Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got the Bezel but not the Coin

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got the Bezel but not the Coin
November 22, 2015 04:56PM
Got a nice piece of silver at an old apartment complex site. Hunted by lots of clubs and yet if your patient you can still get a few "squeekers" . Used my E Trac with stock coil and the park trash pattern that really locks down the decrim for coins. This pattern lets the nickels pop. Dug 8 nickels for a total of 23 Jefferson's on the last 2 hunts. Always looking for the Buffalo's. Also a really great shape Tootsie Car Roadster 4.
[www.findmall.com]
Re: Got the Bezel but not the Coin
November 22, 2015 05:53PM
Sometimes I wonder if folks hit the bigger high conductors----they think can and hence walk. And then the person comes behind them and takes nothing or very little for granted and pull a monster sized find....

Congrats on your finds...
November 22, 2015 06:49PM
Indeed a good portion of our hunters cherrypick the high coins and nickles are there to be found if one concentrates on them not to mention the chance for a nice gold ring.
Once found a nice womens engagement ring 14t. minus the diamond. Even went back with a bucket and screened the surrounding area with negative results. Feel you pain with the emptybezel ...personally would hunt the surrounding area in all metal as perhaps the large coin or token could be masked by junk....
November 23, 2015 05:05PM
Thanks guys I have found a 10k cocktail ring at this site by digging nickel tones. Turned over the plug and there next to the pop tab was this ring. Will be going back to try and find the chain or better yet the coin.