Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fresh water suggestions

Posted by FollowTheBeep 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fresh water suggestions
December 26, 2015 07:17PM
I've moved up to North Dakota where the hunting season is short but there's a lot of history. Being right on the Missouri River I am thinking that I should get a waterproof detector to see what I can find. Any suggestions? AT Pro or is there something more appropriate in that price range?
Re: Fresh water suggestions
December 26, 2015 07:25PM
The club I belong to has several seeded freshwater hunts a year, 30 to 40 people will show up.

80 to 90% are using A/T Pros....

That said, I have never used one. Tesoro Stingray II is what I use, it does well on small gold.
December 26, 2015 07:25PM
I love the AT pro for freshwater hunting. Hits hard on small gold jewelry and rings. I run it in pro mode 0 disc max sensitivity.

John
December 26, 2015 07:45PM
I prefer the Tesoro Tiger Shark over the AT Pro for strictly fresh water hunting.
December 26, 2015 07:56PM
With the AT, is the small coil or large coil better under water?
Re: AT Gold
December 26, 2015 08:10PM
I use AT Gold for freshwater hunting as It is hotter on small gold.
December 27, 2015 04:39AM
Frank in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use AT Gold for freshwater hunting as It is
> hotter on small gold.

Hotter than what? Pretty hard to beat a Tesoro for small gold.
December 27, 2015 07:30AM
Hobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frank in NH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I use AT Gold for freshwater hunting as It is
> > hotter on small gold.
>
> Hotter than what? Pretty hard to beat a Tesoro
> for small gold.

I think Frank was referring too an AT Pro not a Tesoro, and I agree an ATGold over an AT Pro for fresh water that would be my choice. AT Gold all metal is great in fresh water black sand, as an edge over the AT Pro.

Paul
December 27, 2015 01:48PM
Paul you are correct, better then AT Pro. I will also say better then Tesoro as I have used them in the past. This is my opinion, but what ever works for you!
December 29, 2015 01:53AM
Been years since I hunted in freshwater but Tesoro's did it for me....with older models ran zero disc and small gold would hit hard and bobbi pin or fish hook etc. would sound ratty....AT3 Garrett also worked well but had leaking problems...imagine the AT pro hunts well also but never used one and doubt if it hits like a Tesoro on small gold....
December 29, 2015 02:36AM
Can't go wrong with the AT-pro or Gold whatever one you can get a better deal. Your gonna have a blast. I would get the At-gold if I had the option but not because it hits harder on small gold but feel it will handle iron better.
December 29, 2015 03:38PM
The Tesoro Tiger shark is hot on small gold (including thin chains) and is truly waterproof (to 200ft). I have the older version with the interchangeable coils 8" and 10" and use it at Lake Michigan. I just chest mount the box and can swing it all day. Never used an AT Pro so I can't say anything about them but I've seen people use them to good success on youtube. Beau Ouimette has videos up there of river finds that would make anyone drool. Some pretty amazing finds.

HH
John
December 29, 2015 04:24PM
I think the At pro or gold are great machines and are great in iron

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 31, 2015 01:35AM
Well spending 2 years up around Stanley Nd I only had the opportunity to hunt the water once, I would recommend a T2, its light weight Or even a Minelab 705, I'll send you some places to hunt. Greg