Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Those magical IP-xx ratings on electronic equipment

Posted by cdv 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cdv
Those magical IP-xx ratings on electronic equipment
March 10, 2015 06:50PM
As metal detector people, we get to see loads of information on equipment, some of it on new equipment state the IP ratings instead of making it easier for the end user to understand what a piece of equipment can actually do. Since I have the need/want of a waterproof pinpointer, I have been looking around and came up against the IP rating wall again..... I understand that IP-67 is not as good as IP-68 but today I searched for a chart that would let me know everything I could about this rating placed on equipment. Here is a great source that shows exactly what every number means so you will be more informed about how "waterproof" an item really is... makes for a good quick read.

[www.dsmt.com]

Cliff
Re: Those magical IP-xx ratings on electronic equipment
March 10, 2015 07:55PM
Great info. Cliff. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Those magical IP-xx ratings on electronic equipment
March 11, 2015 09:48AM
Interesting to us water folk Cliff...... especially if we are trying to find something waterproof. The term waterproof and water resistant gets thrown around differently depending on country ive found too..... so you really have to take a close look before dunking it in salt water especially.