Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need some advice on a CZ-20

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need some advice on a CZ-20
June 17, 2010 05:14PM
Hi guys I need a little advice here. I bought a Beach Hunter 300 a few months ago only put a few hours on it and decided its not for me. Someone on Findmall said he will trade a CZ-20 with a hard shell case in great shape.I originally wanted the CZ-21 in the first place but didn't want to spend the extra $300 I see on Ebay the CZ-20 is going for around $700 w a case. Looks like a pretty fair trade.One big thing I have in question is the quality of the machine. I looked up some reviews on the 20 and theres a lot of bad stuff on quality and it doesn't go deep. The only Fisher water machine I ever had was a 1280x over 20 yrs ago that thing was built like a tank. Also what was the diiference between the 20 and the 21? I have feeling it was something to do with tones...
Thanks!
Aaron

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2010 05:29PM by Aaron.
Re: Need some advice on a CZ-20
June 17, 2010 07:25PM
Aaron,

I have a used CZ20 I bought about a year ago, and I bought it based on pictures and what the owner told me. It has NO issues at this time, the pin point button is still solid and leak free ( I do not use a pin point button on the beach anyway, so wear n tear on it would be minimal on mine) and all in all it is a great machine. It's heavy, but built super soild. Mine has the 10.5 inch coil, but it also has a short cable so I cannot hip mount it.

The only bad thing is, if something does go wrong, Fisher/FT ends up turning it into a CZ21 with a nice price tag.

If the one you are thinking of getting has an 8 inch coil and case, I think I saw pictures of that and it looks like a clean unit. As far as coil size goes, I like the 8 inch coils on the CZ's in the water. Less drag and easier to pin point without using the pin point button.

I had a BHID300 and liked it a lot, but the big coil was not for me. That unit is a great unit...deep,sensitive to gold, but like I said, the 12 inch coil was tough to use all day for me and I found as the hours progressed, my form suffered.

JC
June 17, 2010 11:14PM
If it's a good CZ-20..........it's quite deep/powerful. The new CZ-21 is the same unit.....but with a few improved mechanical leak-point upgrades....such as the pinpoint button.
June 19, 2010 12:16AM
the cz20 can be upgrade to the cz21 for $291.00 according to felix at fisher. you should be able to get a cz20 for less than $500.00. $700.00 seems high to me.