Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"Most Valuable" vintage detector?

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: "Most Valuable" vintage detector?
November 05, 2015 03:40PM
Rel Expl XS the early ones such as the S and the XS that had 99 screen when turned on many had problems in some units..

If you have the later runs Sep 2000 problems are few and far between as Minelab improved the original models....Certainly vintage at its finest......
November 05, 2015 09:35PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith,
>
> What a great List!
>
> I'd add to it...Compass 77B..
> Garrett Groundhog
> Tesoro Silver Sabre Mk 1
>
> Des

No Musketeer Des?

you have just shattered me lol
November 10, 2015 01:41AM
1266X,,,Used it today to clean up behind/after my Etrac,,,,spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 10, 2015 04:27PM
I read the question as "which vintage detector would you have to pay up to get"? On that basis, I'd add the Tesoro Diablo to the list.
November 10, 2015 06:35PM
Fisher cz anyone of them. Still the deepest machine in my ground and handles bad ground really well.
To bad some doesn't make a inline target I.D meter with 0-99 scale for them. There's so many CZ's out there that they would sell for a long time to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2015 06:43PM by supertraq.
November 10, 2015 09:58PM
I would have to say my XL-PRO as it has the rare Tone I.D. Modification as not many out there anymore. I also like My Nautilus IIBa as not being made anymore and gettin' harder to find. These 2 Detector's are fun to use and put a smile on my face every time I take them for a spin. After all havin' fun is what it is all about.
November 11, 2015 12:01AM
Mike,
I agree the Tesoro Diablo µMax is a valuable vintage (not made anymore) detector and a truly great nugget shooter. The Original Diablo (non µMax) version not so much.
November 11, 2015 12:37AM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike,
> I agree the Tesoro Diablo µMax is a valuable
> vintage (not made anymore) detector and a truly
> great nugget shooter. The Original Diablo (non
> µMax) version not so much.

That's one they should bring back,market nowadays is more open to high freq.machines for relic and jewlery than it use to be.
Good for working in trash too.
And don't name it something else.