Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

5x10 Trio! VIDEO Testing

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
5x10 Trio! VIDEO Testing
November 18, 2015 01:45AM

All same size coils All unmask very well...

but with 5x10 battling which one do you think unmask the best in Nail's??

I'll say the Racer is 14Khz

The 705 is on 18.75Khz

The F19 is on 19Khz

I'll say the Racer is 5Khz lower YET the Racer sees smaller items..

Ill say the F19 has exact Tone break ability..

I'll say the 705 and the Racer have factory preset tone break..

I'll Say this is just a 5x10 scenario!!!

Why 5X10 ???Because I find the 5x10 to be the Ultimate mainstay on a High Freq Rig!

It can obtain decent to excellent depth in adverse ground and also hunt Iron/trash very effectively all in one size..

Plus Im just a 5x10 freak!LOL

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2015 10:17PM by Keith Southern.
Re: 5x10 Trio!
November 18, 2015 02:46AM
I'll lay my money on the Racer.
November 18, 2015 03:02AM
You have any problems with moisture getting in your fisher 5x10? Ive had 2 bad ones...and mentioned it on Steves forum, and others said same thing.
November 18, 2015 03:14AM
LoL

show off!

PS

since I own 2 of the 3

I'm with the F19 for the best in nails with the 5x10 installed

reason/s?

705 isn't the best/fastest for the task --- great machine and deep/etc but it's not known for super speed in iron?

Racer? OUTstanding with the OOR5" coil in nails but with the 5x10 installed I've been finding it to false too much (too much wrap around) on nails/smaller iron at depth

F19 = no wrap around and you can ID iron like no tomorrow --- you don't get fooled or dig anywhere NEAR the amount of iron you are fooled by with the Racer (can't speak for the 705 on that) but I'm guessin based on it not being a ultra fast processing machine that it's not #1?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2015 03:53AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
November 18, 2015 03:26AM
I'll hope the racer since I have a rc26 coil I need to sell. smiling smiley
November 18, 2015 04:03AM
I doubt you'll have trouble finding a buyer, Craig. So when all the bets are placed you'll get the rusty nails out Keith?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 18, 2015 06:18AM
In all my testing, my Racer beat out my F19. Never had the 705 but I'll guess the Racer of those three.
November 18, 2015 08:42PM
Never had a probem with any of the 5x10 FTP coil's Ray...

They are heavy for the size though on a side note...

Now the Bi-Axials are a different story..Ive had a few go out..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
VIDEO Testing
November 18, 2015 10:19PM
Here's a Video I put together for a Audible and Visual answer..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2015 10:55PM by Keith Southern.
Re: 5x10 Trio! VIDEO Testing
November 18, 2015 11:27PM
My F19 failed the critical test sad smiley
November 18, 2015 11:53PM
LOL Wayne!!!

Remember its still just a test..

But in the real world and it may just be I click with the Audio of the Racer ,I find the racer to be productive with a 5x10...its not like the OOR5 but still in a 'Scout' setup with the (find it--hit it--get it) ability in one coil its hard not to notice an advantage..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 19, 2015 12:35AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL Wayne!!!
>
> Remember its still just a test..
>
> But in the real world and it may just be I click
> with the Audio of the Racer ,I find the racer to
> be productive with a 5x10...its not like the OOR5
> but still in a 'Scout' setup with the (find
> it--hit it--get it) ability in one coil its hard
> not to notice an advantage..
>
>
> Keith

Yeah = I know

yet STILL = the F19 is better at identifying iron VS the Racer - if you're looking for iron relics = you know w/o a doubt when the F19 is over top of one - I've dug way more iron relics (buckles, horseshoes, axes, etc. etc.) with the F19 than the Racer (by far) and out of choice/in looking for them

PLUS

the the F19 isn't plagued with iron wrap around like the Racer is which fools you into diggin square nails and other small iron by reading/sounding like a good high conductor and tricking you into thinking it's something good.

So

even though the F19 failed the "down the barrel" test as for the ultimate unmasker with the 5x10 coil shootout = it still shines in it's own right ABOVE the Racer in other aspects with the 5x10 grinning smiley

Just like the 705 is deeper than either the F19 and Racer with the 5x10 coil = it too shines in that/it's own right...
November 19, 2015 12:54AM
The 705 with the 5x10nHF is not only deep for coil size but deadly on coins on edge.
November 19, 2015 12:58AM
Just about any Tesoro will ace that nail board test...it's what it does in the ground that counts.
November 19, 2015 12:59AM
Exactly Wayne...

I may also mention the 705 has the best prospecting mode of the 3 by a long shot...the all metal is head's above the other's..With excellent Ground tracking ability..

But for the test it is what it is..

I may add though I dig a good bit Iron relics with the Racer though..Especially Musket barrell bands and lock plates/lock hammers..bayonets ..

Yesterday I dug a Nice atillery trace Chain in a hunted out camp..

thanks for the reply.

Oy yeah the racer has auto trakcing Too as a Plus in harsh soil but its not a 705 all metal mode smooth depth wise..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: VIDEO Testing
November 19, 2015 05:35AM
I've got the 705 and the F19 in the armoury,... just can't seem to figure out which one to part with :-)

Adding another elliptical to the mix, be it racer or that new Deus coil coming out soon,... probably confuse me more than the targets LOL

On a freshly harvested field the minerals are all mixed up, pockets of the stuff, air pockets, etc.
Just notch out the highest number on the 705 and run it in ground tracking,... mineral wrap around is much reduced.
I'm digging buckshot with the large 18 kHz coil in a single target beneath the coil scenario.

The ellipticals come out when the iron is a little thicker :-)

HH
Johnb
Re: VIDEO Testing
November 19, 2015 05:47AM
Just hang on to them John...

Add a racer or racer Gold or soemthing..

Always good to have first hand views of what works in your area..

YES the 705 is DEEEEP..never been a problems there..Sleuthy too...

I should add about the test above the 705 does better with some soil in the mix..

heck of a unit..ONE of my Favorite Minelabs...

Ive actuallySEEN the 705 with the 7.5Khz coil 10.5 inch DD go deeper than the FBS units on some sites..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 19, 2015 06:04AM
f19 on nickel coins will be better , I checked
the future as you test it on a few monetavh buddy lol
November 19, 2015 06:11AM
The test call's for a post Civil War Indian head Penny..I didnt design it.

I could also use a silver dollar or quarter or ?????

Its is what it is...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 19, 2015 07:24AM
Use a thin nickel coins in this set -o- will not overloading
November 19, 2015 07:43AM
Just a question. What are the differences between the Xterra 70 and 705? I had a 70 when they first came out but didn't spend much time behind it. They didn't have nowhere near the coil options they have now for that series. I didn't find the 70 to be that great of a unit...but I only had two coils for mine and this was before I discovered you can't really run discrimination in my soil and get down beyond 4 inches.
November 19, 2015 04:36PM
Things do change in the dirt and that is why it's nice to have a few different machines to use and go back and hunt again...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 19, 2015 05:03PM
Discrimination should never be used on the Xterra 70/705, it's disastrous to the performance of the machine, the response of the machine is strangled when using disc and it effectively blocks all weak/faint signals from coming through. Instead use all metal mode in 2 tones, this allows the audio to flow freely and the weak signals came come through, be aware the Xterra loves to give a minus number id on faint non ferrous signals, they can id as -2,-4,-6 and yes even -8 but they are easy to spot as it will be a very weak anaemic iron grunt compared to the solid confident grunt iron gives, to verify just go into prospecting mode and sweep, a deep/faint non ferrous will give a lovely sweet faint "wuuh" and is unmistakeably a good target once you get your ear in. When you have learnt how to dig minus numbers you will see the real depth of the xterra and using this method you can as Keith said match or surpass the FBS machines especially with the 10 inch 7.5khz coil fitted although the 10 inch 18.75khz coil has also stunned me with depth on medium conductivity targets.
November 19, 2015 05:49PM
So basically you guys are doing what I learned to do on the F75 in all metal...despite having a iron reading, you learn the sound of a deep non ferrous target. Gotcha. In soil where a minie ball turns to iron signal at just 6 inches...I have dug them down to 14" with the F75.
November 19, 2015 06:12PM
yes just like what you did on the f75 vids, in your bad soil I might just use prospecting mode and not bother with the normal detecting mode as the id would be totally unreliable.
November 20, 2015 03:26AM
Daniel the 70 Vs 705 are a few moe option's like Ground bal offset...backlight etc..

there both about the same in depth though..

Now as far as All metal there is a DIsc circuit all metal and a true all metal

The disc is called all metal 2 tone which is full accept from mineral to silver dollar so to speak..

The prospecting mode is threshold waver based motion like say the whites 5900.. super silky smooth...Plus it has a added Unique feature of having the ability to turn on Iorn mask..and when this is in use it will do like the GPX 5000 iron will null out the threshold ..its variable setting from low to high.. and only works say for the first 6 inches or so...But unlike the GPX this one is very good at cancelling out iron accurately..So while the I.D. does nto work in the Prospecting mode the null does...now in trash its a no no but on islaoted targets its DEEEEP especially wiht the 7.5Khz DD 10.5 inch coil...Mid to upper teens ability on bullets...and you cna stop digigng if the bullets start to null the closer you get...

But I might add if you also stay in the all metal Disc circuit and use the same coil its just a beast on depth in certain soils in its own right..12-14 inch bullets Ive dug in disc all metal accept in more loamy dirt..Hot raock can fool you somewhat also at times but thats the way a deep unit does..it will hit on hot rocks at times...But are easy to discern..

Now that 5x10 DD 18.75 is a great do it all coil and punches bad soil great..and is Phenomenal on Buttons and bullets down to 8-10 inches or so...Deeper if put into the prospecting mode..

Great units to have and used ones are pretty cheap now..less than 400.00 will get the gold pack usually that'sthe 5x10 coil...In our hot soils stay away from the Concentrics...the groudn bal is backwards the lwoe rthe ground bal the worse the dirt...the higher the better...My ground runs in the mid teens so DD's it is..if your in the mid to upper 20s and above the concentrics will work..

if your 70 had the stock concentric I bet you were dissapointed in performance..

The coils change the freq and its very precise feeling when you go from one freq to another coil wise...not like on the DEUS..

its more exact not manipulated..

Never had nothing but prasie for the X-terra flagship models

P.S. the disc mode has a Threshold too but its a constant non waver no rise and fall .just a null .. its for gauging when a rejected target is went across..rejected targets nulls the thresh like on a sovereign in disc mode......

But the prosepcting Mode is true threshold based waver motion mode...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 20, 2015 04:24AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The coils change the freq and its very precise
> feeling when you go from one freq to another coil
> wise...not like on the DEUS..

> Keith

100% agree with this, for me the Deus is not really a proper 4 frequency detector, very little difference when switching frequencies, I just left it on 18khz in the end as it seemed to be best on this in my ground. On the Xterra the difference between 7.5Khz and 18.75Khz coils is huge, a different machine, try using the 10 inch 7.5Khz coil in iron and then go back with the 10 inch 18.75Khz coil, you get the real feeling you have changed detectors, not so on the DEUS. Also I can report that on my test bed which is 9 years old in mild soil my Xterra matched or beat the DEUS on depth and gave the correct id on most where as the DEUS on deep targets gave a squeaky two way signal with no id on the meter.Yes it's awesomely fast but when I returned to my old iron laden sites with the DEUS which I had worked very hard with the xterra and 10x5 18.75Khz coil there was no bonanza of new finds, a few yes but there always is with a new detector. One final comment on the DEUS ....how on earth did they ever put that horrible audio into it....seriously XP should put some pleasant Minelab type tones into the new software update!
November 20, 2015 11:09AM
That's true. The Deus sounds like a chicken, but one that has a wide range of voices winking smiley. Despite what other people are saying, it is (at least in my opinion) only 1 chicken in the cage...

The X-terra 705 was always on my mind, because of its pleasant audio. Unfortunately I never decided to purchase it and went for different machines instead. When I see the 705 on YT videos, I always regret it.

Could someone describe the difference between the 705 and the Racer (with a 10x5 coil) when it comes to ergonomics? What is more comfortable to swing? How is the feeling compared to the Racer? Is it heavier, how is the balance?
November 20, 2015 03:04PM
well for me the 705 is better due to pistol style grip. the angle of the first run makro racers hurt my wrist. newer ones have a different angle so the difference may be very little. i always favor pistol grips.. i love my f75 and the omega g2 t2 style..
November 20, 2015 10:26PM
@basstrackerman

Thanks for the info. I have only one detector with a pistol grip (the Eagle Spectrum). But it is not the lightest machine...