Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Step aside pull tabs, say hello to.......

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Step aside pull tabs, say hello to.......
June 10, 2015 04:19AM
Re: Step aside pull tabs, say hello to.......
June 10, 2015 10:46AM
Gotta keep life interesting!----Gotta have something new to "delight the detectorist"! grrrrrr
June 10, 2015 01:10PM
Ive got about a hand full of those now and they really make um different. but ill dig them all day long compared to those crazy foil juice lids........ hate um on the beach. They changed up some of the beer bottle caps too..... putting copper in them.

Dew
June 10, 2015 01:16PM
I haven't dug one yet. Still plenty of tabs and foil here.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
June 10, 2015 01:18PM
I would imagine that before long, the sites will not be refilled with coins either. Think about it...people are carrying less cash and coins on them than ever before. Everybody pays with cards of some sort. Not coins. Heck, even in the vending machines at work, the cheapest thing in there is a small pack of crackers and they are $1.00. A Snickers candy bar is $1.50. And they have card sliders on them too.

And the other thing is...people don't congregate for things like they once did. I mean like for carnivals or circus type things. That sort of stuff is either done at amusement parks where its all concrete or indoors. Most revivals and such arent under tents anymore...they are indoors. Parks...who the heck goes to parks anymore? Lol We are all obese rascals that sit in front of flatscreen TVs, computers, and smart phones.
June 10, 2015 01:33PM
Daniel TN hit the nail on the head ...heck even an old digger like myself has a debit card and rarely have any change in my pockets..certainly hurts the amount of clad in the pouch....Even if they never made another tab would still be a bunch in our local parks...Sad but true...
June 10, 2015 02:53PM
e-cigs will never be the problem of the future that are zinc's are already creating.
My experience is that those who carp the most about pulltabs and trash are also the ones who refuse to dig the zincs.
Zinc's can mask as well anything and corrode into all sorts of sounds and numbers.
I find lots of interesting stuff in the zinc range,,,including gold!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2015 02:55PM by shoveler.
June 10, 2015 03:29PM
I am partially to blame for seeding fields and places with zinc cents. We use to have war with them when I was a kid. If you spin the edge around you will see one end is ways thinner than the other. If you hold the thin part with your middle finger tip and thumb, and snap your fingers, you can hurl a penny with surprising force and velocity. At 10-20 feet, they will leave a welp when they hit. And they make a wicked buzzing sound coming through the air. .50 cents worth of pennies = a bunch of ammo smiling smiley And a lot of holes you guys gotta dig to get them out of the way. Lol Fun times. All the boys would come to school with our pants about to fall off from the weight of pennies in the pockets...waiting on recess or the teacher to leave the room for a minute. In which a skirmish would break out, and then full scale war on the playground.
June 10, 2015 03:39PM
IT wil only get worse with what we find. I hate trash not too long ago you could go to a park or school and come home with some great finds. Now it is getting harder to not burn out digging trash...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!