Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Electroscope

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Electroscope
September 21, 2015 02:16AM

Just wondered if anyone has ever tried a electroscope and if so what do you think of them? Do they work or is it a gimmick? If they do work what Brand and model would you recommend? Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 03:06AM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: Electroscope
September 21, 2015 02:35AM
It is considered a LRL or Long Range Locator. I would put it in the gag toy category and not pay over $20 for any LRL and buy it only as a odd collector item. There is an area on Treasurenet under Metal Detectors-Long Range Locators where you can be entertained for hours. Crack open a cold one and enjoy the threads. A couple of the real life detector engineers post there once in a while and spice things up.
September 21, 2015 03:33AM
LRL's are a scam, to the very last one. I've done a lot of research on them and have quite a few in my collection. My findings are here:

[www.geotech1.com]

Especially look the reports, there are a couple on the Electroscopes.
September 21, 2015 03:56AM
Kudos to you, Carl, for all you've done over the years to debunk the fraudsters selling LRLs.

Watching you and folks like Dave Johnson debate the LRL proponents on the various forums is great fun and in many ways like a classic Western...never any doubt who the good guys and the bad guys are.

The safest bet in the universe is probably you never losing your cash reward to a LRL that actually works.

There are also a few Metal Detector Dealers who also sell LRLs. I'd recommend avoiding those unethical dealers like the plague.
September 21, 2015 07:37AM
You could also build your own, Carl's website has construction projects. Then you can at least get to see for yourself, without spending more than 10 Dollars.
[www.geotech1.com]

And if you're feeling broad-minded, you could take a look at Carl's other "LRL-specific" site:
[www.longrangelocators.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 03:34PM by Pimento.
September 21, 2015 02:24PM
I picked up one on a detector package deal, well shouldn't call it a deal paid a pretty penny for it. The seller was selling a detector and included one of Kellyco mid to upper range LRL models. Always wanted to sell it but felt guilty, guess I could sell it as a collector piece.

Never tried it, has the manual and carry pouch and battery operated.

Paul
September 21, 2015 03:21PM
I always got a kick out of the fact that if you buy a LRL and are not happy with it, you can return it for a refund (less a small 20% restocking fee). So a person spends $5000, returns it and the seller keeps $1000. I'm pretty sure they only ever made one of the damn things and they just keep reselling the same one over and over.
September 21, 2015 03:24PM
The Electroscope, like all other LRLs, are great "wallet miners". They transfer wealth from the buyer to the seller and the buyer gets a pretty trinket in return.

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no point in two people remembering the same thing...
September 21, 2015 09:28PM
Thank you to everyone for the info on the electroscope. The reason I ask in the first place is I had a friend wanting one and I wanted to find out more about them before he bought one. He will be truly thankful when he knows they are a scam and he will not be out all that money. Thanks, Kevin
September 21, 2015 09:39PM
Would this work for a Guy who has the dowsing type of skill or is that a scam also? They say with Dowsing it is a skill some have and some don't? Like the guys who can take 2 rods and find water to dig a well?
September 21, 2015 09:45PM
That's how they get around the "they don't work" issue. They say you have to "be in tune with it", "your body energy has to be correct", "You must be one with it" or some other bull @#$%&. Ooops, I said a bad word. Well that's just how I feel about LRL's. Why spend thousands when you can just bend a couple of coat hangers or get a forked stick and do the same thing? No restocking fee!
September 21, 2015 11:43PM
Its either Science or it isn't. Repeatable independent testing is what differentiates scams from real science.

LRLs, dowsing, new age crystal power, benevolent aliens walking among us, and Miss Cleo are only there to take your money; or at best to entertain you. If you truly believe in any of those, please provide an actual Scientific study to keep us from laughing at you. "Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary evidence."

I suggest that every time we buy a detector or related product, that we blank out cost info and send a copy of the receipt to the scammers that sell LRLs (you know who I am talking about) and include a note telling them that we will never buy from someone who sells products solely designed to cheat intellectually challenged people.
September 22, 2015 01:47AM
I think all of these things are pure BUNK. And you will NEVER see one stay up on the classifieds, if posted. How ANY legitimate, reputable, honest dealers can sell these to customers is beyond me, and they should not be rewarded with our business, IMO.

Joe
September 22, 2015 02:10AM
I pointed my garage door opener at the ground and its red light came on. When i dug where it was pointing I found a pull-tab. I pointed the opener about two thousand yards into the distance, pressed the button and the red light lit again. I then walked to the spot where it was pointing and dug down around the area and found a coin buried several feet down. This proves my garage opener is "tuned" to the wavelength of non-ferrous metals, especially coins, and can find them very deep and up to a mile away.

I'm selling this door opener for $4,999.99.

I also have a waffle maker that locates ore bodies over a mile deep and at great distances. I pointed this waffle maker toward the east ... and the light came on ... walked that direction and thirty minutes later I arrived at a bank. It was picking up the strong gold wavelength vibrations from 15 miles away - it works! I've also pointed it south and had the red light come on .... picking up on the gold fields of Australia thousands of miles away.

This waffle maker is one powerful unit - yours for only $12,999,99.
September 22, 2015 02:11AM
Funny schit here man grinning smiley
September 22, 2015 02:24AM
Watch those last 2 guys selling stuff; they'll get you on the shipping and handling charges!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 02:24AM by Champ Ferguson.
September 22, 2015 02:25AM
Consider certain big name detector dealers that sell this type of garbage. If I know a dealer will sell me a LRL, I will have zero faith in anything else they have to tell me. Buyer beware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 02:26AM by TabWhisperer.
September 22, 2015 02:28AM
Its junk perhaps not all brands....

Saw a fellow using one and talking to him he set it for gold and showed me how to use...had me turn my back and hid a large gold ring under a bush....I started to walk and like magic it immediately swung to the right and pointed to the ring????Company name was removed so couldn't tell brand..

Years ago at a Atlantic City planted hunt we broke for lunch but one guy skipped lunch and watched where they hid the silver bar and moved it..After lunch the outfit you speak of almost went bonkers when they couldn't find as it was moved, finally the fellow told them where it was and they said their unit must be broke...

My advice save your bucks.....
September 22, 2015 02:37AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would this work for a Guy who has the dowsing type
> of skill or is that a scam also? They say with
> Dowsing it is a skill some have and some don't?
> Like the guys who can take 2 rods and find water
> to dig a well?

I've known some people that swear they can dowse and find a spot to dig a well. I tell them I can randomly walk around the same property and point out a spot and they would probably hit water on that spot too. But to each his own. Those guys that dowse usually use coat hangers or twigs. No harm no foul. But what I think of these clowns selling a glorified coat hanger or car antenna with an attached 99 cent calculator for hundreds or thousands of dollars I can't really say on this forum. Like Tom Slick said, a common scam is to charge a huge restocking fee. If someone could collect a few of those restocking fees a week they could make a pretty good living without ever really selling any units. The thing that usually hits most people after considering a LRL for a few minutes is, if these work so great why doesn't everyone have one and why is there any gold still left to be found? There are some classic funny (not meant to be) videos on youtube of a guy putting a coin under a bucket or a rock then magically finding the same coin a few minutes later and saying that is proof the LRL works. Others show a guy finding a coin in his kitchen. Hysterical.
September 22, 2015 03:04PM
fwiw, I had a professor show once show the class how to manipulate dowsing coat hangers without anyone being able to see you doing it.
and yes, as a geologist, I can testify that there is water literally everywhere under the ground. all that is debatable is how shallow it gets. (hint to dowsers: shallower in florida than in nevada)
September 22, 2015 06:25PM
I never really looked into these, and always figured they were BS. Now after reading the dissection notes from Carl Moreland, I see these are even more BS then I ever imagined (seriously who would pay $1K + for one of these?!?).

Snake Oil comes to mind drinking smiley