Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

man finds medieval treasure stash

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
man finds medieval treasure stash
June 20, 2015 04:36PM
[www.walesonline.co.uk]

A pensioner stumbled on a "once in a lifetime" trove of medieval treasure when metal detecting in a friend's field.

Cliff Massey, 86, found an impressive hoard of three 23 carat gold and 25 silver coins during two separate visits to Iford Edwards' farm near Bronington.

He also made the “once in a lifetime” discovery of a 15th century gold ring featuring a cabochon blue sapphire.
Re: man finds medieval treasure stash
June 20, 2015 04:57PM
I'm just happy to break into the 1800's! LOL. Nice story. That should supplement his fixed income?!!!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
June 20, 2015 05:08PM
I was happy just to brake the 1900 date smiling smiley good for him.
June 20, 2015 05:34PM
86 years old and still detecting/finding the good stuff...... My hat is off to him.
June 20, 2015 09:41PM
cadman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 86 years old and still detecting/finding the good
> stuff...... My hat is off to him.

Amen, my thoughts too!
June 20, 2015 09:54PM
Heck maybe I have longer than I thought.....unfortunately nothing of this magnitude buried in the country....However I heard the drug dealers hide their gold coins in plastic pipe capped at both ends...and then again might want to bury it where I found it as I may join the gold coins...
June 22, 2015 04:28PM
There must be some very well to do drug addicts if they're paying the dealer in gold coins. I'd like to hunt that neighborhood.
June 22, 2015 04:53PM
I think they convert their non-bankable cash to gold rather than charge the customers for it. I certainly would not recommend going public with that find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the term is sleeping with the fish, but I only watch old movies. eye popping smiley.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie