Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mastering the Makro Racer Clive James Clynick

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mastering the Makro Racer Clive James Clynick
December 21, 2015 04:10PM
New,book by the prolific Clyde.

[www.treasurenet.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Mastering the Makro Racer Clive James Clynick
December 21, 2015 04:27PM
It is a really good book

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 21, 2015 06:40PM
a Book ? already ?

Great, and it is probably good to, and definitely a good read cause thats what we want to read. Detecting.

Does this mean that Nokta upped the Fisher tec enough to really deserve a book ?

With all the brains Fisher have these days I hope some day soon they can make a detector that all the " names " at the user end will want to make a BOOK about.

Reading books about my detectors these days is my 345 attempt at the Whites MXT by Foster. And i still like it even when letters missing. And a few older classics.

If a good book has been released for the Racer, a few good books have missed writing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 06:41PM by OldandBold.
December 21, 2015 06:42PM
The menu system is as easy as it gets. Maybe a total noob might need help, but people that have any experience I would think they can figure it out.
December 21, 2015 07:44PM
Anytime a person writes an informative book about anything really--- my hat goes off to them.

I don't buy many books generally, but I do feel this way.

And I wouldn"t be surprised many good informative books are not done for pure profit either.

Some folks just like to convey their feelings and thoughts in a more formal setting-- a book is one such avenue

HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 07:45PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 21, 2015 07:44PM
This whole world is one big tree, and every squirrel is looking to get a nut.

Some people have figured out that finding goodies with a metal detector ain't the only way to make some money in this hobby. Writing how to books and manuals seems to be another avenue for it. Everybody is looking to gain an edge, and think these books are the answer in unlocking some secret portal of their detector that no one else has discovered. At best, most of them I have read are nothing more than a glorified owners manual and usually $15-20 wasted. JMO.
December 21, 2015 08:06PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole world is one big tree, and every
> squirrel is looking to get a nut.
>
> Some people have figured out that finding goodies
> with a metal detector ain't the only way to make
> some money in this hobby. Writing how to books and
> manuals seems to be another avenue for it.
> Everybody is looking to gain an edge, and think
> these books are the answer in unlocking some
> secret portal of their detector that no one else
> has discovered. At best, most of them I have read
> are nothing more than a glorified owners manual
> and usually $15-20 wasted. JMO.

Ain't THAT the "truth"!? LoL grinning smiley
December 21, 2015 09:46PM
I found the book interesting and informative and have passed it on to a detecting buddy that has a Racer but not a lot of detecting experience. As far as the cost, I don't think $15.00 is doodly squat considering I can find that in a couple of outings.
December 21, 2015 11:49PM
One book that was worth every penny plus some is Andy Sabisch's CTX 3030 Handbook.
This book should be included with every CTX sold and I would pay twice what I did for it.
Bryan
December 22, 2015 12:50AM
Cabin Fever Wrote:
> One book that was worth every penny plus some is
> Andy Sabisch's CTX 3030 Handbook.
> This book should be included with every CTX sold
> and I would pay twice what I did for it.
> Bryan

Yepper.
December 22, 2015 01:26AM
The Racer book is definitely a good read and if you have not ran a Racer long it will help. I read mine all in one afternoon sit and learned a few things but like I said a new to the Racer person it will help. I've got one I'll pass along to whomever pm's me first if they would like to read it. Then you can pass it on yourself to someone "here" that will pass it on.
December 22, 2015 03:16AM
It's nice to read this book and find out you have found out a lot of things yourself and there are a few things that made me think more about what I was doing...So a good read and well done.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 22, 2015 04:05AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> The Racer book is definitely a good read and if
> you have not ran a Racer long it will help. I read
> mine all in one afternoon sit and learned a few
> things but like I said a new to the Racer person
> it will help. I've got one I'll pass along to
> whomever pm's me first if they would like to read
> it. Then you can pass it on yourself to someone
> "here" that will pass it on.

PM sent Jack.
December 22, 2015 10:57AM
Kevin send me your address then Tom 41 wants to read it next, you can mail it to him. Then on and on.
cjc
December 22, 2015 01:32PM
I spent a lot of years detecting and not finding. It was only when I started to study how some of the older guys went about it than I started to learn--and to find. Seems like everyone who has found a few flyspecks thinks they have nothing left to learn and that my books are worthless. To me this speaks of the person--not the quality of the information. Even after 35 years detecting I still learn hard lessons all the time. Thanks for your interest and support guys.
Regards,
clive
[clivesgoldpage.com]
December 22, 2015 02:00PM
Very gentlemanly of you Jack for sharing your book.
December 22, 2015 10:20PM
Yeah don't worry bout Ole Clive--feed the postal system--the shipping costs are probably 1/2 the cost of the book,But OBOLA needs the money more than Ole Clive--and besides it's "gentlemanly".
December 23, 2015 03:42AM
I never knew there was any dislike over someone writting and selling a book. I find it strange as there are some really good ones out there that help both newbie and season hunters alike. There are also some that could have been left unwritten or maybe written by someone else.

There are lot of books I wouldn't go without, one of which is Clive's 'DFX Gold Methods', which I re-read several times a year. I consider my little detector book library just as much a treasure as I do many of my maps I've tracked down and obtained.

Another author I really like is Glenn Carsons. He doesn't so much tell me "how to" but rather makes me think more like a treasure hunter.

Tom's articles are very good. He could write a nice book documenting his Seminole Forts experience that I bet would be a good and helpful read for relic hunters as well as the archies. He needs to document more of his knowledge.

Many of the folks that post here could write a decent book, or at least a pamphlet that folks would like.

I find reading tnsharpshooter's posts about the Blisstool is like watching a book develop, much like Jeff Foster's DFX book developed itself on Findmall as Cody, Matt and Jeff, and others discussed the DFX. I hope he puts it all together at some point if he has the time.

HH
Mike
December 23, 2015 03:51AM
Thx Jack. Let me know who wants it next.
December 23, 2015 05:12AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Kevin send me your address then Tom 41 wants to
> read it next, you can mail it to him. Then on and
> on.

PM Sent w/ address. Thank you Jack!!!! I'll treat it well and forward it to Tom41. Merry Christmas!!! ( I found a 1907 Indian Head this afternoon w/ the Racer with 11 inch coil). I'm giving it the small coil treatment when the weather breaks. It's MUDDY out there!!! LOL But I ain't complainin.
January 03, 2016 05:07AM
Hi Tom,

I'd appreciate having a look at this book, if I find it of value I'll probably buy a copy to keep.
January 03, 2016 11:36AM
I hear you, but.... how often have you picked up a new machine and wondered..... is it working the way its supposed to? Experienced people can quickly shorten the learning curve..... but the new guys on the block..... well they need a little help. Clive ..... and most of the hobby writers go thru the operation functions, but the big sell is shorting the learning curve. The information these gurus impart goes beyond just the specific machine in most cases. Personally i like Fosters books..... like was mentioned about the DFX. He went into the technical aspect.
January 03, 2016 01:38PM
What Mike Hillis said. I've used many detectors since 1970 and feel pretty comfortable with any of them. But I enjoyed Tom's video of the CZ3D and got a lot out of it. I had Andy's Etrac book and it helped a great deal learning to use that detector. I look at all of Keith's videos, and am thankful that he goes to the trouble to make them so I can learn something I might not know. I wish I knew it all but as I've gotten older I realize I don't. If someone can make a buck by selling a book or a video, more power to them. I'm not jealous because someone showed more initiative than I did.
January 03, 2016 05:25PM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> If someone can make a buck by selling a
> book or a video, more power to them. I'm not
> jealous because someone showed more initiative
> than I did.

That right there is what I was driving at. It is not a jealousy thing. But it is calling a spade a spade. I see it as people capitalizing on an opportunity...which is the fact of: people these days are lazy and want every shortcut possible. And folks are stepping out with the books that have all the answers and tricks to them becoming a successful hunter winking smiley

I'm not the smartest in the world but I am pretty sharp with robots and mechanical aspects of things. In fact, in just the last few weeks I have came into my shift twice with machines that had been down for most of day shift and all of second shift...maintenance and engineers working to trouble shoot the problem to no avail. I come in, find out what is going on, and within a couple hours, have the problem found and fixed and up and running on my own. Detectors are the same way for me. I have taught howto siminar classes as big organized hunts, and had countless encounters with other hunters at the hunts that needed help with their machines. I have had them approach me and not having found a single relic all day...and spend a few mins with me and run into them again and they be smiling ear to ear with a pouch full of relics. I don't charge them anything...I was just glad to help somebody in the field. My biggest downfall is that most of the time I can be aggressive and do not sugar coat my words...and if that offends somebody, I usually don't give a rip. Lol Therefore I do occasionally get told I am an "A-Hole". smiling smiley
January 03, 2016 07:23PM
If people want to spend their money on a detector book who am I to disagree? But as I stated a few times already the Racer is about as easy as it gets. That is one of the features that attracted me to the unit. What people need to spend their time on is researching sites to hunt. A good site will build confidence in any hunter. Go out and push the buttons. You really can't screw it up.