Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer on caps/screw tops

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer on caps/screw tops
March 29, 2015 12:39AM
Some folks may be wondering about how the detector does. Well today I was showing a friend my Racer. We got to talking and decided to do a small experiment. We gathered a couple beer tops and one screw cap. I dropped a dime, pennies (a pre 1982 and a 2003 model years) and a nickel on the ground. I demonstrated to my friend. In DI3 gain 85 ID mask 10. I swung over the caps. One of them read 53, the other 2 read 82/83 between different sweeps. The tone is blah sounding and long. Sweeping each of the coins tone was way shorter and cleaner/crisper. When I swung over the nickel my friend said it didn't sound good. I had to explain the nickel was ringing as a mid tone, but even this mid tone was also very narrow/crisp clean. All this was done using external speaker, high quality phones would have provided even more differential. Now remember this is small coil performance information. I'll try do some stock coil comparisons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 01:20AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Racer on caps/screw tops
March 29, 2015 02:06AM
It loves foil but most machines do except the VDI is in the gold ring range just like all my machines

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 30, 2015 03:59PM
I can't recall who posted it, but someone posted that when they lift the coil on a crown cap, the TID drops to the 70's or lower quickly, but the TID stays solid on a coin.
March 31, 2015 03:24PM
and in river water on the same items ??