Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

impact detector????????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
impact detector????????
September 16, 2015 09:41AM
Any talk about the makro Impact. Ay one time there was talk about one coming out. just curious
Re: impact detector????????
September 16, 2015 12:51PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any talk about the makro Impact. Ay one time
> there was talk about one coming out. just curious

Correction. Nokta Impact, not Makro. It is an ongoing project.
September 16, 2015 03:37PM
I think the impact is just a add on to the racer. I have my racer dialed in where I don't need anymore added to it I like it the way it is..but maybe a new flagship don't follow the USA how they just keep adding and not try and move forward on something different

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 16, 2015 04:20PM
I am very interested in the Nokta Impact.

Bey
September 16, 2015 04:47PM
I am wondering if the impact is more of a coin unit than relic. From what I have read the upper number on the racer are very close. Please correct me if I am wrong. Like the safari compared to the E trac the quarter reading on the safari is almost where the dime reading is. Not so with the E trac....thanks
September 17, 2015 12:01AM
I'm another that is interested in the 'Impact'.....I'm a big fan of iron audio so this would be a major feature I'd want....also if the '82' reading could be spread out....

I'm really looking forward to this one....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2015 02:08AM by canslawhero.
September 17, 2015 12:10AM
Sonny the Racer is one hell of a coin hunter. Probably the best coin machine I've ever had my hands on bar none, the CoRe also. The 82 TID you speak of is discerned nicely with the superb audio. However if you don't embrace the audio you will dig stuff/trash around that readout. Headphones are a must to hear the differences. The nuances of these machines is the cat's meow!
September 17, 2015 12:27AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Sonny the Racer is one hell of a coin hunter.
> Probably the best coin machine I've ever had my
> hands on bar none, the CoRe also. The 82 TID you
> speak of is discerned nicely with the superb
> audio. However if you don't embrace the audio you
> will dig stuff/trash around that readout.
> Headphones are a must to hear the differences. The
> nuances of these machines is the cat's meow!

Jack----How broad of a range is the 82 TID?------What good targets (coins) can one expect to dig in this (82) range?
September 17, 2015 12:50AM
There ya go = straight from the horse's mouth = "an on going project"...

Wouldn't hold my breath on seeing it any time soon...
wjs
September 17, 2015 01:34AM

What good targets (coins) can one expect to dig in this (82) range?

None.............smiling smiley Unless you consider zinc pennies good targets. You could possibly get a small silver ring.
September 17, 2015 02:48AM
sometimes deep nickels will hit an 82 every other pass.
September 17, 2015 02:53AM
I believe it will have a Great IMPACT!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 17, 2015 04:05AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I believe it will have a Great IMPACT!!
>
> Keith

whaa whaa WHAAAAAAA lol
September 17, 2015 09:06AM
Del I wouldn't even worry about digging 82 with the machine per you won't miss any good coins. However I like diggin all coins lol. I do in certain settings pass that up if it's not trashy. If it's trashy I let the ears do my dig/not dig decision. These machines find good stuff in such extremely trashy places and will blend until you get the target out in a plug or rather you'll see the TID popping in and out as the coil moves across the ground amongst the numbers. I would feel assured I'm really not missing much not digging that number. Keep in mind most all machines won't even function in these places I'm talking about.
September 17, 2015 12:56PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I believe it will have a Great IMPACT!!
>
> Keith

That is the goal Keith, that is why I personally named it Impact...but of course our valued customers will be the judge for that.
September 17, 2015 01:37PM
I'll be looking forward to next spring when hopefully both the Impact and Tek 8500 units will be out...Hopefully Keith will do a comparison.
It will be very interesting to see how these 2 can advance our game...especially in the 'bang for the buck' case...
September 17, 2015 04:41PM
I got a seated half dime @ 82, and some deeper V and buffalo nickels.
September 17, 2015 05:56PM
^^^ That is what I was thinking as well. The ID is just not good enough to trust in locations where the coins are deeper. I feel this is the reason you see so many people only posting modern coins or the shallower older coin with the Racer. They are only digging those higer numbers that lock on and leaving the rest behind. I dug some deeper copper memorial cents from the 1960s and 70s that read everywhere from the 60s to low 80s in VDI numbers, depending on the sweep direction and this was in pretty decent soil for around here. I've seen enough to know it would be risky business of only digging higher locking 80s numbers....especially in pursuit of older/deeper coins. When you throw iron trash in the mix, the numbers are skewed even more. I'm finding my best tactic to be to more the less use the machine as a beep/dig machine. Set the disc to knock out small iron and dig the rest. For pulling non ferrous items from iron, I don't think I've quite seen anything like it with the small coils. It is a treat to get a small tight repeatable signal that gives numbers that MIGHT occasionally hit in the 80 range...then cut a relatively good size plug and the target still be in the hole, and then out rolls a green disc with the next shovel full.
September 17, 2015 06:10PM
Personally I don't feel the Racer TID is accurate enough to use as a deep TID machine. For relic hunting it's not really an issue, because you're mostly digging anything non-ferrous, but for a deep coin shooter, it's not there yet, unless you're using it as a clean-up machine.
September 17, 2015 08:54PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Personally I don't feel the Racer TID is accurate
> enough to use as a deep TID machine. For relic
> hunting it's not really an issue, because you're
> mostly digging anything non-ferrous, but for a
> deep coin shooter, it's not there yet, unless
> you're using it as a clean-up machine.

Finally
The very reason I do not own one.

Come on Impact.
September 17, 2015 11:16PM
The racer is as good as or better than any single freq machine I've used in terms of TID accuracy at depth, in fact falling off at the brink of detection depth. TID can get a little screwy in target rich sites, but if the the tone is good and and the ID of whatever target your after flashes...dig it trust me. Tones are king, but here in my dirt TID accuracy is solid especially on deep isolated targets. It's not an FBS, but FAR better than the most of the whites I've owned; xlt, mxt, V3i, Vx3. All a crapshoot past the 6" mark. The old blue and grey pro would lock on a .58 pretty dang good, better than theyre modern units. The racer TID is much better than the deus, I've compared them on the same targets before digging. A Yankee camp we hunt has lots of slightly larger camp lead that sounds good. A buddy who's dang good w/the XP kept calling me over on targets saying he had a .58. Sometimes he did, and the low 80's TID'S agreed. Half the time the TID'S were in the 70's and I was accurately able to say "it's camp lead".

Just my experience. An FBS unit is the only thing I've really found any better. Hear the omega fairs pretty well but I e got limited use on it. I've nearly worn out the grip on the racer this summer. It's GREAT on old sites but certainly decent at coinshooting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2015 11:38PM by deadlift.
September 17, 2015 11:49PM
canslawhero
I'm another that is interested in the 'Impact'..
I am, also, and I hope the Nokta Impact shares the same frequency and search coils as the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Gold.

canslawhero
I'm a big fan of iron audio so this would be a major feature I'd want.
"Iron Audio" is simply a feature where you can hear a lower 'Tone' for Iron targets (most of them), and is found on models like the Teknetics T2 and Omega, White's MXT Pro, and the Makro Racer.

What I want is assignable 'VOLUME' such as found on the Teknetics Euro-Tek Pro, Fisher F19, and Teknetics G2+ (an F19 clone, so to speak). Some models have, or are scheduled/advertised to have, adjustable 'Tone' and/or 'VOLUME' by Discriminate/Notch Segments, and that would be an additionally handy feature to have.

canslawhero
...also if the '82' reading could be spread out.
Some brands, such as the Tesoro DeLeón and Cortés have way too many favorable targets crammed into a very small TID/VDI numeric range. The Makro Racer and Nokta FORS CoRe seem to have a very similar, broader numeric registry, and personally I think it is functional as it is. All too often a 'hobbyist,' which is what I refer to as a "Traditional Coin Hunter," seems to put too much faith into the visual display read-out and almost demands a perfect, spot-on reading to make a 'dig' decision.

A more experienced and savvy hunter, who I refer to as an 'Avid Detectorist,' tends to realize that there can be sufficient visual information and a quick glance at the display gives them a 'hint' of what they are about to recover. They also realize that there are far too many variables involved that can cause a visual Target ID read-out to be skewed higher or lower, or more erratic, than a 'perfect' target encounter.

It could be the target's depth, position, relationship to any nearby metal target (ferrous or non-ferrous), ground mineral make-up, not to mention search coil choice sued, angler of approach, detector the coil is affixed to and the settings the operator is using. Then factor is sweep speed and coil presentation off-center or directly over the target and... well, just too many variables. Besides, we seem to have more and more pieces of trash that are higher-conductive and now more-or-less duplicating a TID response from a desired target.

We have had the modern rectangular pry-tabs which read very similar to the US 5¢ coin, and now we have a similar-shaped pry-tab that produces a very solid and repeatable .... '82' on the Racer. A similar "Zinc Penny" read-out is what everyone called it who checked it out this last week on a ghost town get-together. The Makro Racer, White's M6 and MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Omega and T2, Nokta FORS CoRe, XP Deus and Minelab CTX-3030. But let's not forget, that '82' or 'Zinc Cent' reading is also where most Indian Head Cents read as well as many early Wheat-back Cents from 1909 to about 1920.

canslawhero
I'm really looking forward to this one....
I am, however, also looking forward to how Nokta is going to fashion an Impact, so far as physical packaging, frequency, and ability to share search coils, plus provide some form of Iron Audio Volume control. Until it arrives, however, the Makro Racer can continue to provide excellent results, especially in very littered old townsites, homesteads, nail infested renovation, etc., etc.

Monte
September 18, 2015 03:05PM
thanks for the detailed reply Monte....
I upgraded from the G2 to the + model a few months back and now run no disc, iron volume as low as possible and break just above foil....
works really well for me and thank goodness the settings hold across power cycles...throw in the red night lite and its a winner and well worth the upgrade....

I'm an urban hunter due to necessity but the impact could get me 're' interested in some of the older sites that I gave up on (I sold my etrac then ctx) due to lack of finds, and subsequent loss of 'fun factor'....

I think the impact could be a nice companion to the G2+ if they follow through....

cheers...canslaw
September 18, 2015 05:08PM
Monte Wrote:
>
> What I want is assignable 'VOLUME' such as found
> on the Teknetics Euro-Tek Pro, Fisher F19, and
> Teknetics G2+ (an F19 clone, so to speak). Some
> models have, or are scheduled/advertised to have,
> adjustable 'Tone' and/or 'VOLUME' by
> Discriminate/Notch Segments, and that would be an
> additionally handy feature to have.
>
> Monte

I picked up a like new Euro-Tek Pro for my wife. I've been training her to use it at local tot-lots for ease of digging, and hoping she might luck into a piece of jewelry to get her exciting about the hobby smiling smiley

I have to admit that I'm impressed with the Euro-Tek Pro, for the money you get a lot of features. It's simplicity (something I wanted for my wife) is brilliant. The adjustable iron volume is a great feature, would've loved to have that feature on Monte's recent ghost town trip on my Racer. I'm also noticing that the Euro-Tek Pro with the 5" Gold Bug coil makes for a very capable micro jewelry hunter, it will definitely detect small gold earrings and chains. Once she "graduates" from the 5" coil, I'll get her going with the NEL 9.5" x 5.5" DD Sharpshooter Coil which seems to be a fan favorite for the Euro-Tek Pro.

Monte did you try the Euro-Tek Pro with the 5" DD on your nail board test? I'm sure it would pass it, but was just curious if you tested it?

Regarding the TID on the Racer, I agree that it's good enough. Perfect? No! I have thousands of hours on my F75 LTD/2, and although I believe it's TID is a bit better, I am making more, and better finds with the Racer, by not relying on the TID as much as I'm relying on it's superb audio reporting capabilities.

I'm definitely looking forward to see what Nokta/Makro bring out in the future, and I do hope that they make new machines that'll allow us to utilize our existing coils.

HH,
Brian
September 19, 2015 12:59AM
Is Kellyco going to be the only place to buy?? And , keith, do tell buddy!! Haha , can tell your dying to spill the beans.
September 19, 2015 01:28AM
deathray Wrote:
> Is Kellyco going to be the only place to buy?? And
> , keith, do tell buddy!! Haha , can tell your
> dying to spill the beans.

LET ER OUT.....LET ER OUT!!!-------WHOA, did I say that??? grinning smiley
September 19, 2015 02:46AM
I haven't found the 82 VDI to really be an issue for me. When hunting newer parks or schools, I usually ignore the 82's as they are MOST always a zinc penny or a screw cap. Neither are items that I care to retrieve. When I hunt older sites such as ghost towns, and railroad sidings, where there's a good possibility of older coins then I'm going to retrieve any and all targets that read non-ferrous. I think anyone that doesn't read the site and totally depends on a detector's meter to make their dig or not dig decision is probably missing lots of better targets. In addition to thinking about the site, People really need to learn to listen to what the detector's audio is telling them. Granted, some detectors are much better at passing the info along to the operator. The Racer has a terrific audio and an operator can really tell the difference in targets by the audio nuances (if the operator bothers to listen and learn). Good headphones can make a huge difference on some detectors and on some detectors, the best headphones won't make much difference as they just beep. I found an Indian Head on Monte's latest trip. What did it read? 82 of course. I was in the middle of a ghost town. I wasn't about to get an 82 and leave it in the ground.
September 20, 2015 08:13AM
Look forward to hear more about the Impact...... Some companies have stayed in hibernation so it's good to see Nokta producing solid machines in a relatively short period of time that's priced well.
Wonder if I will be able to find gold on my first outing like I did with the Racer.

If I recall the Impact will be in black right ?
September 22, 2015 06:37AM
Hello... below is the link to the current list of dealers in the USA. If there is any change by the time the device is launched, we will let you know:

[noktadetectors.com]
September 22, 2015 06:39AM
deathray Wrote:
> Is Kellyco going to be the only place to buy?? And
> , keith, do tell buddy!! Haha , can tell your
> dying to spill the beans.

Hello... below is the link to the current list of dealers in the USA. If there is any change by the time the device is launched, we will let you know:

[noktadetectors.com]