Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....Made by DETEKNIX

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....Made by DETEKNIX
August 11, 2015 09:18PM
The fortune cookie.
August 11, 2015 09:31PM
I call it AC/DC....... Another Chinese Detector Crapola
August 12, 2015 12:50AM
Hombre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I call it AC/DC....... Another Chinese Detector
> Crapola

What a nice compliment Randy!----That means you WILL be getting one ASAP!!!! Yeehaw!! winking smiley
August 12, 2015 01:25AM
Funny schit on THIS page! grinning smiley
August 12, 2015 06:20AM
Hombre Wrote:
> I call it AC/DC....... Another Chinese Detector
> Crapola

American Corporations Dont Care - as long as their brand name is projected as being made in the USA
August 15, 2015 12:11AM
From UK forum:

"Theres always somebody has to keep digging and making Negative comments which of course they are perfectly entitled to, lol. Jason the chinese owner of Deteknix speaks very good English, where the chinese slip up as a rule is in their written English, I met him in Los Angeles a few months ago and spent a couple of days with him at his Office and new facility. The guy is only 33 and a family man with three kids. To say he has a brilliant brain on him is an understatement. I was amazed at what he has in the pipeline and his brain for the future regarding detecting equipment..........................As the UK distributor for all Deteknix equipment selling on the MDF Auction here knowing the detecting scene much better than he does Jason has asked me to do all the translating in the future so that we don't get the Inevitable Pigeon English in Manuals, press releases, advertising etc so it will be down to me in future to not make cock ups................by Tony Hunt, July 2015"

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 15, 2015 02:20PM
I understand the stigma "Made in China" products has had and still has here in the states. But it wasn't long ago the "Made in Japan" products had the same issues. I'm no expert but it seems to me that the US and other Countries have exploited the cheap labor of China to produce cheap merchandise to sell under US company names. China builds products to the specifications given to them. If manufacturers asked China to build quality products then they would do so. China can build super high quality products if asked. I can not imagine how hard it would be to produce products with the pressure of the "Make it cheaper" mentality.
I used to plumb new houses. The builders would keep asking me to reduce the costs. I was plumbing by the code. I used copper piping, Moen faucets, shut off valves at every fixture. I even snapped chalk lines to make sure all my plumbing ran strait. I did reduce my costs by eating labor but still doing quality work by code. Then there came a time when I needed to start using sub par materials just to turn a profit. So I simply just quit plumbing new homes.
I'm sure there are a lot of China business owners that take pride in their work building ultra high quality products. Recently a Turkey company did just that and kept the price reasonable. So I'm keeping an open mind with this new detector. Sure, I wish this new machine design had a Tesoro, Whites or Garrett badge on it. If nothing else these new players to the market should get the US detector manufacturers off their butt.
PS: I remember when Toyota's were said to be a 40,000 throw away car when they first came to the US. I can also remember when you reached the 100,000 mile mark on your US vehicle it was about shot. Now we frequently put 200,000 to 300,000+ miles on our US cars all thanks to Toyota, Nissan, Honda etc.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
August 15, 2015 03:41PM
Kenny........ well said.
Seems the DETEKNIX has Materialized
August 15, 2015 06:51PM

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 15, 2015 07:04PM
Is that YOURS Keith??
August 15, 2015 07:04PM
Keith, I'm sure a detector test is forthcoming. I like the wireless headphone thing.
August 16, 2015 06:52PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Is that YOURS Keith??

No not mine Wayne..

I snagged the pic off a European Website..

But I was impressed that it was actually built and seems to look like the mock up one..

Notice the Coil connector is different in this one Vs the simulated one...but it also does seem to be a Bulk Head type fitting for the waterproof design..

The housing is more robust and thicker that the early pics hinted at also..

Now if its got some technology under the hood and the price point is right...could be a Nice unit ..

Heres a thought...What if its say as good as a AT-PRO in performance but cost 200.00 less with better ergonomics?? ..

you never know Now a days!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 16, 2015 07:55PM

Keith Southern Wrote:

No not mine Wayne..

I snagged the pic off a European Website..

But I was impressed that it was actually built and seems to look like the mock up one.. Notice the Coil connector is different in this one Vs the simulated one...but it also does seem to be a Bulk Head type fitting for the waterproof design..

The housing is more robust and thicker that the early pics hinted at also..

Now if its got some technology under the hood and the price point is right...could be a Nice unit

Heres a thought...What if its say as good as a AT-PRO in performance but cost 200.00 less with better ergonomics?? you never know Now a days!

Keith

Yes - it IS starting to look a bit more impressive with that bulkhead type connector for water hunting.

If as you say = it has some umph! under the hood in the AT's range for a bit less with better ergonomics I'll have one in a heart beat ;-)

I need an all arounder type machine like that --- one that is waterproof and that will take a beating/stand up against the elements -- UNlike the AT's with their leaking issues thumbs up

I won't stick my CTX in the water and the SurfMaster II isn't an all arounder type machine = it's great for diving or beach/surf hunting but I need a lake/river/stream type machine that has some separation abilities/recovery speed, 2 or 3 tones and is tough!