Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz6 &cz6a

Posted by sheds 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz6 &cz6a
October 30, 2015 01:45AM
CZ6.....CZ6A...I was told to stay away from one of these....can't remember witch one..?
Re: cz6 &cz6a
October 30, 2015 03:58AM
I would think it would be the CZ6 for certain reasons...the main one being I believe a 4 pin coil plug used on the CZ6 vs the 5 pin that is used on the 6a ( and all other CZ models like the 5, 7, 7a 70 and 3D) .The 5 pin coils are still made today If a coil for the CZ6 goes bad, it would be hard finding a replacement at this juncture.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this assumption.
October 30, 2015 07:40AM
difference between CZ5 and CZ6:
CZ5 was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... had external speaker.

CZ6 was; analog, rainproof/splashproof/dustproof... no external speaker.

difference between CZ6 and CZ6A:
Basically the same unit however the original 6 had a molded plug that mated with the control box and also had a pigtail that came out of the opening for the headphones..You can tell if a 6 has been changed to a 6A as the plug is not molded and the pigtail removed and replaced with a black rubber headphone connect...Seems like they had problems with the molded plug and that's why the 6A ememerged....as far as depth stability and the like are the same unit...Of course the CZ6 had that decal on it even if changed to the 6A...and the improved version 6A will have the 6A decal.

"The manual for the CZ6 is the the same as the CZ5 manual", that is why you can't find it.

Same as "CZ7a" and "CZ7a Pro" only have one manual between them in "pdf" format.
October 30, 2015 11:12AM
What they saidsmiling smiley...

CZ-6 in original format is the one that is less desired. If converted to CZ-6a, it is good.
October 30, 2015 02:34PM
On the CZ6 a good portion of the coil connectors failed thus they changed the 4 pin to a five pin connector which was not molded and Fisher changed it to the CZ6A..
Fellow posters before me covered it well just never mentioned the failings of a lot of the original CZ6. So indeed you want the CZ6A or the CZ6 that has been converted to the CZ6A. I speak from experience as had to send myCZ6 in to Fisher to be changed into a CZ6A as connector failed....and in 93 cost about 40 bucks...
November 10, 2015 01:53AM
I own and still use an original 4 pin CZ6,, Connector hasnt failed yet,, And Im not easy on my gear either,,,, Probably just jinxed myself here,,,,,,
November 10, 2015 02:42PM
I said a good portion failed most that were hipmounted. indeed many are still working well so imagine yours will still serve you well...Imagine it had something to do with production and as the coil connector was molded and and couldn't be repaired along with the box connector being plastic which led to a good bit of them being changed to a 5 pin CZ6a. Problem is usually intermittent so if you buy a used 20 year old unit it may be faulty and don't think the new Fisher will convert them so that's the reason you go for a CZ6A not the CZ6 as Fisher will still work on them..Last I heard a conversion cost over 100 dollars so also cost inefficient also even if they do convert....
December 27, 2015 08:25PM
M-scope Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I own and still use an original 4 pin CZ6,,
> Connector hasnt failed yet,, And Im not easy on my
> gear either,,,, Probably just jinxed myself
> here,,,,,,

Yea you did,it blow up now.lol

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.