Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which one would you trade for?

Posted by treasurehunter747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which one would you trade for?
June 21, 2015 07:54PM
Hey Folks,
Like many I buy and trade detectors and that way I can trade and not really have a lot of cash into them. I think I am going to trade my Tek T2 LTD for either an Makro Racer , Fisher CZ-3D or a Nokta Fors Core neither of which I have ever had. From those here that have experience with either or all 3 , which one would you try first. I have many years of detecting experience so learning a new detector isnt a problem. The T2 is a great machine and im sure I will eventually get another to use but for now I want to try a new machine. Thanks for any information and assistance and hope all have a great day and keep on diggin!!!

Frank
Re: Which one would you trade for?
June 21, 2015 08:33PM
Racer all the way with the 5x10 and the 5" it is a great detector right up there with my deus

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 21, 2015 09:05PM
Hi Frank - I dont use a T2 however I have been using the GF2 which my testing has proved it to be the same in every respect as the original T2 and I have briefly used the Racer for around 6 hours and totally love the machine - You will find it an easy transition as the languages are similar - I have just taken possession of the Fors CoRe which I am chomping at the bit to use however its freezing here at the moment so UI havent been able to take it outside - Brrrrrrrr

I honestly think you cannot go wrong with either of your choices however I at this stage am a little partial to the Turkish machines
June 21, 2015 10:12PM
Rustic what kind of temperatures are you having now? It been in the mid 90's here for the last week and a half and that is going to continue for the next couple weeks. And thanks to all who have given information thus far. I have been leaning toward the Racer but wanted as many suggestions and information as I could get first.

Frank
June 21, 2015 10:15PM
CZ-3d all the way...... 5" coil is very good in iron with nice depth, plus it works well for saltwater beach wet sand hunting.

There is a reason the CZ platform is still a very respected detector after its introduction in 1991.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2015 10:16PM by cadman.
June 22, 2015 01:08AM
None, Id keep the t2
June 22, 2015 01:56AM
Funny how we all have our picks...I guess at the end of the day it's what you bring back with you that makes a statement about how good you are and how good your machine is in your hands...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 22, 2015 02:19AM
If you put a gun to my head and made me trade my T2 DST I would go for the CZ3D. I ain't trading my T2 for any of them though.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
June 22, 2015 04:14AM
I'd have to know what type of hunting you're planning on doing before I'd make a recommendation. Each has an advantage in certain situations.

44 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Minelab Equinox 800
XP ORX
Makro Multi Kruzer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Re: I personally wouldn,t trade
June 22, 2015 07:38PM
I have a T2 DST, an F-19 and an Omega and I don't plan on getting rid of any of them. These three detectors complement each other very well for my style of detecting in my soil. I mainly hunt relics and occasionally old coins.
June 24, 2015 03:34AM
I'm with Ray, keep the T2.

Paul
June 24, 2015 08:33AM
Sorry for the late reply Frank

we had a lot of rain for a few weeks then a big freeze come in -It gets up to 4 - 6 degrees celcius during the day and minus 2 during the night - we are heading into our colder months now - ground frozen - car doors frozen shut & I am itching to take my Fors CoTe for a spin - I hope alls well with you..........
June 24, 2015 10:30AM
Correct
June 24, 2015 02:00PM
treasurehunter747
Hey Folks, Like many I buy and trade detectors and that way I can trade and not really have a lot of cash into them.
For decades I have bought, sold and traded detectors, sometimes new, sometimes gently used, just so I can learn their strengths and weaknesses. One thing to remember, however, is that you budget the time to work with and learn the goods and bads of any detector you get.

treasurehunter747
I think I am going to trade my Tek T2 LTD for either an Makro Racer, Fisher CZ-3D or a Nokta Fors Core neither of which I have ever had.
Of the three models you mentioned, I have had, and didn't care for, the CZ-3D. For me and the types of sites I hunt and results I demand, it just didn't cut it. Matter of fact, I liked it less than the CZ-5 I also had at the time for comparison.

As for the other two, I currently own, and use, both the Makro Racer and Nokta FORS CoRe. I work my Racer with only the small 'OOR' (Out-Of-Round 4.7X5.2 DD) coil mounted and the FORS with the stock 7X11 for more open area searches. One additional comment I'll add to your topic is this: I always own more than one detector, often three or four, and that way I have at least one known, learned and understood detector on-hand for comparison with any other detector I acquire. I find it is more valuable to have at least one other detector on hand that you know when you are trying to learn a new-to-you detector. Do you have any current detectors on-hand other than the T2 you're considering trading?

treasurehunter747
From those here that have experience with either or all 3, which one would you try first.
It really depends on what sites you plan to hunt, which size coils you feel you need, and how much time you'll dedicate to learning a new-to-you detector. I use my Racer the most of those two because I am usually hunting in dense trash. For open area searches, I prefer the FORS CoRe with standard coil. I consider both of these detectors versatile, and they have the same four mode options and very similar adjustment features, providing very versatile performance. I have owned two T2's, and while threy were 'OK' they didn't suit my needs. By comparison, using the stock coils of both models, I found the Nokta FORS CoRe to match or exceed the Target ID lock-on at mid-depths to deeper targets, and generally a more smooth operating, easy-to-use design.

treasurehunter747
I have many years of detecting experience so learning a new detector isnt a problem.
That's good, as long as you put in ample time, using at least 2 search coils, hunting open areas and trashy areas.

treasurehunter747
The T2 is a great machine and im sure I will eventually get another to use ...
Why? If the T2 is a "great machine" and you think you'll get another, why part with this one? Now, let me say I have done this myself, parting with a detector model I knew well and enjoyed and knew I would miss, and I am referring to the White's XLT. I sold or traded XLT's to get different makes and models to learn. Some I didn't care for and some I liked and kept them around for a while, but I knew I would again get another XLT. Meanwhile, however, I still had at least one or two other proven, reliable performers on-hand to hunt with while the XLT's were gone.

When I parted with XLT #13 I said I needed to strop doing that and I wouldn't need another XLT ... but it was my #1 "cruising unit" for Coin Hunting open grassy parks and such and as long as I was able to keep hunting parks on a regular basis, I found I wanted an XLT in my arsenal. I currently own XLT #24, but this WILL be the last one I buy because I can't hunt those sites like I used to and spend most of my time in ghost towns and old, very trashy sites.

treasurehunter747
... but for now I want to try a new machine.
So, if the T2 is that good for you and trusted, trade something else or, if you don't have a second detector, just hold out and borrow or save for a newer unit to try. Sometimes you can snag a new model, used or hardly used, for a decent price so keep an eye open for it. I was able to maneuver a new FORS Coin & Relic standard unit my way for $550, as well as a couple of other detectors that I have since sold. I haven't listed the FORS CoRe yet.

Just be sure that whatever you get to try is a logical 'fit' for the types if hunting you plan to do.

Monte
June 25, 2015 01:02PM
The detector I enjoy using the most is my heavily modified Mark 1. The Mark1 was good in parks before however with the modifications added it will get in between the junk and get you some really nice targets, and was able to get quite a bit more depth with the modifications as well. And you asked why im selling if I think its a great machine is to procure some extra cash to try a machine i havent used before. If I had my choice I would prefer to give the Fors Core a try. I like the set up and from the reviews I have read it seems to be thedet ector more suited to my style although the others may do a fine job as well. I hunt very trash laden parks, very old schools, old homesites with permission and there is a creek within 20 minutes of me that runs off of an olds gold mine, so a little prospecting as well when I get the time. Thanks Monte and the others I appreciate the feedback and useful information. Have a great day.

Frank
June 25, 2015 01:56PM
With the exception of prospecting the gold mine, have you considered a used Minelab (ETrac) for your trashy sites?