Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta FORS Gold For Sale

Posted by Steve Herschbach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta FORS Gold For Sale
June 04, 2015 01:02AM
Selling my Nokta FORS Gold at [www.detectorprospector.com]

Bottom line is I have the Nokta FORS Gold and FORS CoRe. For my main use of gold prospecting, I decided the FORS CoRe suits me a tad better than the FORS Gold because the COG (Conductive Ground) mode intended for salt water beaches also works well in the alkali salt areas we run into in Nevada when nugget detecting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 04:32AM by Steve Herschbach.
It's times like this ....
June 04, 2015 03:08AM
When it sucks to be in Canada. Shipping sucks. The dollar sucks. Duty charges suck. hahaha. Damn.
Re: Racer Deluxe Pro Package For Sale
June 04, 2015 03:13AM
The Racer is SOLD but the FORS Gold is still available. Original post edited to reflect this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 04:33AM by Steve Herschbach.
Re: It's times like this ....
June 04, 2015 03:14AM
Very good price on some very good detectors. I wish I had some extra money.
Re: Racer Deluxe Pro Package For Sale
June 04, 2015 04:35AM
Yep, very good package deal for the price, plus they have transferable warranties.
Re: Nokta FORS Gold For Sale
June 04, 2015 04:53PM
FORS Gold sold now also. Apparently I am one of those people who can only edit a post once so I can't get rid of the original post or link. Thanks!
June 04, 2015 09:40PM
Hi Steve -

Can I just get a little clarification regarding the Fors CoRe -

Now from my research the Fors CoRe is a great relic and coin machine which is capable of also hunting saltwater beaches etc -

It also appears that it is also a competant prospecting unit as well and this kinda has me excited to know that this one machine can effectively operate in those four enviroments - Asides from the Makro Racer, are there other branded units that can perform to the same level over those very same areas?

From my experience most detectors will competantly work well in three area's but not all four -

Therefore the Fors CoRe/Makro Racer appear to have an ability to work more areas effectively than their opposition -

If this is the case then the major selling point of these units is the fact that they virtually cover all extremes except for being waterproof, however knowing Makro/Nokta they will already be in the pipeline -

Whats your take on this Steve and are there other detectors that can work those four area's like the fors CoRe?

Thanks
June 04, 2015 10:44PM
Actually there are so many of them that I refer to new ones Just Another Mid Frequency Multi Purpose Gold Detector. Here is a by no means complete list but it has the most popular:

Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Garrett AT Gold
Makro Racer
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Nokta FORS CoRe/Gold
Tesoro Lobo ST
White's MXT

Basically, if it runs from 13 kHz to 20 kHz, has a manual ground balance or possibly ground tracking on the case of the Lobo, and some sort of discrimination then you can use it for gold prospecting plus just about anything else. The mid frequency "do-it-all" category is very popular and that is why everyone makes one.

I get so many questions on this that I have maintained for years and regularly update at [www.detectorprospector.com]

Frankly, in capable hands they are all fairly equivalent as gold prospecting units so I recommend people look at all the other features which tend to set them apart. They range from very deluxe in the case of the X-Terra to quite basic like the Gold Bug.

The only area they all find challenging is salt water. In order to be good on gold they have to be able to detect salt water. The only way around this is to allow the machine to tune out the salt water, and it then will also miss small or deep gold that reads in the salt range. There is no getting around this for any detector that uses conductivity as an operating principle. On the list above the Racer, X-Terra, FORS CoRe, and MXT all have a specific "Salt or Beach Mode" and the Lobo has an "Alkali Mode" which is similar. The Gold Bug and AT Gold would be more problematic on salt beaches and I would avoid them if that is a major concern.

Despite what anyone ever tells you no single frequency detector should be considered as anything more than "adequate" when it comes to salt water beaches. They work great on dry sand but in the wet sand multi-frequency and pulse machines reign supreme.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 10:50PM by Steve Herschbach.
June 05, 2015 12:02PM
Thank you for your input steve! I have found gold rings with both the Fisher Gold Bug Pro, and now with the Nokta Fors CoRe. I enjoy both units, but for now (and what I have to use currently), the CoRe is my go to machine!

Bubba
June 05, 2015 03:50PM
Thanks for your informative reply Steve - Appreciate it