Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact pictures on Facebook

Posted by Spaceport 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Impact pictures on Facebook
October 15, 2015 08:25PM
Sorry, I do not know how to upload pictures from my phone here, but on Nokta official Facebook page they have pictures that are so so, to give a glimpse of the Impact....from a trade show in France on Oct. 11th. Straight shaft and the angle on the handgrip looks right....the control under the armcuff looks like the Racers and the coil looks like an inverted First Texas 7x11 DD coil....looks like the shafts is possibly collapsible. ...maybe...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 09:33PM by Spaceport.
Re: Nokta Impact pictures on Facebook
October 15, 2015 08:39PM
Looks good! It does look like a collapsible shaft which would be awesome.
The shaft on the CTX is one of my favorite things I like about it.
I cringe every time I go back to use my other detectors with the dam chord wrapped around the
Cheesy shaft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 08:43PM by Cabin Fever.
Heres some cropped shots
October 15, 2015 08:48PM

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 15, 2015 09:01PM
Almost looks like a Racer got hooked up with a CTX and had an Impact!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 09:37PM by Cabin Fever.
October 15, 2015 09:32PM
too bad we can't see what the "Brace for Impact" flyer on the wall says....

since that was there for the public maybe Nokta could post it here, eh Dilek?
October 15, 2015 09:35PM
Thanks Keith! Hahaha...yours look just like how I cropped mine. Said still under development and should debut in 2016.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 09:35PM by Spaceport.
October 15, 2015 10:54PM
Hello! Just wanted to let you guys know that Impact is still in development. The product we showed at the trade show in Paris was a prototype. Thank you!
October 15, 2015 11:43PM
Man that's a sweet lookin machine

very sleek, stylish, compact, light, and newage

like someone else said = looks like a Racer and CTX had a baby grinning smiley

Would love to get one of those suckers cuz if it's anything like the Racer but also an F19 combined into one = watch out Deus!
October 16, 2015 12:07AM
Still has that rainbow on top. confused smiley Racer battery compartment. Bring it on.
October 16, 2015 01:26AM
Now we are talking ergonomics!

HH
Johnb
October 16, 2015 02:00AM
Looks like the cable runs inside the shaft too......... Good lookin machine! I can't wait, looks like multi tone too..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 03:13AM by Jack Flynn.
October 16, 2015 03:21AM
Looks like a killer machine I'm excited. I think this company is going to make a big splash in our market. They are really just getting their feet wet in the USA. The racer is my go to machine while my deus is hanging on the wall in my office. It looks like we have a company that wants to take a big bite out of the companies that are asleep at the wheel in the US and I welcome that.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 03:28PM by Lawrenzo.
October 16, 2015 04:27AM
Look's like it has some sort of Boost modes.. and ability to alter tone break point eye popping smiley

Also has Iron volume...And target Notching ...

And industry only Flashlight and Vibrating handle still retainedwinking smiley

The telescoping rod for me will be most welcome for ATV storage..

What impresses me more than anything is theyre able to turn something out like this in a short amount of time...

Quite the feat and also quite Alarming for SOME other companys in alot of ways....

From paper to Proto model in a few months..

I dont think the Makro/Nokta companys are resting on already built models to coast along.....seem's they are moving on ...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 04:27AM by Keith Southern.
October 16, 2015 04:34AM
Looks like 2016 is going to be an interesting year.....and it's only a few months away thumbs down

If they follow any kind of regular release schedule, perhaps April like the Racer release?

Looks like it has a boost (deep) mode, interesting that it looks to have a selectable frequency as it shows both "frequency" and "frequency shift", iron volume and tone break, very nice.

I've seen iSAT mentioned before, but really do not know what it is? Some kind of auto ground tracking/balancing?
October 16, 2015 07:03AM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still has that rainbow on top. confused smiley Racer battery
> compartment. Bring it on.

Please let us know what you do not like about it. We welcome all feedbacks and suggestions.
October 16, 2015 07:19AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Looks like 2016 is going to be an interesting
> year.....and it's only a few months away thumbs down
>
> If they follow any kind of regular release
> schedule, perhaps April like the Racer release?
>
> Looks like it has a boost (deep) mode, interesting
> that it looks to have a selectable frequency as it
> shows both "frequency" and "frequency shift", iron
> volume and tone break, very nice.
>
> I've seen iSAT mentioned before, but really do not
> know what it is? Some kind of auto ground
> tracking/balancing?

As I mentioned before, the product is in development and we still have a significant amount of work on it. It would be very misleading to give an estimated launch date but it is definitely not soon.

iSAT is a feature we used in the new Fors Gold+ for the first time and it stands for Intelligent Self-Adjusting Threshold. It is explained as below in the Fors Gold+ manual:
''For the General Search mode (All Metal) to perform accurately, a stable threshold sound is necessary. Changes in mineralization and soil structure may cause a rise or fall in the background hum and disrupt the threshold's stability which will result in losing target signals of certain metals such as small gold nuggets. iSAT feature maintains the steadiness of the threshold by adjusting the speed the device recovers its threshold sound.''

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 10:00AM by Nokta Detectors.
October 16, 2015 09:51AM
Very exciting. The target ID needs to be better. The 82's for a variety of targets from can slaw to Indian head pennies was frustrating to me. I hunt private yards where every hole counts. It was almost like 82 and 83 were default numbers for most targets. And if you follow what you have done in the past with the pro package maybe allow us to pick our two coils? If you do these two things I really think you would have quite a few more sales. And one last question. Do you expect the new detector to perform as well in salt water environment as the Racer?
October 16, 2015 10:02AM
goodmore Wrote:
> Very exciting. The target ID needs to be better.
> The 82's for a variety of targets from can slaw to
> Indian head pennies was frustrating to me. I hunt
> private yards where every hole counts. It was
> almost like 82 and 83 were default numbers for
> most targets. And if you follow what you have
> done in the past with the pro package maybe allow
> us to pick our two coils? If you do these two
> things I really think you would have quite a few
> more sales. And one last question. Do you expect
> the new detector to perform as well in salt water
> environment as the Racer?

Your comments are noted and will be shared with the team.
Yes, it will have different modes that will work well on the beach.
Regarding package options - it is really way too early to talk about this.
We need to have the final product in our hand first which will take quite some time.
Thank you!
October 16, 2015 01:10PM
That one screen shot of the menu system is amazing. It looks like everything everybody has been asking for, rolled up into one machine. The tone options alone are amazing....looks like several variations of all metal modes, multi tone options, iron volume, iron break setting, and a whole lot of other goodies. The whole layout looks sharp too.

As goodmore said though...it would be great if it were better in modern trash than its predecessors. That is one of the reasons I am selling my Racer. The work it can do in iron is quite nifty but in sites with trash like aluminum, screw caps, etc...the much older Minelab FBS and CZ platforms do a lot better. As goodmore said...it would be great if there were a wider separation of ID between those items on the upper end of the scale....i.e. the 80 ID numbers that seem to be a catch all.

Otherwise...keep on doing what you are doing. I can't wait to see what these companies can do in the pulse machine arena.
October 16, 2015 02:56PM
Yeap spread the upper end of the disc out some to cure the 82 / 83 problem and you can sell me one.
Love the looks and features.
October 16, 2015 03:41PM
We are all excited about what is going to be coming out in the near future and if this new machine is designed from what we all have been asking for and it works and opens up new ways and better ways to hunt I think they will hit a home run and this may out sell the dues. For all their hard work and how they listened to us and not just to be nice but to really understand our mindset this may put this company at the top of the heap and have all the others wondering where they went wrong. I think even deus and their updates may be asking how much of the market share are they going to lose.

So this is a win win if it lives up to our needs and future needs. With the dues and my racer and the impact coming out...I feel I can go to any hunt and come back knowing I have the best machines in my hands helping me find history that is rusting away in the dirt. I think anyone that owns a gun has a few and most of us have a couple of detectors. I would think a lot of people may start selling their other machines to be ready to try this impact when it hits the market. A lot of us have been waiting a long time for our ideas and needs to be heard and new we have a company that listens.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 16, 2015 05:21PM
Personally I see no reason to dedicate 40 digits to iron audio, I'm OK with 15 like on my F75, or heck even compromise and make it 25, but spread out the upper end, the 82/83 TID as others have stated is simply too much of a catch all.

I've noted in the past that on my machine that the depth meter is all but useless, it seems to indicate that all targets are 2-3" deep even when 8" deep. If it's calibrated to some European coin, then it might make sense to have a region setting, or let us calibrate the pinpoint depth for better accuracy.

The backlight on the Racer, while much appreciated, can be blinding when night hunting, even at the lowest setting.

IF you used an adjustable RED LED BACKLIGHT it would have much better visibility when night hunting!

Also if the notch filter comes at the expense of performance (depth), can you make sure that when it's disabled, the performance isn't hindered.

If you need an Impact beta tester, hit me up, I have a lot of different sites to hunt in California from salt water beaches (and it's an El Nino year to boot!), iron infested relic sites, parks, to highly mineralized gold country sites, oh and did I mention that our detecting season is all winter long (actually the preferred season by many) thumbs down

HH,
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 07:05PM by Cal_cobra.
October 16, 2015 07:08PM
That interface looks great, lots of options/programs but everything is still layed out in an easy to use format. A detector shouldnt have a back button. Seeing how freq shift is still an option, if you can indeed select frequencies as the option appears in the expert options thats HUGE. Personally would like to see something in the 10x12 range, as a general use coil that perhaps gets a hair more depth than a 7x11.
October 16, 2015 07:26PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> TabWhisperer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Still has that rainbow on top. confused smiley Racer
> battery
> > compartment. Bring it on.
>
>
> Please let us know what you do not like about it.
> We welcome all feedbacks and suggestions.

I agree with spreading the coin range out since so many objects hit on 82. As for the display I would love to see the two colors like the photo. That would really make the important things stand out while detecting. Of course the Racer was also shown that way but came with a regular mono display. In fact the Racer is still showing on the Makro web site with the color display. For us older people that really helps with our vision. I love my Racer.

I still need to work out problems with my wireless module sounding real bad on my Racer. In fact I forgot about it since I put it away. I have tried it with a several headphones and earbuds but the quality is awful. The same tested headphones sound great with any other devices. I tried external BT devices with the same headphones and they sounded a lot better on the Racer than the factory one. I am sure there is a split over whether some people would want wireless headphones or not. Personally I really like the option. The Deus and V3i are good examples of how well it can work. Maybe a BT module at the latest version might help. But that's your end to decide what might work and what is economical.

I think it would be great if you could package extra lower rods in the Pro Packs. two coils means two rods included. Charge a little extra. Otherwise people have to order rods later and many dealers couldn't keep up with the demand.

As usual I can't compliment Makro and Nokta enough for listening to customers and posting in these forums.
October 16, 2015 08:42PM
Having a conversation about a future model is just huge in my opinion. Tossing around ideas for improvement is one thing. Having the manufacturer joining the conversation well that's about all we could ask for. Thanks for responding to my post and taking time to make a simple customer feel like part of something. I look forward to the Impact's release. The other detector manufacturers out there better wise up. Nokta / Makro are leaving you in the dust in customer relations.
October 16, 2015 10:43PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> TabWhisperer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Still has that rainbow on top. confused smiley Racer
> battery
> > compartment. Bring it on.
>
>
> Please let us know what you do not like about it.
> We welcome all feedbacks and suggestions.
Please make it waterproof.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
October 17, 2015 02:40AM
Please make it water proof to 10 feet. I would order right now. Thanks, Steve
October 17, 2015 02:55AM
Im hoping the racer coils work on the new one.
October 17, 2015 02:55AM
Very nice machine. Hope it's waterproof to at least 10 feet.
October 17, 2015 11:33AM
Well, they are sure going in the right direction. Very nice screen (seems user friendly and pleasing to the eyes).
This is a higher frequency machine though? (well, 14Khz?)
I would love a 7kHz coin machine in that package if they could do it.

Albert