Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A Modest Proposal

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A Modest Proposal
June 27, 2015 04:24PM
If you are interested enough to share your thoughts, experience, opinions, data with us here, I suggest that you OWN what you post.

My signature line has my right name and location. I only use the "handle" Lytle78 because I started out that way on the forums a number of years ago and don't want to back away from anything I have posted.

I suspect a lot of folks would be a bit more careful with what they write if their name was on it.

My opinion only, of course, but it is My opinion - you can quote me!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: A Modest Proposal
June 27, 2015 05:06PM
Hey Rick! I know where you live. LOL
I'm all the way over here in Mesa.
June 27, 2015 05:43PM
I always try to be as fair, unbiased, AND truthful in my posts. My opinions are just that, MY opinions. As for my identity, I try to keep personal information as private as I can as there are scammers and thieves that can use this information.

I guess what you are asking is that people take responsibility for their posts. I couldn't agree more. In fact, I think it is one of the major things wrong with America these days is the lack of "personal accountable responsibility". There is too much blame and not enough "adults" that step up and be accountable for their actions. I own up to my posts. If I make a mistake, I will admit it. Admitting you are wrong, WHEN you are wrong, is the first step of maturity.

Bey
tw-3 mins
June 27, 2015 05:54PM
I guess you could check back 10 years plus and see Dan-Pa. Opinions are like anal cavities we all have one so do read all with a grain of salt.
I will say to prevent locals from fishing in my favorite fishing hole I sometimes leave out names, places etc. lest I have company the next time I swing...
June 27, 2015 06:25PM
My name is Ray, thats about all I feel like posting, not because of cowardice, but you see someone like go-rebels post a youtube video of the guvnor, with his name and address, and trying to destroy the mans business. Now I like to keep my business seperate from what I post here. And I dont really want to go to court and sue some jerk for slander. Those that need to know my full name, do, and Im sure its easy enough to find out and post here, if someone is bored enough to research. One thing I try to always do is be honest, and be myself. I dont makeup some internet persona. Ray
June 27, 2015 07:16PM
I think it really is no one's bussiness what name we use, after a few dozen posts people can feel if a poster is genuine. hh
plus I beleive it is not wise to give info over the internet, even though info is easy to get.
June 27, 2015 07:32PM
Why would you feel what I have to say is any less important? Im not trying to gain a rep..... just sharing info.... not my watering hole. Ive got to many visitors now to suit me.
June 27, 2015 07:40PM
Not much good can come from it....example, what Ray said.
June 27, 2015 07:51PM
Seems like kind of an odd proposal.------However---I almost always end my posts (or responses) with my name--which is "Del"-----Some don't choose to do that & that's ok to (IMO).-----As to location---that's on my Forum name D&P-OR (Oregon).-----If it's my hunt site location(s)----you are wanting---you (or anyone) isn't getting that info---man, I've got more competition than I can handle now! winking smiley---------------DEL
June 27, 2015 07:55PM
Too hot! Think we all are getting the summertime blues, lol. Im going to TRY to do what my Grandma always told me.."if you dont have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut" . Wish me luck, lol.
June 27, 2015 08:52PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too hot! Think we all are getting the summertime
> blues, lol. Im going to TRY to do what my Grandma
> always told me.."if you dont have something nice
> to say, keep your mouth shut" . Wish me luck, lol.

That's what my Father-in-law used to tell my wife & siblings when they were growing up Ray---"if you can't say something nice to/about a person--don"t say anything at all"------He was an old pro boxer from the old days that fought out of Idaho & had an excellent pro record--people would come from miles around to see him fight.---He also had 296 amateur fights & lost one before turning pro.-------He was the nicest guy you could ever meet---think I will try following his advice!smiling smiley---------Del
June 27, 2015 09:11PM
Safety first.

I remember a guy by the name of BARKER on Findmall that used to have a short fuse on Keithline's Views forum. He threatened to kill me and my family if he ever found where I lived. He was that upset that I didn't see things the way he saw them.

Sometimes holding some of your cards close to your vest is the best option.
June 27, 2015 09:18PM
Rich, I respect and understand where you are coming from, but there are just too many nutjobs on the web (including my ex! )to use my real name. Besides, it would be a violation of my witness protection program agreement to do so.
June 28, 2015 12:02AM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Safety first.
>
> I remember a guy by the name of BARKER on Findmall
> that used to have a short fuse on Keithline's
> Views forum. He threatened to kill me and my
> family if he ever found where I lived. He was
> that upset that I didn't see things the way he saw
> them.
>
> Sometimes holding some of your cards close to your
> vest is the best option.

I kind of remember that poster, no excuse for threats though I do recall he was going through a lot of family problems with health etc. I don't think he was as bad as he was made out to be but may be wrong, not the first time. I think for sure he was taking heavy pain killers for his problem back.
June 28, 2015 08:30AM
While no one likes keyboard comandos, I don't think it's wise to put your name out there. It could come back to bite you in the butt one day for something that seems innocuous at the time. I could use my brother and his ex during their divorce as an example but we won't get into that here.

The written (or typed) word can be twisted to mean almost anything especially if there's a greedy dirtbag lawyer willing to do so. JMO

HH
John
June 28, 2015 05:40PM
I don't give out my info anymore my first name means nothing but no address or last name and sometimes I have to say what is on my mind I have to just tame it down and water it down a whole lot...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 28, 2015 05:53PM
My name is Will. You can probably guess where I'm located. Even being anonymous online I still feel accountable for what I post. I wouldn't want to ruin my good name.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
June 29, 2015 12:08AM
There is a long time poster on Ebay his ex always chimes in once in awhile bit funny at times. Talking of security risks a lot of info gets posted on facebook people have too much time on there hands, like we care what they had for lunch sheesh lemmings.

correction their

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 12:09AM by guvmore.