Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Deus V4 software details + Elliptical coil

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Deus V4 software details + Elliptical coil
December 12, 2015 08:01PM
[www.djlaan.nl]

XP Deus V4!

XP launches in 2016 new software for XP Deus version V4.
There is a deep seeker come, a new elliptical search coil and a pinpointer.

V4 software:
The new software version V4 will add include the following:
- New setting reaction
- New tools menu
- New function for searching the beach and in salt water.
- Possibility of sending discovery information to the mobile phone

Deep Viewfinder:
This will consist of a "Two box system" that you can put on the existing XP DEUS to make a deep seeker.

Elliptical Disk:
There will come a new disk for the Deus 24x12cm equipped with higher frequencies: 10, 20, 30, 40 kHz.

Pinpointer:
XP also comes with a waterproof pinpointer who is linking to the headphones.
This can be set via the control unit or by a smartphone app that is coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2015 08:02PM by sanjuro.
Re: New Deus V4 software details + Elliptical coil
December 13, 2015 02:43AM
Not sure till I see the menu and what it does and how it tests with users...I'm in no hurry

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 13, 2015 10:14AM
Those details seem to match up with the info linked to in this thread from last month, so I guess they can be believed.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
December 13, 2015 10:20AM
I'm wondering if the deep seeker will be able to work on coin-sized targets and be able to detect deeper than the minelabs on the same.
December 13, 2015 02:26PM
Based on how other similar-sized two-box machines operate, there's little chance it will find single coins at any depth.
If it has the typical Deus frequencies, it would be interesting to see what differences there are between 4KHz and 18KHz. I noticed that some of the other two-box machines run at a surprisingly high freq, which seems to contradict the idea of large targets favouring lower frequency detectors.
It would be interesting if it was multi-frequency, I see no reason why the technique shouldn't be advantageous on a two-box. And that would give it a unique selling feature, as ML, Fisher and Whites never applied their multi-freq methods to this type of machine.
December 13, 2015 02:51PM
still no update on the visual ID ,the horseshoe is useless ,its needs a hodograph up front not buried away
December 13, 2015 03:11PM
Well my 2 cents worth.

Xp has made the greatest strides with metal detecting tech overall.

And this started many years ago-- not new by any means.

I think Xp has studied for example the Makro line, Nokta line, DTVG line and others.

I asked the question here actually about could Xp make a smaller coil?? I think the response I got from some of the most experienced was no---- their answers had to do with the battery.
And there was some question about depth also.-- mostly no additional depth likely achievable.

So we will see.

And reading NASA Tom's comments on his Nokta FGP tests, the Gold Max's power detector still ranks supreme--- especially as ground minerals rise.

Xp thus far. They don't seem to get in a hurry. They do things right. They shouldn't be underestimated.

And here's the part I really like.

If this new version coupled with this new coil release.

If and or depth/ separation, unmasking are further advanced.---- persons already owning Xp Deus units, they will be able to for less money be able to purchase the new coil vs buying an additional detector-- if past Xp coil cost hold true for the new release.

The genius with the Deus. New coil and or new version= new detector.

And to think owners of Deus, can actually part out their detectors if they choose.

We all should admit----- Xp has put a gleam in many a folks' eyes; especially when around the nails and iron.

I look forward to seeing just what additional performance these fine and seemingly serious folks can bring to the table.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 03:13PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 13, 2015 06:02PM
"The genius with the Deus. New coil = new detector."
What rather spoils this is the fact the coils cost as much as a detector. If they had managed to price them at the same level as replacement coils for other high-end machines, then customers would be happier to buy additional coils.
December 13, 2015 06:44PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The genius with the Deus. New coil = new
> detector."
> What rather spoils this is the fact the coils cost
> as much as a detector. If they had managed to
> price them at the same level as replacement coils
> for other high-end machines, then customers would
> be happier to buy additional coils.

When they first started talking about the update and new coil, I thought they said some of the new update features would only work with the new coil? If not using the new coil the features would be grayed out on the control box?

I don't want to shell out another $400.00 to $600.00 for a coil to utilize all the updates...
December 13, 2015 06:59PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The genius with the Deus. New coil = new
> detector."
> What rather spoils this is the fact the coils cost
> as much as a detector. If they had managed to
> price them at the same level as replacement coils
> for other high-end machines, then customers would
> be happier to buy additional coils.

Well I'm confused. Go and check the price difference between a 17" coil for CTX and then check the price of a Deus coil.
Ll
Far more electronics in a Deus coil.

And remember a say Deus 9" coil for example mimics far more coil sizes than a 9" coil.

Can't say that about many of the others.

Granted it would be nice if all coils were cheaper.

But I feel if any manufacturer is ripping off the detecting community-- it's Minelab

Btw Deus coils do come with a 5 year warranty-- unlike most. This in itself has added value.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 07:07PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 13, 2015 07:00PM
Just speculation here as XP has released very little verified info about the coil or update that I have seen , including the price.
I think a new coil is needed to run on the 10 , 20 , 30 , 40 khz frequencies , one freq. at a time and not simultnaeously. The update will apply to the old coils in terms of different "adjustments" and what they are is anyone's guess. I do not believe they can change the frequencies the old coils run at or make them run more than one frequency at a time with a simple software update.
December 13, 2015 07:15PM
I've not seen enough info to say whether some features will only work with the new coil. As it's a higher freq coil, it may lend itself to nugget-hunting, and maybe there's an improved 'goldfield' mode? Just speculation. It's likely the two-box coil would benefit from specific operating modes. They ground-balance differently to regular coils (more towards the salt setting), so it's possible there's ground-tracking that operates differently. Maybe you can upload your two-box search data to your phone, and then stitch together a ground survey, like archi's do with GPR scans?
December 13, 2015 07:19PM
I find the Wireless DEUS coils way overpriced for what they are...

I would be happy with a coil wire and a 150.00 dollar pirce tag on the coils..

But we have the GMP for that

They have a circuit the size of a stick of chewing gum in them ..

Seems they do not want to make a Small coil. I had hoped for a 5 inch range....maybe with an external circuit and battery to resolve size problems linked Via a short cable for remote mount...

Almost feels at this point they tell us we dont need it becasue they dont want to or cant YET make it...

I feel they are very ardent in that they 'ALAIN' want's his creation to be totally wireless and self contained and also pleasing to the eye...Yes I believe that...Very cosmopolitan is it not to design something as mundane as a metal detector but have it also be pleasing to the eye...Only in France LOL!

So he's not going to put the eletronics outside a smaller coil.. maybe one day he can get the electronics into a smaller coil as time goes on but till then not happening I would bet..

One thing about creative genius you wont easily steer them astray...

I believe XP is only looking at XP,, I feel they do not wory about the competition unless its to check for copyright infringment's..

Company has a Different feel about them than any other manufacturer at the moment..they Know what they have works well and they Im sure aim to protect it..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 13, 2015 07:30PM
@TNSS:
It's a tricky one, the ML CTX coils price. Fundamentally, they are almost the same as the E-Trac ones. But....they do have a bit more electronics inside: simple microcomputer to identify coil type, prevent unauthorised copying, and there's an inertial sensor (accelerometer or rate-gyro) so it knows which way it's being swung and how quickly. Combine this with the availabilty of only ML (or licenced by ML) coils, and they can charge what they like for them. It's an expensive machine, so the coils are priced high, too.
December 13, 2015 07:40PM
Well I think any serious metal detector manufacturer has indeed tested/ used the competition's detectors.

I mean if they didn't,,, how would they know what they had on their drawing board?

I guess they could use their own past released products performance , and maybe some do--- maybe this is the WHY behind some of what I call just mainly bells and whistles with some of the new released detectors.....
December 13, 2015 07:45PM
@KeithS:"They have a circuit the size of a stick of chewing gum in them."
That's the idea - would you be happier if it was 4 inches square? It's miniaturised so it fits in the coil easily, without messing up the operation/induction balance of the windings. Miniaturisation can increase the cost. 4-layer circuit boards, micro-vias, BGA packaged chips, etc typically cost more than less exotic double-sided boards with parts with legs soldered on.

"I had hoped for a 5 inch range....maybe with an external circuit and battery to resolve size problems linked Via a short cable for remote mount"
That's a butt-ugly solution, and not at all 'DEUS', is it? I think they could make the electronics fit in a small coil, myself. Ditch the 4 & 8 KHz, so you only need one relay, just use one 'power setting', you could halve the size of the board, I reckon. There's higher capacity LiPo cells (for the same physical size) compared to when the Deus came out, so they could use a physically smaller cell than the regular coils have.
They've probably tried it, and found it only marginally better, and not worth marketing, especially as it would be pricey, no cheaper than the stock coil, I think.
December 13, 2015 07:58PM
@KeithS:"They have a circuit the size of a stick of chewing gum in them."
That's the idea - would you be happier if it was 4 inches square? It's miniaturised so it fits in the coil easily, without messing up the operation/induction balance of the windings. Miniaturisation can increase the cost. 4-layer circuit boards, micro-vias, BGA packaged chips, etc typically cost more than less exotic double-sided boards with parts with legs soldered on.

No Pimento Im quiet Glad it the size iof a stick of Gum...I wish it was smaller to fit inside a smaller coil...Butt hen we will have to wait on a battery to egt smaller too...

But at the same time it shouldnt make the coil cost 500.00 ...

Thats why we have the GMP though!!

I would of loved and still hope to see the smaller coil, I have a deep feeling it would be worth it to be built for Site use..

They want to build the worlds best Unmakser yet they want to do it with a larger coil size ..and they do wonders with a 9 inch for sure better than anytihg Ive used coil for coil..Still a 5 would be most welcome..Especially here in the states...We have alot of larger iron to manuever around in our less than 300 year old house sites and such..

Quick qestion Pimento....in Europe and especially in the sites the DEUS shines working through iron...The type sites yall hunt wihth roman goodies is the iron larger than nails or is it more of small hob nails and scattered and decomposed after 2000 years?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 13, 2015 08:05PM
Keith: Heavily used European sites have every kind of iron in them, from tiny rusty blobs and small nails, through to large nuts/bolts/washers/nails/sheet iron, through to huge lumps of broken plough-share and 'bits that fell off a traction engine' weighing up to 10 pounds.
December 13, 2015 08:10PM
Xp I feel has some advantages when it comes to forward development.
Granted I'm not familiar with their entire product line.

But Xp due to their forward thinking.

They are not having to spend money, time, energy on designing rods, they already know how to make the coil talk to the remote and headphones.

So they can put all their attention into the science/physics of how to make a better performing detector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 08:12PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 13, 2015 08:17PM
Thanks Pimento..

Alway's wondered..

maybe one day Ill find out first hand!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
December 13, 2015 08:39PM
Oh, don't forget the coke, which reads everywhere from iron up to 'nickel'.