Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What about the f19

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What about the f19
March 30, 2015 02:08AM
opinions !!!! On the f 19
Is it as good as the hype? I want a back up to my 75 or who knows a replacement. I know it is good on relics buttons etc but does it cut the mustard on coins. Does anyone have it and the 75 Se? How do they compare and are they Different enough to justify both?

Thanks Brian
Re: What about the f19
March 30, 2015 02:28AM
I have read a lot about a lot of the detectors that have or are coming out..From what I have read the F19 should give the Racer a run for the money...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 30, 2015 02:48AM
I picked one up on the way to Virginia and actually put it together in my hotel room and my first time turning it on was in the field on the relic hunt. I didn't want to spend a lot of time with it because of the time restraint of the hunt. But I did make a few finds with it for just turning it on and go. I wanted to see what it could do in Culpeper soil and was pretty impressed that it could hit a nickel in disc mode 6-7 inches in that ground. Not many VLF machines can do that.

When I got back home today I ran it through my test garden. I just have the stock coil on mine. I can tell you that its love is low conductors. I have a silver dime buried at approx 7 inches and I can't get a repeatable signal on it in disc mode in my soil. But over a few feet from it, I have a nickel buried at around 10 inches deep, and I can get a signal on it but not on every pass. The faster I sweep it, the better it will give a signal.

In all metal mode it really shows some muscle. It hits on everything and gives very good signals. It seems to be a strong detector; has several coil options available for it. In disc mode...I think its actually better than the F75 for overall ID. Time will tell the tale but thus far I'm impressed with what it can do. I think I'm gonna get the 5 inch coil for mine and then maybe a larger coil; although the large coil would defeat the unmasking purposes of the machine.
March 30, 2015 02:59AM
Ive wrote a good bit of stuff on the F19...

and also my thoughts of the F19 against the F75..

My findings have not changed

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 03:08AM by Keith Southern.
March 30, 2015 03:01AM
Keith
Does that mean when you walk past both of em the 19 goes with you??
The 75 coils don't work on the 19? Is that right

Thanks
March 30, 2015 03:19AM
Coils interchange but not guranteed to work..

I have had good luck with swapping and bad luck...so to be sure buy the right coils for each unit..

the F19 unmaks better than the F75 in iron.. as it should.. its got the right settings to do so...

I have more problems right now trying to decide against the F19 and the Racer when I go out...the Racer is as deep as the F75 with small ..
coil Vs small f75 coil.. the racer small coil is amped up...The F19 is no where near as deep with small coil...

yet the 5x10 evens up the depth some while retaining separation.....

the Racer is the F19's main competitor because of the way it sees small like a High freq unit...yet it punches deeper on a wider range of targets like the F75...Not quite as deep as the F75 but close...

its hard for me to decide which machine to use..So like today and yesterday I used Both...and found different targets...

Actually the CoRe made me see I did not need a F75 for my hunts...

I have a Need for a F19

sad to say but for site work the F75 is due a overhaul...it needs newer ideas to unmask with the Euros and the F19..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 30, 2015 03:29AM
Sure be nice if they work. I've got the sharpshooter and the 3 x 6 for the 75. When they don't work what happens. Bad readings , pinpoint ??
Thanks again
March 30, 2015 04:01AM
Hey Keith, I will have to find your write-ups on the F19.
I have the Gold Bug Pro and was going to upgrade to the F19 before the Racer came to town.
Besides the added features does it perform a lot better than the GB Pro?
I've only had my Racer out twice and I miss the feel of swinging the weightless Gold Bug Pro but
The Racer is a LOT more machine than my GB Pro for coins, depth, ID and unmasking.
Hard to imagine Fisher improved on the Gold Bug Pro with new F19 that much but if they did I might pick one up
and put it against my Racer.
March 30, 2015 04:07AM
Most folks can't just pick up a detector here and there. They typically use one, and sometimes 2 detectors. Cost is a big issue. The Fors Core is available with 3 coils, a great case, headphones, for about the price of an F19.

For the average hobbyist, it's a no brainer. Those detectors are close enough in performance.
March 30, 2015 04:12AM
They just dont work..they have very poor depth and noisy I have found..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 30, 2015 04:25AM
Alot better???

Yes in a way..

its faster ..it unmask in iron better coil size for coil size.....

and its also a tad deeper...reason Being and I believ its accurate form what Ive found and concluded...the GB uses disc to break tone... the F19 uses V-Break for tone break...so what you get is the ability to run the Disc on ZERO and set the tone break to nail or wherever you need..and by staying on ZERO disc you get that little extra UMPH that zero disc setting gives...

Sort of like on the F75 when you turn disc to zero in two tone you get some depth gain...same with the F19..

And you Know whats funny that Idea caught me out of left field..I studied it for a few minutes one day and concluded that heres the gain over a G2 or GB PRO....its not alot but its still a gain.. and any little bit helps.

the F19 is also giving you iron volume and notch width and backlight....If needed??

Would I buy a F19 if I had a G2 or GB PRO? ...Yes.. its that much better all around not night and day but better all the same and if you are looking for any edge its a wise investment over the odle generation......Its evolved into a pretty much do it all unit...hard to fault it...

Not the deepest on high coins but in trash especially iron its very good and wil find masked coins no matter the conductance...Maybe the next incarnation will add the third tone also V-Break..

The GMP and the Racer has spoiled me to 3 tones for modern trash work...Im not a 4 tone or more guy but three tones has its place...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 30, 2015 04:30AM
Bflo,
I read on a Findmall post by Tom Slick that the F75 3x6 coil on the F-19 would separate very well but wouldn't go deep. so I decided to try it at an abandoned trailer court that was just bulldozed. I never found much there before it was dozed and used all kinds of detectors. The Discovery Baron with the Pro Hunter module seemed to eke out the most non-ferrous small stuff, mostly small electrical & plumbing parts. but I've always collected scrap, so that was OK. A person does get addicted to an ID readout, at least I do. So I gave the F19 a try with the 3x6 and it did a good job collecting pennies, dimes, and nickels that were thrown up by the dozer. Then I went over the same area on another day with the 5x10 stock coil and found some coins a bit deeper, but only 1/3rd as many. Ditto with the f75 and the Nel Sharpshooter--somehow that hunt was more fun with the 3 tones. Nice to play with a variety of combinations. I need to go back there and see what the Baron can glean. Have Fun, Joel The F75 Sharpshooter works on the F19, but doesn't get the depth of the stock coil in an air test.
March 30, 2015 10:33AM
March 30, 2015 01:01PM
Having owned all 3 - f75 ltd, f70 and f19. The f19 has the best fun factor, best )rock solid stable) target ID, smooth running at high power, hits deep as any on low, mid and mid upper conductors. Only lacks some on the highest conductors on depth. Lightweight. It's just a super coin and relic machine. The f19's had a shaky start with no depth. But that and the fact that they were pushed as the greatest relic machine ever hurt sales (marketing error). Lot's of posts asking if it will find coins? It's a "metal detector" it will find metal.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 31, 2015 12:28AM
Ok last question does the lower shaft from the 75 fit the 19. I've got an extra one. Trying to figure out a sales package

Brian
March 31, 2015 12:49AM
Yes it does....

yet if your at or above 6ft they seem a little short...

The F19 is shipped in a small box and the upper shaft is I would say shorter than it could be....I think the box is smaller to be able to save on shipping..

I use the last hole on the F19 with stock bottom pole..same as F75 and I cant quite get coil to rest on ground without bending my back a tad...

I bought some Bounty hunters 26" poles from Kellyco for 9.99 a piece same rods as the F75/F19 ETC just longer.. works like a charm for me....Heck i bought a pile of them ..

If your at 5'11" or less your good to go stock...I would think a 6.2 or higher would be very uncomfortable

Keith

-Nikola Tesla