Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ill be in Florida In a few weeks

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ill be in Florida In a few weeks
September 09, 2015 11:09PM
Vacationing on the beach...

Ill be Beach hunting mostly..Maybe some Woods relic hunting if i can obtain permission..

the cool thing about this site is theres a french Fort site on the beach from 1717..

Historical Marker reads

"FORT CREVECOEUR / FORT CREVECOEUR ABANDONED

Description: Side 1: In 1717, on this site, the French began erecting Fort Crevecoeur within Spanish domain. On February 8, 1718, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne de Bienville, acting Governor of Louisiana, dispatched his brother, Lemoyne de Chateague, to complete this Fort. By May 12, the French occupied St. Joseph's Bay. Chateague reported to Bienville completion, on the mainland, opposite St. Joseph Point, the stockaded Fort Crevecoeur with four bastions and garrisoned. Simultaneously Juan Pedro Matamoros de Ysla, Governor of Spanish Florida, at Pensacola, indignantly protested this usurpation as St. Joseph's Bay belonged to Spain by earlier discovery and previous settlement. Side 2: The French Colonial Council, with unanimous discretion decided to burn Fort Crevecoeur and abandon St. Joseph's Bay. On August 20, Spanish Captain, Joseph Primo De Rivera, reported to the Spanish Governorship, at St. Augustine, the French had retired from their invasion. Whereupon Rivera was ordered to command St. Joseph's Bay. By March 10, 1719, Don Gregorio de Salinas Varona had been transferred to the Spanish Governorship of St. Joseph's Bay."

I enjoy hunting this beach never Know what will pop Up...

Ill get to see how the Racer and CoRe do on the beach here ...

Anyone live close to this area...???

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Ill be in Florida In a few weeks
September 10, 2015 01:54AM
Good luckthumbs down

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 10, 2015 02:19PM
Looks fun = wish I could go with!

Hope ya find a big fat spanish GOLD piece Keith ;-)

HH
September 10, 2015 03:18PM
Good luck and be sure to check in.
September 10, 2015 03:53PM
Better look Dew up while you're done there---he'll show ya the ropes.------Bryce made a trip down there a few years ago and they hunted together---looked like they had fun.
September 10, 2015 05:48PM
Nothing on this side of the island old except the people. I did get the privilege of hunting with Bryce and one of his hunting buddies. I think they enjoyed venice beach as did his dog. He didnt get any gold but did get to dunk his new CZ. Looks like a chance to test the seals on that CTX..... on the bright side if it leaks Kelleyco is close.
September 10, 2015 06:17PM
I'LL be in the panhandle....

right out in front of that sign on the beach back in the 80's I dug a large gold Crucifix..

It was large and crude looking by today's standards..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2015 06:46PM by Keith Southern.
September 10, 2015 11:10PM
I would love to be walking the sand for a couple weeks with ya Keith.....have a blast and hope you kick up some Spanish silver.
September 11, 2015 01:32AM
Look forward to seeing your finds....
September 11, 2015 04:10PM
Hi Keith....We are going to Florida today...Gonna try out new at pro and g2 on the beach in the Treasure Island Area....

HH

Jim
September 11, 2015 04:36PM
Keith,
Despite a lot of elders there no one's 'asleep at the wheel' around Florida's beaches!
I'll be surprised if you find anything "historic" at all!
I lived on the Gulf Coast right on the beach for 6 years. There's loads of competition to contend with.
But, do enjoy yourself! I'd love a trip back soon?
Treat yourself to a few great dinners...I'd recommend highly you visit a "Bonefish Grill"
September 11, 2015 11:47PM
Keith, I have got to ask.... Which detectors are you taking with you?

Tom in SC
September 12, 2015 11:34AM
Is that who those other people are out there Des...... now i know why im not getting any gold lol. Where were you if i might ask Des? Im in the Venice area.... so pretty good beach line from CWB to Ft Meyers. I always get a chuckle when someone starts talking to me about a beach and wanting to get a detector because that beach has never been detected. To me there are a lot more beaches that never produce..... because they are detected. Looking forward to some good finds Keith. If you happen to get to CWB......... try POST CORNER..... best Greek food around.

Dew
September 12, 2015 06:08PM
Hope you find lots of goodies with that Nokta Core!! winking smiley
September 13, 2015 11:35AM
Good luck.... Sounds like fun to me
September 13, 2015 02:41PM
From previous experience bet the area has been hunted to death...on the other hand always more to be found especially with someone with your abilities...
Good luck and keep us informed....
September 13, 2015 05:58PM
Ozzie that would be a great time Im sure, Hunting together for awhile on the beach..Il still probably slide into the woods before its over with...LOL..

Sharpshooter ...I may do a daily update..maybe do some videos if I the surf is not too loud showing the CoRe and Racer in the Beach modes..

Sargoguy...I hope and wish you all the best on a GREAT find out of Florida...Let us Know !!

Des..Great absolute Info, and yes Im not expecting to find Blackbeards treasure chest ,,maybe a Gold plated ring will suffice!!LOL.
I've heard of the Bonefish grills but never been....I will look one up while there...I'll even eat a half dozen Shrimp for ya!!..Thanks for the Tip!!!
Hope you get a chance to return one day...

Tman..Ill probably go with the CTX and Turkey's...Maybe infinium in the mix...Not sure quite yet....My space is limited...Extra friends going so the rear most backseat in the Pathfinder will have to be in use..I loose alot of space like that....Ill see what i can cram in there...Mainly I want to test the Turkeys on the saltwater though to be honest...I know how the others do...from prior experience...

Dewcon Ill be staying to the West of Apalachicola ...but If I ever get to the South West area of Florida I'll keep that spot in mind..Thank's

Detectorist...I'll definately use the Membrane CoRe on the beach...!!! Thank's for the encouragement!!

Ziggy ...Thanks!

Dan ....Yes we Know its hunted hard...thanks for the kind words....maybe some GOOD LUCK will be the order of the day ...Thanks again

Lawrenzo....Thanks!!!

Wayne...Come on down!!! HMM Big fat Spanish Gold Coin.... Ill take one of those!!!!

Doc...Ill try to stay posted....

Del...Dew seems to be way SOuth fo where Ill be..Thanks for mentioning it though..

Thanks for all the comments fella's..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 17, 2015 11:16AM
Im headed up to Nags Head the middle of next week to try a little pirating and those Spanky fried pickles. You motivated me to do a road trip Keith....... i sure wont be missing much here right now. GL ..... hope you pull something interesting. Most folks dont relic hunt there id bet so they are just looking for high conductors. Never know what may have been over looked.

Dew
September 17, 2015 06:14PM
Have a great time Keith. Hope you find alot of 1717's period relics. Have a great time and enjoy the trip. Kevin
September 19, 2015 04:31AM
Hell, who cares about the detecting! Bikinis bro!
September 19, 2015 09:47AM
Bikinis.......... its kind of like looking at RVs here in Fl, after awhile most start looking the same.......with a few exceptions. (good and BAD)
September 23, 2015 02:28AM
Just got back from Treasure Island..Unfortunately no treasure...I used my new at pro and was very impressed ...It was quiet as a mouse whether on wet sand or totally submerged. Any gold find is good find...HH Jim
September 23, 2015 03:13AM
C'mon man.....I'm stuck in Wisconsin!smiling smiley