Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Holy Grail of Detection

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Holy Grail of Detection
May 08, 2015 04:34PM
I was looking for some information I posted a long time ago about air tests on my TDI In order to post them to the thread on TDI air tests. instead I found something I posted a long time ago when the TDI was newly released and hardly anybody that actually handled one. There was a lot of enthusiasm and not a small amount of hype of which I was as guilty as anyone else.

I think I did manage to keep my sense of humor however – and when somebody started talking about "the holy Grail" I wrote the following. I think it might apply generally to a lot of new detectors which come out and are met with wild enthusiasm.

For your (hopeful) amusement.

lytle78
05-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi Ridge Runner,

I'm not the one who mentioned the Holy Grail - but it's funny - if you look up the legend of the Grail - for example on Wikipedia, you find:

"The Grail plays a different role everywhere it appears, but in most versions of the legend the hero must prove himself worthy to be in its presence. In the early tales, Percival's immaturity prevents him from fulfilling his destiny when he first encounters the Grail, and he must grow spiritually and mentally before he can locate it again. In later tellings the Grail is a symbol of God's grace, available to all but only fully realized by those who prepare themselves spiritually, like the saintly Galahad."

Now we're being told (rightly, no doubt) that the TDI isn't a detector for everyone; that one must prepare oneself by practice and training to be able to benefit from the "blessings" of the object. The first buyers must be carefully prepared to deal with the power.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing anyone here. A lot of powerful tools are like that. Unless you apply yourself, practice, train, experiment and yes, suffer, you won't be able to achieve your goal.

Of course, I'm only half serious about this - but I am HALF serious!

Rick K

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: The Holy Grail of Detection
May 08, 2015 05:14PM
Hi Rick...

What little I know about the TDI would probably fit in a thimble..lol..I do know that to take advantage of it's power is to run it in some tough ground conditions. The TDI would have no advantages here in Kansas where the soil is mild. I can get unbelievable depth with regular VLF machines, yet my detectors would have a tough time at a very mineralized hunting site like a salt water black sand beach or those hot grounds around the northwest and southeastern USA or some of those hellish spots in Europe where a strong magnet picks up the soil.