Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D...Tom...care to comment?

Posted by JeffNS 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D...Tom...care to comment?
August 09, 2010 10:54PM
There's a brand spanking new CZ5 up for sale on Ebay right now. The seller makes reference to a quotation made in reference to the CZ3D

"The CZ-5 in my opinion was the BEST of the CZ Series. Before Fisher was sold to First Texas, they re-badged the CZ-5 into the CZ-3D and Monkey'd with the software changing some of the calibration and this resulted in a step back-wards and problems with Nickel ID.... NOT with the CZ-5 a better thought out detector from the mind of Dave Johnson, leading project engineer."

What's your take on this Tom?
Re: CZ3D...Tom...care to comment?
August 10, 2010 01:48AM
MY CZ loved nickels and I was better for me in Calif then the CZ5 but to each his own

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 10, 2010 02:57AM
Um, considering Tom invented the 3D...I think you should already know what his comments on this question will be.
And by the way...my 3D is my favorite of all my machines.
Aaron
August 10, 2010 10:39AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Um, considering Tom invented the 3D...I think you
> should already know what his comments on this
> question will be.
> And by the way...my 3D is my favorite of all my
> machines.
> Aaron

Perhaps you're right Aaron but Tom has proven himself to be quite an objective individual. If there was a in issue with a 'properly' tuned 3D IDng nickels he'd be honest about it. I just think it's funny that unqualified individuals such as the seller of this CZ5 make some of the comments that they do. Not surprised though...after all...he's trying to sell a CZ5 not a CZ3D...if he sells a CZ3D I'm sure he'll do nothing but tout how much more advanced it is.

The bidding action on the CZ5 does go to show how well respected the CZ platform is though. I'm certainly not unhappy with my decision to purchase a used 3D.
August 10, 2010 11:55AM
Jeff,

Remember that this was this guys opinion. Shoot, my opinion is the CZ6a was their best, but there are certain things like not having a speaker and a being a fully splash proof unit makes me feel that way. I also feel that the 3D is better in older sites due to it being able to ID high tone on certain coins and targets where as the other CZ's may ID as mid tone. If you are hunting an older site and dig both high and mid tones, then there is no advantage ( assuming both machines are the same depth wise). The 3D in enhanced mode does bring these targets into the high tone range where a hunter does not have to worry about missing some targets that may have ID'd as mid tone on the others.

Also, the additional 4th tone helps, but for me it does not matter since I beach hunt with my 6a and dig almost everything, so I don't have to have that 4th tone.

Like I told you, the ONLY reason I sold my 3D is because I could not use it's strengths to my advantage.

Point is, that was one person's opinion, and that person is also trying to sell that detector !

JC
August 11, 2010 11:35PM
True, true true. But......he MIGHT have had a bad experience with a improperly calibrated 3D.......justifying his cause for this statement. Chances are.....he's just trying to sell his unit.
August 12, 2010 03:19PM
That is taking a shot at Nasa Tom why would you trust this guy.....IT is true that tkhe CZ3 has had some problems in the last few years but the way Tom had it calabrated it was and still is a killer machine.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 12, 2010 07:03PM
I have had a lot of cz's. The hottest one I had was an original first run CZ-3D. The smoothest one I had was a CZ-70 pro. The best one I had in iron trash was the CZ-5. I don't know maybe it was the luck of the draw but that's how it worked out for me. And as far as the CZ-5 on ebay remember guy's this is a brand new machine in the box from los banos. That alone make's it highly disirable to die hard cz guy's like some of us! And lastly as stated on anouther forum I have nothing to do with the sale of that machine. It's just one guy's humble opinion.
August 13, 2010 12:41AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is taking a shot at Nasa Tom why would you
> trust this guy.....IT is true that tkhe CZ3 has
> had some problems in the last few years but the
> way Tom had it calabrated it was and still is a
> killer machine.

I'm not taking shots at anybody...and I don't trust or mis-trust the seller of this machine. I had simply noticed his 'opinion' and posted it here. It's quite possible this invidual was referring to some of the issues Fisher experienced with some of the mexican tuned machines.