Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3rd is the Charm

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
3rd is the Charm
June 19, 2010 04:01AM
Got the 3D on time, THANKS Guys and you know who U R. First tone and 44 wheatie, 2nd hightone, class ring and both 3" under plug and under 5 mins. It is on the money when PP and scratched a penny which is a bullseye @ 4" UnderPlug. 68' ring has a local story that still makes me laugh. This one is going back to owner and hope to get story of how it got here.(If still kickin). Still have concern w/3D but mostly cosmetic. Faceplate moves at bottom in and out when PP or any knobs moved on bottom. HELP I'm in 3D XXX. Can I fix this myself. This one is almost sweet. 3 weeks is enough! Sens=3, Desc=0, Vol=5(earbuds), Grd=7 Pics on TQ @ShovellNose
Re: 3rd is the Charm
June 19, 2010 12:59PM
Can you run your Sens on '4'..........or slightly higher....say 4-1/2?

As far as the faceplate going 'mobile' at the bottom of the faceplate. It is usually one of three things.

1. The 2 cotter pins that hold the main board to the faceplate are loose or missing.
2. A pinched wire between (bottom of) face plate and outer box........just behind the faceplate.
3. Warped box.

All three concerns can only be determined by sliding the electronics out of the box........which requires care and due diligence. . . . because of a fair amount of close-tolerance wiring. You CAN do this yourself.........but BE CAREFUL.

If you want to do this........just holler......and I'll give step-by-step instructions.
June 19, 2010 04:31PM
Thanks, your input would be grtly appreciated. I can move Sens up and its functioning grt. I have backgrd in electronics and have been phone and data tech for last 12 yrs. With your guidence Im sure we can pull it off. I know I made the right choice in the 3D. My finds are headed in rgt direction and easy to learn w/owning a Landstar for a while. The 3D is a Landstar on steriods!
June 19, 2010 06:07PM
Jumped out there and fixed it. Thanks Tom Tomorrow is old site day!
June 20, 2010 11:42AM
Copy that. Good to hear. Let us know how you are doing.

Happy Intelligent Hunting!