Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Getting to know your detector...Nokta Core..

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Getting to know your detector...Nokta Core..
June 09, 2015 12:16AM
For those experienced with this detector,how long did it take for you to get comfortable with it? I was fooled too many times so I guess I need some more practice. I guess maybe 25 hours? I've only got like 4 hours.
Re: Getting to know your detector...Nokta Core..
June 09, 2015 01:04AM
I think it depends on what other detectors a person has run. My Xp Deus experience I think helped me pick up on both CoRe and Racer fairly fast. And 4 hours aint much time. Keep at it. I actually don't like to take a new to me detector to a target rich environment to learn. Rather a site that has been hunted pretty hard with other detectors. I may be different than most folks though.
June 09, 2015 01:11AM
I'll say when you finally can distinguish that stop you in your tracks solid tone you have arrived grasshopper. Lol. To me the CoRe has better audio than a Racer does. Its a more educated audio I'll call it. For me the sounds are more nuanced also or you can distinguish them better. If you're hunting in DI3 it will come quick. Trash just does not sound good compared to good metal. Rather there is a big difference once you get what trash sounds like down in your head. That solid hit will stand out like a sore thumb. Can't give you an hour estimate but after about 40 or 50 hours in 2 tone switching to 3 it came quick for me. I'll say you won't Dig much trash if your coin hunting and you get that solid tone in your head. Then even a nickel has that sound or a ring even. Good metal it does love.
June 09, 2015 11:56AM
Detectorist - I personally say it depends on what you're hunting for. I agree with TNSS. I'd also recommend taking it to a place if you're relic hunting for something that has been pounded to death. Listen to the towns and dig, dig, dig. Will you dig junk? Oh absolutely. Will you learn the machine faster? You Betcha! And if you're Park hunting, don't be afraid to dig those mid 40s to mid-50s range. This is how I found a gold ring, and very nice V nickle
June 09, 2015 03:25PM
With the deus it took about 8 hunts with the racer it took two hunts but I still am learning no matter how well I know a detector

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 09, 2015 03:55PM
What do you mean by fooled...

tone or visual .I D.......or both...

The CoRe does most of the work for you without alot of LEARNING..

Are you hunting for depth on isolated targets....are you hunting through modern trash...are you in a nail infested site..?

Keith.

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 10, 2015 07:05PM
Good question!

With the Velox One, I took to it real quick!
The big snag was finding a decent headphone to suit.
Can't remember what I did find but am thinking might have been a set of "Troys?"

I've a CORS Fore to test in the foreseeable future and will be hoping for a short learn curve but
With all I've read and observed, it might take a tad longer to master?

Des D
June 10, 2015 09:43PM
The Racer came very quick to me. Keith's video on the differences between coins and bottle caps helped a great deal. Takes a little while to get used to that good target sound but it will come. I think I had it after about four or five hours. It helps a great deal to place a junk target about a foot or two from a coin and just listen to the difference in the sound. You can't do it by waving each past the coil as your brain won't pick up the difference due to the time it takes to switch targets. Place them on the ground and sweep over each a number of times and soon you'll hear the difference. Junk ferrous targets (at least bottle caps) have a fuzzy or scratchy sound at the start and the trailing edge of the target. Coins and non ferrous targets have a clean round sound.