Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ordered and paid for Omega 8000; received 8500 (yes, REALLY)

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ordered and paid for Omega 8000; received 8500 (yes, REALLY)
October 20, 2015 07:38PM
Assembled detector after it was delivered around 1:30. Wasn't looking for, so didn't notice it was an 8500 until I was going thru the menu and it showed "light."
Only then did I look at the face of the detector and saw it said Omega 8500. Wow!
Off to my summer camp to check it out.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 05:49AM by ncwayne.
Re: ordered and paid for Omega 8000; received 8500
October 20, 2015 08:06PM
Wayne,
Sent the 8500 to me and I'll send you my 8000. I wouldn't want you to settle for something you didn't order! eye rolling smiley
October 20, 2015 08:09PM
was this still with the discount omega 8000 pricing? kellyco?
October 20, 2015 09:34PM
That would be a sweet deal for the newly discounted price. Who did you order it from?
Re: ordered and paid for Omega 8000; received 8?00
October 21, 2015 02:56PM
Spent a couple hours out with the 8500 yesterday afternoon. Interesting machine. Too soon to make any pronouncements except to say it is very comfortable in the hand.
I ordered the Omega 8000 with 11" DD coil, coil cover, rain cover, and extra 10" DD elliptical coil and cover from Ed Huffman at Treasure Mtn Detectors. The order was shipped direct from FTP (strangely with a FRL packing list).
And yes, Ed's price for the bundle appeared in line with the discounted price of the 8000.

Thanks, Tom Slick, for your gracious offer. Send me your 8000 and I'll send you the one back that I least prefer. <g>

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 05:50AM by ncwayne.
October 21, 2015 03:36PM
cool, yeah the factory has been out of the 8000 so this is probably just courtesy to let the big guys clear out.
October 21, 2015 05:13PM
Thanks for the info Wayne, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the 8500 as you get some time on it.

HH,
Brian
October 22, 2015 12:43AM
Pics?
October 23, 2015 12:24AM
A similar thing happened to me when I purchased a T2 LTD new. I received two brand new units for the price of one. Since I did't pay for one of the units I shipped it to the dealer. I just couldn't keep it because I didn't pay for it. The funny thing is the units were made a little different (one had a longer trigger and a few other minor cosmetic differences. I sold the other one that I kept because it was a chatterbox around powerlines.
October 23, 2015 12:54PM
Dealer on another forum has confirmed factory direct shipping of the 8500 now,. ..
October 23, 2015 02:26PM
gman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dealer on another forum has confirmed factory
> direct shipping of the 8500 now,. ..

Thats me. Dealers just receive the official email as well. Some distributors still have the 8000 at the discounted rate. But factory is now shipping the 8500 at the original Omega MAP prices is replacing the 8000 in the teknetics line up. Once the 8000's are gone from distro they are done.

changes summarized

New features include:

· Adjustable screen back light

· Iron Segment ID indicates presence of iron regardless of mode

· Independent volume control per target category

· Positive Ground Balance Offset, allows for automatic offset (programmable)

· Additional Tone Setting “d5” has non-proportional audio

· Deep Mode, 4 settings with various filter options to control retune speed and block EMI

there is also separated gain and threshold in all metal, quick all metal button push check in disc, as well as 4 target id samplings per pass to give better "junk vs goodie" info

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2015 02:26PM by detectingMO.
October 23, 2015 08:30PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> gman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dealer on another forum has confirmed factory
> > direct shipping of the 8500 now,. ..
>
>
> Thats me. Dealers just receive the official email
> as well. Some distributors still have the 8000 at
> the discounted rate. But factory is now shipping
> the 8500 at the original Omega MAP prices is
> replacing the 8000 in the teknetics line up. Once
> the 8000's are gone from distro they are done.
>
> changes summarized
>
> New features include:
>
> · Adjustable screen back light
>
> · Iron Segment ID indicates presence of
> iron regardless of mode
>
> · Independent volume control per target
> category
>
> · Positive Ground Balance Offset, allows
> for automatic offset (programmable)
>
> · Additional Tone Setting “d5” has
> non-proportional audio
>
> · Deep Mode, 4 settings with various
> filter options to control retune speed and block
> EMI
>
> there is also separated gain and threshold in all
> metal, quick all metal button push check in disc,
> as well as 4 target id samplings per pass to give
> better "junk vs goodie" info

Backlight is great but also mandatory.
Nice to always be able to have a look at any iron if you don't feel like listening.
Intersting unit. I am curious about have separate volume control for each of the four target categories. I have great hearing but not at separating certain tones, depends on the machine. (e.g. The Tesoro Golden's tones were too close for me. Wasn't fun. If I could make a category higher than the other two next to it, that would making things pretty damn clear. Would be fun to get silver higher than the rest of course. Like a cool Alarm Clock! lol
And the Deep Sound sounds exciting (especially since the Omega 8000 was no slouch there. Close to my E-Trac, about an inch behind.) Also interesting you can tune her better deeper (I would imagine) using control retune speed. (EMI never a problem for me.)

What is "Additional Tone Setting “d5” has non-proportional audio" exactly

Nice looking unit, very curious how she is on deep silver. Would love some early reports.

Albert
October 23, 2015 08:34PM
Ill have to dig out my notes on it...I have not used the 8500 since Feb I believe it was...

Not sure if the finished one is the same as the unit I used..Should be close...

THERES ALOT OF ADJUSTMENTS..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 23, 2015 09:44PM
the 5th tone setting just makes deepies the same volume as shallow.

It has 8 categories for notch disc and notch volume control
October 23, 2015 10:25PM
DetectingMo I didnt Know you were a dealer..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: ordered and paid for Omega 8000; received 8500 (yes, REALLY)
October 24, 2015 11:53AM
Very interesting unit. Sounds like a heck of a park machine if you like a lot of settings for flexibility.
wjs
October 25, 2015 01:05AM
Does the threshold have an effect in the disc mode or is it all metal mode only?
October 25, 2015 02:06AM
The threshold only effects the all metal mode...

It cant be adjusted while in disc mode because the threshold control clicks the disc on and off..

Off=Disc
On= All metal

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
wjs
October 25, 2015 02:35AM
I was thinking on the F5 and F70 that the threshold did work in the disc mode. I saw the knob on the new omega and wondering about that one too. Thanks for the answer Keith.
October 25, 2015 09:59AM
wjs Wrote:
> I was thinking on the F5 and F70 that the
> threshold did work in the disc mode. I saw the
> knob on the new omega and wondering about that one
> too. Thanks for the answer Keith.

The Omega was interesting in that it had that one Knob able to control so much, just a great menu. Wish other machines did something similar.
Something about Knobs helping functionality (potentially).
October 25, 2015 01:24PM
I believe the difference processes on deep do things to threshold I in disc but not like f5 and f70 being user controlled.
October 25, 2015 01:50PM
I see Teknetics now has the Omega 8500 in their product line up.

[www.tekneticst2.com]

But they still only show the manual and brochure for the 8000.

I believe somebody has already given the link for the 8500 manual as found here:

[files.firsttx.net]

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC

October 25, 2015 02:43PM
The Deepest modes are labeled Hz...there D2/D3 modes..2 is 60hz and 3 is 50hz

The 0 mode is sort of like the FA mode on the F75 DST..its faster but less depth than stock

D1 is a regular mode like say the 8000 model..

the D2/D3 slow the response down and add depth....Sort of like the BP mode on a F75 or T2

You can get more depth but also a make it sluggish...Just like the T2/ F75

great on isolated targets...can add interference EMI WHEN ADDING FILTER in certain areas thers a 60 Hz and 50 Hz so if one is not working the other may for added depth..

They do not effect the Disc in terms of threshold .. What they are doing is in simplest terms retuning faster or slower..Sort of in a way like on the DEUS in reactivity...

In all metal slowing down the retune speed say when using the D2/D3 modes you can start to get a warbly threshold ..the D0 will smooth out a threshold like running a MXT on fast SAT but kill depth...D1 will be like a 8000 omega in normal all metal more or less..

the D3 can slow down so much that the threshold may dissapear it seems like its that slow..

I like the D2 in all metal ...DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP...adjust sweep speed accordingly..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 06:41PM by Keith Southern.