Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus users wanting to try full tones

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus users wanting to try full tones
January 06, 2016 04:33PM
Folks using Deus with full tones and 0 disc is the real deal the way I see it.

I've been digging nonferrous targets out of heavy iron like no tomorrow.

It is busy audio wise--- but worth the noise for the performance.

Now nonferrous targets in heavy nails/ iron are not as apparent as a person may think.

They are not the tone busting targets like an op will see many times over cleaner ground.o

I encourage folks who want to maybe get a peek into what you might hear on such targets to try the following.

Get you some shears and cut some pieces of small can slaw of various sizes and get you some small pieces of foil-- various sizes
Get you some nail bits of various sizes

Go to Deus fast program, full tones 0 disc.

Start mixing your nonferrous in with the nails, even consider trying to elevate the nails slightly above your nonferrous test targets.

Scatter the nail bits.

What I hear is when I" m sweeping- I'm not hearing necessarily a tone per se that makes me stop to investigate, but the sounds produced with coil movement. As far as the tones " music to one's ears". --- something sounds out of place.

Hard to describe really--- but trust me on this.
Deus is indeed communicating,,, an op just needs to break the code-- so to speak.

I would venture a guess, and not knocking anyone's detecting skills here

But I think a few at least gold dollars have indeed been swept and not dug because the ops either had the detector not set correctly for conditioms or they didn't hear what the Deus Was telling them.

The unit is very impressive in heavy nails--- no doubts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 04:35PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Deus users wanting to try full tones
January 06, 2016 04:51PM
That could be a game changer for heavy iron will have to try it thanks and let you know if and when I switch back to two tone would I dig it on full tone and not two tone???/

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 06, 2016 05:02PM
That's the only way I use the XP Deus.... Zero Disc Full Tones and adjust the Reactivity depending on iron content.

I use other settings for testing and experiments.
January 06, 2016 05:26PM
Keith told me once to hush and quit giving away the secrets TNSS! Lol
January 06, 2016 07:42PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That could be a game changer for heavy iron will
> have to try it thanks and let you know if and when
> I switch back to two tone would I dig it on full
> tone and not two tone???/

In my opinion Lawrenzo, if you are using any disc whatsoever--- you could miss a target vs using some disc, even a little bit, but less is better.
So it's no much being in 2 tones.
And I digging deep in reactivity 3 silencer -1--- deeper than with disc level of 6.

And here's another reason why I think the Deus is performing better with the O disc full tones.
The lowest meter reading I've seen is 01 when running disc at 6 using 3 tone is Deus fast program

In the last few days running Deus fast 94 sens, O disc, I am digging a lot of nonferrous targets out of heavy iron with meter reading of 00. Yes 00 on the meter, that's no typo either.
And I wish I could describe what a person hears better for folks.
Now a person will dig some bigger nails and such occassionally, but take it from me--- I had rather do that than let the big one get away!!!

A site that has been productive in the past with old history with loads of nails and iron-- this is exactly where I would be a hunting using what I recommended ,, even if you have already been there with Deus prior using any coil, any version.

Now I think big iron is actually easier to discern using full tones vs 2 or 3 tone.
And when running full tones you can really break down tone wise what you will hear to the following.

1'. Higher pitch clean signals nonferrous
2. Lower pitch clean signals nonferrous
3. Lower pitch iron signals-- softer sounding
4. Lower pitch iron signals -- hard sounding

And then the sound that is soft sounding-- has a different sounding response, flows somewhat smooth, sounds awfully close to # 3 above-- but not quite

After a person hears this sound and retrieves the target then--- game on..

And as far as giving secrets away.
I believe in sharing and helping folks.

Most paid good money for their equipment--- And I want them to enjoy and get the most out of it.
Besides, none of us here will be around here forever-- so we had better enjoy while we can.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 07:58PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 06, 2016 08:05PM
Deus definitely loves foil and can slaw! Good items to test with. smiling smiley
January 06, 2016 08:13PM
Sounds like Tnss has finally had a EUREKA moment...

Moments that you cant describe to others no matter how you try..

Once your in the ZONE you'll feel like your on cloud nine...

No amount of reading and asking will lead you to in field moments..

But you shouldn't tell everything Tnss..lol.

Keith

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 06, 2016 08:13PM
Those items I chose because of their varying size, plus lower conductors.

And the old gold dollar coin sure won't most likely be a banging a monstrous tone with exceptional Vdi response on the meter.

I love hunting behind minelabs with my Deus too.
Been doing it for a while-- usually with small group hunts.
Those Minelab users seem to always scratch their heads when I turn up with a prize they know they swept their coil over.
January 06, 2016 10:27PM
I would like to get the beta version of the v3.2. I read on a German forum that this was the only FW with the possibility to turn off the embedded iron filter (that doesn't exist when using full tones). According to this comment, XP left it activated and removed the possibility to turn it on and off, because some beta testers complained about something...

When I turn an old, nice square nail around, there is no signal at some angle (at all). Some objects even disappear completely. That's the reason why. Can I download the old beta v. somewhere? winking smiley
January 06, 2016 10:59PM
Drop your ground blal a few points and it can help on those silent square nails...

at least it may be of some help...I too find the quiet nails at times to be bothersome in that they wont report..

a negative ground bal will help to restore them.At least some of them anyways..

as far as a bet Version...Good luck...mayb theres some ou there floating around.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 06, 2016 11:17PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Sounds like Tnss has finally had a EUREKA
> moment...
>
>
> Moments that you cant describe to others no matter
> how you try..
>
> Once your in the ZONE you'll feel like your on
> cloud nine...
>
> No amount of reading and asking will lead you to
> in field moments..
>
> But you shouldn't tell everything Tnss..lol.
>
> Keith
>
>
>
> Keith

No Eureka moment.
Now when I find the first gold coin--- Definitely Eureka moment.

Really,
I think folks get lured into a false sense of sorts--- because the Deus does do a fine job even with some disc.
And sometimes when folks are finding stuff say in iron, nails they think all is OK and they are probably not missing much.
But I definitely know different.
January 07, 2016 05:13AM
I know that I am showing my ignorance when I ask this question.......and the sad fact is that I have owned several Deus's. But I have never used Full Tones. I am going to go in there and read the instructions and all, but I have always hunted in 2 tone but I since I am hunting a VERY naily area right now (and it's producing everyday), I would like to have every advantage possible to me. The owners of the property are about to (in a few days....pending weather) going to lay Zoysia Grass sod on the campsite (it is also their front yard) so I am getting kinda nervous about it.
The upside is that I have unlimited access......until the sodding. The downside is.....they are displaying all of my finds in a "shadow box" that they are building during their remodeling of the house. It's not REALLY a downside. But my selfish-side wants to keep the Springfield buttplate and the powder flask top and the silver coinage and Indian head and wheats and Starr Carbine bullets et cetera. But.....these are very good people who have been very nice to me. Besides, once I dig a relic out of the ground and clean it up.......it just sits inside my display case without ever receiving anymore attention from me. So, perhaps they will get more joy from it. Darn it. (lol)
But, back to Full Tones. Will it really help me in this VERY naily area??? The front yard is simply a mass of old square nails from a building long gone. Every plug that I dig is full of square nails and bits of old red homemade brick. It's one those sites that ya just can't wait to get to!!
I generally use programs 2 and 3 (GM Power and Deus Fast). I ground balance both programs and then switch programs as the density of the nails dictates. I have already went over it in 18 khz. I am now going over it in 12 khz (and coins started popping out!!!) I'll re-read the original post and see if I can glean any info also. Happy Detecting.
January 07, 2016 05:27AM
Kevin,
One of the reasons why you probably never run full tones.

Version 2 didn't offer.

I can't t remember exactly which version ponied up full tones.

And full tones gets ride of all the snaps and pops you hear running say disc 6 in nails.

You may consider to keep doing what you've been a doimg settimg wise, but when you come over one of those harder to detect targets-- mark it and go full tones 0" disc and listen.
After you do this on some targets---- you might have a better idea if it indeed benefits you.
January 07, 2016 05:44AM
Okay, thanks TNSS. I have a new Deus with the Full Tones capabilty. I will try it out tomorrow on some hi tone targets and see what I learn. I just watched several youtube vids of people using it and it seems to be just what I would need in this area. Good night and thanks. Kevin
January 07, 2016 05:44AM
This is version 3.0 info.

Now I know when I was running 2.0 version there were some targets I could not hear in Deus fast reactivity 3 but I could in level 4 settimg.
After reading this --- seems if I would have been running V 3.0 over those same targets-- reactivity level 3 would have probably allowed me to hear them..

[www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com]

Version 3.1 info

Version 3.2 info

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 06:02AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 07, 2016 05:08PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Drop your ground blal a few points and it can help
> on those silent square nails...
>
> at least it may be of some help...I too find the
> quiet nails at times to be bothersome in that they
> wont report..
>
> a negative ground bal will help to restore them.At
> least some of them anyways..
>
> as far as a bet Version...Good luck...mayb theres
> some ou there floating around.
>
> Keith

Thank you, I'm running a pretty aggressive setup with G.B. at "-10" to what is "recommended" by the machine. I'm using a trick to channel the ground noise to a lower 100HZ tone which spreads the ground noise and the good tone into 2 different tones (it also stabilizes the detector at higher sensitivity).

I'm also running "2 Tone" only with the first tone break set to "0". The second tone is acting as disc with the "main disc" set to 0.
Together with a very high sens the Deus is "alive" all the time. But, even with such negative G.B. setting this detector is getting quiet much too often (on small and big targets), which really annoys me. It makes me sometimes very angry to be honest... It's like a sports car with driving aids and no possibility to turn it off. Let's hope the v4 will solve this problem...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 06:06PM by x2000.
January 07, 2016 05:48PM
For me works better pitch and full tones with higher audio response, these modes let the signal to flow better,i had tried good time 4-5 tones 0 disc and im sure i missed a lot,i felt that it takes a lot of time to split the signal in those different pitch channels and sometimes it blocks
January 07, 2016 06:06PM
I posted the above links

In case a person who maybe used a 2.0 version Deus model and then maybe sold or give up on one.

To show them the added features and performance changes

And remember a person can use one of he older versions if they desire.

One thing I think Xp should do is when they post their version update info

They should keep it cumulative

Meaning when a person looks at their version 3.2 --- they should show what each and every preceding version added as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 06:08PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 07, 2016 10:20PM
Alright I did a test, actually a difficult 3D test with nails and dime.

Nails suspended 2" above coin.

I compared Deus fast stock program with disc set to 6.0

And my hunting program which is Basically Deus fast with full tones , 0 disc

Wearing headphones and comparing the 2 programs.

My full tones program is a tiny bit more swing speed friendly and still get the investigate signal-- but make no mistake coil swing speed/ position still very critical IMO.

On the Deus fast program-- dime could be heard but could easily be mistaken for iron reject or nail false IMO
And the horse switching sides on sweeps

A roll of 2" wide tape and a couple of 12 or 16 penny nails and a nickel or dime is all that are needed if a person wants to set themselves up a little test to compare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 10:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 07, 2016 11:56PM
Here's a few years old At Pro Video I did with the tape and nails..

[www.youtube.com]

go to seven minute mark,..

I ways alway's surprised how well the RG1000 V2 did on this test here..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 11:57PM by Keith Southern.
January 09, 2016 01:13AM
Fooled.around with 0/disk full tones. Just in yard ,interesting. I think I could grow to lime in certain types of sites. Depth and recoveryseemed good, I was in what I call deep 12. Would this be lime all metal on a 75/ except you have tones and vdi for I'd.
January 09, 2016 02:33AM
Bflo Wrote:
> Fooled.around with 0/disk full tones. Just in yard
> ,interesting. I think I could grow to lime in
> certain types of sites. Depth and recoveryseemed
> good, I was in what I call deep 12. Would this be
> lime all metal on a 75/ except you have tones and
> vdi for I'd.

The short answer is no.

But a more near comparison would be running an F75 using delta pitch in disc mode not AM.
But Deus overall does better with separation/ unmasking vs F75.

Tones on Deus no matter which tones you use are more free flowing and reported more real time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 02:34AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 09, 2016 03:17AM
I have been using the full tones and no disc for two days now. I am growing to like it very much. I have been finding alot of good stuff embedded in the VERY dense square nails! Found a very old pocket watch today......minus the glass. I have been using the Deus with the wired back phones. I really like the wired backphones and especially the price knock-down.
I have two detectors now that are going to get me through this wonderful spring. The Makro Racer.....with the new 11 inch coil (epoxy filled) along with the other coils.......and the XP Deus with 9 inch coil. I have been using the Deus exclusively since I got it. I'm not really a fanboy of any brand. I just like what works. And these two units have found me some good stuff. Anyway........the Full Tones idea was a good one and I'm thankful.
January 09, 2016 03:25AM
Sounds good Kevin.
January 09, 2016 10:55PM
I am now a beliver. I was always a two-tone, disc at 5.5, kind of guy. But running full tones with disc of 0 made one of my iron infested sites, come to life with non-ferrous targets! Thanks!
January 09, 2016 11:36PM
Stumper,

You are welcome.

Ful tones definitely get rid of those signals that want to tinkle back and forth with what sounds like an iron reject or iron false.

The cattle gate is open so to speak to let the herd in.
January 10, 2016 12:09AM
I'm liking this has well. Can't wait to go.on real hunt with full tones. I feel like I have a new machine again. I think I get bored with the same ol same ol so maybe this will keep me into the deus until the.update comes out
January 10, 2016 02:58AM
Will be experimenting with full tone 0 disc at my CW ghost town site where I found the gold dollar. Maybe their is another that this setup will hit. Over 50 houses/buildings were burned too the ground in early part of war and never rebuilt so carpet of square nails is an understatement lol .
January 10, 2016 03:12AM
silverhound Wrote:
> Will be experimenting with full tone 0 disc at my
> CW ghost town site where I found the gold dollar.
> Maybe their is another that this setup will hit.
> Over 50 houses/buildings were burned too the
> ground in early part of war and never rebuilt so
> carpet of square nails is an understatement lol .

Now you are talking. I would use a 9" coil if you have one.

I'll bet you find some other interesting/ good finds even if no additional gold dollar surfaces.
And who knows you may find another denomination gold coin.

I wish you luck.
Please keeps us abreast of your outcome.

You have the genuine site it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 03:13AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 19, 2016 01:25AM
That's how I run it TNNS. You hear everything. I was a sovereign user for years...always wished it was good in iron, and wouldn't null iron...well, this is my dream sov on steroids ( and a diet,lol)