Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just saw the Signum STF Intronik...Impressive results..

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Just saw the Signum STF Intronik...Impressive results..
May 05, 2015 11:31AM
On the Berkut you can adjust the Hodograph somewhat.
You can process one target signal to appear and a split second later disappear and be ready to display the next target.
Or you can choose to view multiple targets on the screen to compare etc. The adjustment will leave the first and second.... targets up on the screen...
Or you can compare multiple sweeps over the same target.

Not sure if the Sorex or Sig has this feature, I am sure they do.

The Hodograph is unprocessed raw target information.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 05, 2015 03:01PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> deathray Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So what now, in plain English, does this
> hobograph
> > do?? Is it like the lcd screen on my
> fishfinder.
> > Guess Im just a dumbass, but honestly cant
> follow
> > this.
>
> LoL= "hoBograph"!!!!!!!!
> Sorry...hodograph...guess I will have to look on youtube, since its not getting explained, that i can understand anyway
> Yer killin me Ray!! grinning smiley
May 05, 2015 04:39PM
Ray..

[en.wikipedia.org]

And heres a illustration of the Signum Hodograph

see the dotted line straight up the middle ?? Thats the break point for ferrous to non ferrous ..Objects on the left of the line are ferrous.usually and pobjects on the right are non ferrous usually..thats the scale..to the left is negative to thr right is postive...on a side note though when using the disc for tone break you can go over into the negative side of say -22 and that wil set tone break...

the coins youll notice will make a straight trace line..junk like bottle caps and screw caps and pulltabs and such will make wider lines..iron will create all sorts of weird shapes but not straight...

now there is excpetions like any system and also some things will fool you .. and in mineral dirt the lines will skew.. a coin may not be a solid straight line but a fatter line...but still if a coin is skewing a bit so will the trash and it will be even fatter...

heres a junk bottle cap reading like a coin I.D. of +76 ..the I.D. number is in the left top...right top number is intensity..

Heres a coin reading +76 ...same intensity too..

So you can see what we can gain from a Hodograph...more visual target analyzation...

now what the Intronik HOPEFULLY will bring is SEE THROUGH to make the Hodograph be very very accurate even over the 7272 ...then we would cherry pick like no other...say get a 11 inch dime but leave a 11 inch pulltab...

Now co-locates ont he Hodo will have a different trace....like a nail and a dime together so it would be squirrley looking to say the least...but separate isolated targets will be purer readings.....

Also the further to the right the higher the conductor on the graph..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2015 05:18PM
So like polar plot on the V3i but in single frequency black and white display? I bet it's accuracy is depth limited as well.
May 05, 2015 05:25PM
Is this similar to graph the White's V3i can produce looks similar.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 05, 2015 05:52PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> So like polar plot on the V3i but in single
> frequency black and white display? I bet it's
> accuracy is depth limited as well.

On the Signum, depth for sure affects the accuracy of the hodograph. I did dig quite a few 8" bottle caps learning the machine as it was just too close (sound wise) but when you become proficient you
can decipher most out. The hodoraph at that depth, I would never rely on it alone, but with sound, feel, experience, I think one will be quite good with the machine.

Those beer bottle caps are a bit of a problem for the Signum but with the bottlecap mode on and just learning the target
it for sure is acceptable. Bottlecaps aren't a big problem where I hunt though.

I would prefer an E-Trac like see through though with bottlecaps. But, the Intronik being 2 simultaneous frequencies might not have a problem with bottlecaps that the Signum sort of has. Keith?

Albert
May 05, 2015 06:34PM
Thats what Im trying to get across..

It has limitations on the 7272..

BUT if the Intronic does what it is saying it can do MINERAL wise..

Then the Hodograph would work closer to the same results in the dirt that it does in the air and that would be a huge leap in terms of I.D. Accuracy..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 06, 2015 12:57AM
Hmmm...thats pretty cool. I imagine it may be a jewerly hunters dream machine too.
May 07, 2015 07:21PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Thats what Im trying to get across..
>
> It has limitations on the 7272..
>
> BUT if the Intronic does what it is saying it can
> do MINERAL wise..
>
> Then the Hodograph would work closer to the same
> results in the dirt that it does in the air and
> that would be a huge leap in terms of I.D.
> Accuracy..
>
>
> Keith

Yeah, funny, I hadn't given the bottle cap thing any thought. I really was thinking of the Intronik as giving me a stable ID at depth. I'm actually shockingly happy with the depth of the Signum. I don't hunt parks much so bottlecaps aren't a problem but the iron mineralized soil (even though sandy at times) gives machines problems with IDing accurately. To be able to "see through" the caps is going to be interesting. I wonder how the machine will do around moderate iron running two frequencies (I wonder how fast the new machine will run as the E-Trac is fairly slow but the CTX much much faster). I'm impressed with the Minelabs and FBS in moderate iron actually. (Not heavy for sure).

Throw the hodograph into the mix and we have an interesting machine on our hands. I love that it is the default. The V3i introduced many tricks and I like the 3 freq pinpoint and holograph, having those potentially almost back is exciting.

I love hunting for deeper coins and I love not hurting my back while doing so. To go deeper than the Minelab machines (or any other VLF's that I have tried) and not to be in pain is going to be such a joy. I do miss the Minelab sound but I admit I really do like the "stock" hunt modes (recommended ones, forget the name). The polyphonic seems to false more on iron in my ground if memory serves correct.

I think they can clean things up with the menu and such. The Signum is still a bit raw but I don't like playing with settings too much so it isn't a problem (outside of the eductation videos where I play around, lol.)
The machines sort of have a bit of an industrial feel, though lite in weight.

Thanks,
Albert
May 07, 2015 07:34PM
The Intronik seems to be the holy grail for you USA detectorists who do parks but all we want in the UK is a detector that can discriminate ferrous from non ferrous at depth, surely its the same for all you relic hunters ?
May 08, 2015 03:24AM
YES Sanjuro that's what we crave positive iron I.D. at depth...For relics especially

maybe the Intronik will work..??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla