Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus, Racer, F75LTD2 compared on dime surrounded by tabs

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus, Racer, F75LTD2 compared on dime surrounded by tabs
June 22, 2015 01:00AM
I am seeing folks asked about different detectors and their ability to see coins in say pull tabs.

So here's a test with pic. The ruler is shown in the pic for scale.
Test was done on a set up concrete steps, no ferrous present period. All machines Ground Balanced to steps.
Sweeps were done in the direction of longways down the ruler direction. I was restricted in sweep directions due to the step.

Racer small OOR coil
In 3 tone gain 85 ID filter 10

Dime swept slowly would yield glints of high tone TID 75, real fast sweeps no high tone at all. Hovering coil and shaking slightly back and forth actual 82/83s in the screen with a pretty good tone. Removing the dime no high tone noted on any sweeps TID reading of 56. Dime by itself reads 84.

F75LTD2 with small coil 4 tone (used 0 disc and higher levels of disc sens levels 80 and 90).
In Bp mode one big target with one tone TID 50, no alerting me to a high conductor at all.
In Je mode, same as Bp mode
In FA mode, with slow sweeps every now and then a high would be produced as the coil trailed away from the dime, not very regular--- very sporadic
In hovering the coil with small shakes, ugly high tone mixed with lower tones heard, window of detection far more critical hoverwise than Racer.
With slow methodical sweeps a super high majority of time no alerting me to high conductor, or even an alerting me to more than one nonferrous item.
Dime alone read 71. Tabs in their positions swept without dime read 50.
btw highere levels of disc yielded no better resuls, same with different sensitivity.

Dues factory Deus fast, 9" coil
Reactivity 3 silencer -1 I could tell more than 1 target was present, consistent TID of 75, Reactivity 4 even more so of showing more than one nonferrous item,

Deus with 11" coil
Reactvity 4 seemed to almost yield the same results as the 9" coil reactivity 3 setting. Still harder to tell more than 1 nonferrous target was present vs 9" coil

Tab arrangement without dime read 56, dime alone read 91.

My summary, in this test both the Deus and Racer both told me something else was present possibly a high conductor coin.
F75LTD2 scored the lowest on this particular test. The only real reliable way to know the dime was there was a hover over X marks the spot.

This test was done for gee wiz, and maybe answer a few folks questions, not bashing any detector. They are all good and all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2015 01:03AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Deus, Racer, F75LTD2 compared on dime surrounded by tabs
June 22, 2015 01:54AM
My true feeling is when you add dirt this test could change and when it is dirt that has not been moved around it can change even more. When you dig a target sometimes the rust gets moved around and opens pockets so other targets come alive....but since I have both the racer and the deus I think I am in the loop. Sometimes you just have to dig it to know what is hiding from you. Sometimes you just have to find out what is mixed in with the iron tone when you hear them together. I have found many targets that are keepers that way...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 22, 2015 02:14AM
I love them crazy signals. I dig em. And how many times is a pulltab not a pulltab? I know it happens to me all the time.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
June 22, 2015 02:50AM
tnss try that same test with 8 k. thats what i use around park pavillions and pull dimes out of tabs and caps with 3 or 4 reactivity, 9" coil. cant wait for small coil
June 22, 2015 02:58AM
I think most folks would be fudging the truth if they said they haven't cherry picked or dismissed targets/signals for one reason or another depending on the site. Little exercises like the one I did, sure it isn't fool proof say when hunting in the field based on the outcome of this exercise, but it does give important clues. Any clue is always better than none at all.

As far as the Deus in this test, the TID numbers on the tab arrangement was 65/66, with dime in the mix 75 vdi. And a different nuanced tone presented with dime in the mix. A person can always set say parameters of how low a VDI target they are willing to dig when hunting areas with large amounts of tabs and can slaw. From my exercise I see 75 as my bottom line using the 18khz freq. As long as no iron tone is heard.

The Racer with small coil. The exercise showed me if you get a mid tone with a squawk of high tone, you'd better start shortening your sweeps and slow your sweep-- doing this you may in fact home in on the goodie and get better tone and TID numbers.
June 22, 2015 04:11AM
I've been pulling coins out from among the tabs and bottle caps with my Racer and 5" coil by running the gain at 1 and the disc (filter) at 23. The lower gain helps to keep the detector from picking up adjacent targets. Of course this only works for newer coins within about 4" of the surface.
June 22, 2015 04:51AM
You can set the gain very low and hunt that way in trash and or iron

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 24, 2015 09:50PM
Yep....Sensitivity settings make a difference. Probably the hardest control to learn to use on a detector. That scenario is a perfect place to turn it down.

HH
Mike