Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Guess the detector ??

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Guess the detector ??
October 09, 2015 10:07PM
[youtu.be]

I think it could be tricky unless you do your homework :0)
Re: Guess the detector ??
October 09, 2015 10:16PM
Detech?....what do I win?
October 09, 2015 10:43PM
A bag of monkey nuts..... Also I will throw in my wet socks from my last dig.... That's if your the lucky winner thumbs down
October 09, 2015 11:03PM
Detech EDS REACHER 28 Khz ...12x12 coil..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 10, 2015 02:15AM
Well again and again no dirt just air

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 10, 2015 06:44AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well again and again no dirt just air

Just of fun buddy, nothing serious......It's interesting to see what machine people think it is.
October 10, 2015 11:57AM
Ziggy Wrote:
> A bag of monkey nuts..... Also I will throw in my
> wet socks from my last dig.... That's if your the
> lucky winner thumbs down

Generous feller you are....I'd rather see the film of when you try to harvest the monkey's jewels.
October 10, 2015 06:35PM
This makes me wonder what the optimum coil size is for a medieval cut halfpenny. I feel that it's no more than 8 inches. Pretty tricky to determine, thanks to the shape.

O/T: "Monkey nuts" is what we in the U.K colloquially call peanuts/groundnuts. Do you use the expression in the U.S?
October 10, 2015 09:50PM
Ha, no we don't use that expression here.......you call peanuts monkeys nuts? Ha, ha, thinking about it, Ziggy is from the UK. correct?

Keith, you got me beat with the details, lol.
October 11, 2015 07:22AM
A bag of monkey nuts:
[www.agafoodhall.com]

Back on-topic: One of the 'difficult' targets we in the U.K search for are medieval cut quarter pennies, which are whole round pennies cut into four. They measure 9mm on the long edges. I found that a reasonable 'dummy' substitute for this coin can be made. Cut a square 7.5mm x 7.5mm from an aluminium drinks can, use the thinner metal halfway up the can sidewall. 'best-detected' frequency for these fellows is about 25KHz so the higher freq rigs 18KHz+ etc tend to do best at finding them.

Based on this, a 'dummy' cut half could be made from a 15mm x 7.5mm piece. I'll have a go at testing this idea out. But it gives you U.S guys an idea of the nature of the target. In proper buried-in-dirt conditions, I doubt a cut half could be found much beyond 7 inches depth, just my opinion.
Cut half and quarter penny coins can be found here:
[www.ukdfd.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 09:03PM by Pimento.
October 11, 2015 12:14PM
These cut coins are interesting....money was really worth something then. I can picture a store owner using a hammer, chisel and a big anvil to make change.....and the arguments that would go with a bad cut.
October 11, 2015 12:54PM
It's known that many were cut at the Mint prior to issue, though tradesmen etc would also do it, it wasn't illegal at the time. A full penny was a days wage for a farm labourer, so smaller change was useful to have. Barter was used extensively at the time, and there were unofficial lead tokens in use as well, up to the 1700's. Cutting was eventually banned, as the King apparently didn't care for having his effigy chopped up.
October 11, 2015 10:35PM
Will reveal the answer tomorrow... Some have had some wild guesses, been interesting to see how people have come to their conclusion... Some have been miles off.

Cor blimey gov..... Never heard of monkey nuts.... Going to make a Rosie lee back in a mo.
October 11, 2015 11:40PM
I'll let the septics decode that load of Cockney banter ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 11:42PM by Pimento.
October 11, 2015 11:54PM
T2 with 13 inc coil

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2015 12:00AM by skinner.
October 12, 2015 12:06AM
Ozzie found a cut modern cent yesterday.....was inpressive.
October 12, 2015 02:50AM
Rod-PA Wrote:
> Ozzie found a cut modern cent yesterday.....was
> inpressive.

You jest....It was a cut wheat.......but not nearly as impressive as the 1744 George 2 you dug...post a pic....great shape for a copper in Pa. soil.
October 12, 2015 09:51AM
new tesoro black 8)
October 12, 2015 11:09PM
Couple of winners in here...... It was the Detech Reacher, wet socks in the post and I've already gobbled the monkey nuts :0)
October 13, 2015 03:50AM
Ziggy, Who in the UK sells coils for the Reacher? It's strange that Kellyco over here has never promoted these detectors--they sell the Detech coils for all the popular units. Looking forward to your further evaluation of this machine. Kevin at Staffordshire seems to like these detectors. Thanks, YubaJ Yuba is the name of a major gold-bearing river in California where I spent many seasons dredging for gold.
October 13, 2015 07:15AM
I will find out Yubaj...... Not looked into this machine much yet as such.... Out today and will be making first video on it.
October 15, 2015 01:40AM
How close was I on the Freq Ziggy????

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla