Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Kellyco blowing out the CoRe's and Gold's

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kellyco blowing out the CoRe's and Gold's
March 11, 2015 12:42AM
for $595. Wow. Making room for the ........................................( impact) ??? shhhhh
Re: Kellyco blowing out the CoRe's and Gold's
March 11, 2015 12:51AM
I've seen a few folks inquiring with big k about replenished stock levels. Seems a few folks have them ordered and are in backorder status.
March 11, 2015 01:52AM
I would think something is up with the price like that or they are trying to take sales away from the racer? Or another machine is coming out?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 11, 2015 02:01AM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> for $595. Wow. Making room for the
> ........................................( impact)
> ??? shhhhh

It's been that price for a few weeks now. They probably don't have them in stock, though.
March 11, 2015 09:39AM
Thats one of the things i dislike about big K. They like to wait until they get enough to order. They have done that with the SEF coils. Which means, you stand in a line longer than a chow line in the military.
March 11, 2015 04:29PM
Hi,,,,Kellyco is not closing these detectors out, they are only pricing these detectors at the new lower price change Nokta made and announced about a month ago....I look for the machines to be around for a long while since they are great performers at a new lower price....This new lower price has nothing to do with a possible new machine that may be on the future horizon.....JJ
March 11, 2015 04:31PM
Just sold my ForsGold package for $675.00, That's with three coils and all the other stuff coming with the package. Hope this was still a deal for the person who purchased it from me, Included the original receipt so the warranty carries over.

After listing the detector, Seen KellyCo had the package for $8 hundred plus something? Hope the person got a good deal with my ForsGold.

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 04:32PM by Old California.
March 11, 2015 04:53PM
Old California Wrote:
> Just sold my ForsGold package for $675.00, That's
> with three coils and all the other stuff coming
> with the package. Hope this was still a deal for
> the person who purchased it from me, Included the
> original receipt so the warranty carries over.
>
> After listing the detector, Seen KellyCo had the
> package for $8 hundred plus something? Hope the
> person got a good deal with my ForsGold.
>
> Paul (Ca)

At $675, you gave the buyer of your ForsGold a good deal Paul.-----You sold him the pro package & they are (currently) listed/selling for $850 at Kellyco.------This $595 price that's being talked about is just for the detector and stock coil.----You are an honest guy & gave the buyer a very reasonable price--he has nothing to complain about.---------Del
March 11, 2015 05:14PM
Paul (Ca) is a valued and trusted member of the detecting community, Like Del said... I thought that was a fair price for the Nokta 4's core Pro package. They were originally selling for something like $1200? I just wish he would finish the Toltec 100 mod and sell it to me where the soil is sweet and mild and get great depths.
March 11, 2015 05:42PM
Sounds like the CoRe's and Gold's are on the soon to be discontinued road.
March 11, 2015 06:01PM
Hey Paul, The reports on the Fors gold have been great, so I'm curious why you've sold it. Is it redundant for you--that you have another machine that will do its job?

Thanks, Joel
March 11, 2015 07:24PM
Thanks Del, Hombre, Joel,

That's good news glad to hear the purchaser of my ForsGold still got a good deal, And that was the first detector I've sold in a couple of years maybe even longer. Just sold the AT-Gold a few days later on evil-bay, Going to sell off some equipment in the future and if I post some here will give Nasa Tom some $$$ for providing us a place to share and sell. That's only fair and what Daniel did was cool sharing a few $$$ with Tom from the sale. Really thought that was neat.

Yuba, For my area up in Gold Country or Coastal Range relic hunting the Nokta were a little shy with handling areas with thick iron vs. the Deus. Out East or other parts of the country others may have different results but for my area the Deus is the better machine, Believe me really run machines to the ground with comparing real out in the field detecting and the Deus edged ahead compared with Nokta. That's one reason I'm not springing for a Racer, Don't think it'll handle thick iron as well as the Deus. Could be wrong but for me the Deus is plenty for working my relic sites laced with iron.

Hombre, Ok if I do complete the Toltec 100 mod it's yours smiling smiley To be honest been so busy with work and school, Sometimes put in 10-15 hours week just studying hitting the books and coupled with work man it really put a dent into my detecting time...... Going to escape this weekend for a day of detecting an old park with my ATX, See if the ATX can pull repeat snagging more deep nickels smiling smiley

HH, Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 07:26PM by Old California.
March 11, 2015 08:31PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Sounds like the CoRe's and Gold's are on the soon
> to be discontinued road.

Hello...just wanted to step in and clarify a few points.
FORS is definitely not being discontinued.
Kellyco $595 price is a discounted price based on our new $699 MSRP for the FORS which was announced a month ago
Thank you!
March 11, 2015 11:54PM
Old California Wrote:
> Thanks Del, Hombre, Joel,
>
> That's good news glad to hear the purchaser of my
> ForsGold still got a good deal, And that was the
> first detector I've sold in a couple of years
> maybe even longer. Just sold the AT-Gold a few
> days later on evil-bay, Going to sell off some
> equipment in the future and if I post some here
> will give Nasa Tom some $$$ for providing us a
> place to share and sell. That's only fair and
> what Daniel did was cool sharing a few $$$ with
> Tom from the sale. Really thought that was neat.
>
> Yuba, For my area up in Gold Country or Coastal
> Range relic hunting the Nokta were a little shy
> with handling areas with thick iron vs. the Deus.
> Out East or other parts of the country others may
> have different results but for my area the Deus is
> the better machine, Believe me really run
> machines to the ground with comparing real out in
> the field detecting and the Deus edged ahead
> compared with Nokta. That's one reason I'm not
> springing for a Racer, Don't think it'll handle
> thick iron as well as the Deus. Could be wrong
> but for me the Deus is plenty for working my relic
> sites laced with iron.
>
> Hombre, Ok if I do complete the Toltec 100 mod
> it's yours smiling smiley To be honest been so busy with work
> and school, Sometimes put in 10-15 hours week
> just studying hitting the books and coupled with
> work man it really put a dent into my detecting
> time...... Going to escape this weekend for a day
> of detecting an old park with my ATX, See if the
> ATX can pull repeat snagging more deep nickels smiling smiley
>
> HH, Paul (Ca)

Paul if you ever part with that custom CZ3D....keep me in mind smiling smiley
March 12, 2015 12:36AM
Thanks Nokta Detectors -

you seemed to have shut down that wild speculation quickly - Its a shame the member did not acknowledge your post in correcting their mistake -

I appreciate the fact that you guys are here correcting the bushite -

Thank you
March 12, 2015 12:59AM
The dollar hit 99 today , or was it yesterday? Whatever...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2015 01:26AM by shoveler.
March 12, 2015 07:07AM
Hello Brian,

The Modified CZ-3D will be one machine that will be hard to part with, One of my favorites and a one of a kind CZ-3D.

Couple of months back, Loaded up a sample of my modified detectors and took them out for some testing up in gold country,Was interesting to see which ones handled mineralized soil and to see how they handled an area laced with iron. Surprisingly, The CZ-3D did well out in the open areas away from iron was handling the poor soil pretty good. Each of the detectors did well, Not like todays machines but decent enough to snag a few finds.

After the fun and games were over, Broke out the heavy hitters then things got serious gaining a little more depth and better separation amongst the iron. Top dog for relic hunting out in cleaner areas was the ATX, Boy did it punch down deep in fact too deep left many a signal behind couldn't reach the targets digging was that tough.

If I ever decide to let the CZ-3D go, You'll be the first to get first dibs.

P.S. Hey I see a ForsGold in the lower pic smiling smiley

Take care,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2015 07:11AM by Old California.
March 12, 2015 10:49AM
Great looking units Paul.--You have a real gift with modding detectors.---Weren't you working on a Explorer or Etrac mod awhile back?----If so, how did that work out?----------That's one I would like to buy from you---a well working (lightened up Minelab).------I am serious when I say this.-----------Del
March 12, 2015 12:53PM
I believe you need a number Del,lol. Yeah,Paul is the mad scientist!
March 12, 2015 03:07PM
Thanks Del,

Recently picked up a used Explorer SE, So now this will eventually be the lighter explorer version. Started switching shaft over the SE meter assembly and that's as far as I got, Hopefully on my net vacation will get this gone. It'll look like a lighter version 3030 very Minelab appearance, You'll like it smiling smiley

Ray, Someday will share on this forum my true passion. Kind of stuff I do for fun very interesting and mind boggling, Pretty sure the forum will enjoy it allot smiling smiley

HH, Paul (Ca)
March 12, 2015 07:11PM
Thanks Paul. That's a great lineup of machines! I definitely see a meter mod theme there and your coil choice of preference smiling smiley

I have a hard enough time trying to get out to detect, but I have a CZ mod that I'd like to try some day. I discussed some time back with Tom D. about adding a meter to the CZ. Effectively the same way of adding a digital multimeter to the Sovereign would work on a CZ. I've yet to try it, but it's on a future list to try to add a meter to my backup CZ70 smiling smiley

Happy hunting,
Brian
March 13, 2015 03:13PM
That would be a cool mod adding a digital multimeter or some other type of meter for the CZ series, If it can be done hope you're the one to pull it off be a neat mod for sure.

We'll have to get out something with year, Even if it's meeting up somewhere during our travels having lunch or something that will be great too!

HH, Paul
March 13, 2015 04:36PM
Old Cali--may I ask what your mod on the Lobo is--I have an original that I bought when they first came out and haven't used it but in the yard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 04:49PM by doc holiday.
March 13, 2015 09:07PM
Hello Doc,

Sure, With the Tesoro Lobo modified it to a single filter and can't remember but did something else to it based from Reg Sniffs recommendations to the original Lobo.

That's about the only difference between stock and the current Lobo setup, Nice unit runs smooth and very good as a relic machine.

Take care,
Paul (Ca)
March 14, 2015 03:14PM
Thanks,OC.
Gene
March 14, 2015 03:37PM
Hey Paul,

What coil is pictured on the Eurotek Pro? You captioned the picture "modified."
What's modded on the Eurotek Pro?

A friend recently started MDing and bought one with the concentric 8" coil. It seems to be woefully weak on depth (compared to what I expected from the ETP, and am used to getting with my detectors).
Just wondering what might be available to him for better performance with his machine?

Thanks.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 14, 2015 04:39PM
Hello Wayne,

With the Eurotek Pro, The only thing I did to it was add an extra GB pot and toggle switch. With the Toggle, Can flip from Pre-Set GB or to manual GB. Did this so the unit can be used as an extra for beginners or users with more experience if they wanted to test out the Eurotek Pro.

Only draw back is the manual GB effects Target ID, Depending on ones ground condition's target ID will read a target different but that's ok once you scan a few coins after manually ground balancing the experienced users can retain this information and will know what's under the coil. Beginners use pre-set, Simple machine and does well in parks.

The elliptical coil Elbert gave me a year or so back, Not sure what type of model it's for but it does work with Eurotek. Also, Wouldn't recommend this mod due to it's effecting target ID. One might as well get a more expensive Fisher already having manual GB.

Good machine for its price, Great starter for someone new to the hobby.

Take care,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 04:40PM by Old California.