Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

what should a properly tuned CZ-70 Pro test at?

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
what should a properly tuned CZ-70 Pro test at?
July 15, 2010 01:26PM
I had my CZ-70 Pro serviced by somebody because it wasn't getting good depth, only air testing a dime at 6". The guy tuned it and left a message yesterday and said it tests a pennie at 8" with the sensitivity set at 8. This does not sound right to me mainly because I can only usually run the machine mostly at 4. Anything higher I get falsing and chatter. I need to call him back today. Thanks guys. Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:28PM by Aaron.
Re: what should a properly tuned CZ-70 Pro test at?
July 15, 2010 09:46PM
May be this will help you...

--> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]

To me it was very helpful and all I can say again is: Thank you very much for your help, Tom.
July 16, 2010 12:25AM
Vito, you are welcome. ......and THANK YOU for saving me some time!
July 16, 2010 03:59AM
Thanks alot Vito.
I called FISHER today and talked with one of the service guys and asked him him the same question. He said optimal performance is the same as the guy who worked on mine...a dime at 8-9inches sensitivity @ 8. I told him that the highest I can run this machines sensitivity is 4, anything higher I start getting alot of falsing. He told me I probably need to ground balance better, however, one of my hunting buddys has a 7a pro. The highest he can set his sensitivity is 4 also and hes getting alot of coins at 8" I never heard of anyone who even uses a CZ that runs their sensitivity wide open like that...justs seems impossible.
Oh well...I'll figure this out sooner or later.
Aaron
July 16, 2010 11:02AM
If that's what they're telling you then they don't know what they are doing. You need to have Daniel Snell who is a super tech from the original Los Banos Fisher look at your machine. I have tested numerous CZ-70's and 4 is usually the most stable setting for depth AND proper ID without alot of falsing but 6 is max for a few more inches in depth with often more erratic ID and some falsing...good luck with that one.

I'm a little disgusted with the inability of anyone to be able to competently and consistently calibrate a digital CZ. If it develops a problem these days, it's probably just best for parts the way things are going... sad smiley