Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need Help on Detectors

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need Help on Detectors
October 21, 2010 07:06PM
Hi All, I need help to find a detector that is good on coins & rings. I have bad hearing i have aids in both ears, my back is broken, but what is killing me is staying in the house. I need something at a good price,lite,and good to hunt parks that can knot out most trash so i don,t have to get up and down so much. I though about a tesoro, but don,t know about the tones, can i tell the different tones??? any help please. Thanks Dean
Re: Need Help on Detectors
October 21, 2010 09:14PM
Hip-mount a good 'used' CZ......at a reasonable price.
October 21, 2010 10:39PM
Thanks Tom, witch CZ do you think is the best for parks? Thanks Dean
October 22, 2010 01:00AM
Just my opinion but if I had to pick just one CZ , it would be the CZ3D. Four tones, fantastic depth, even some hidden features with this one. You will read a lot about some being better than others and look at the serial numbers. Well, all you need to do is ask if it can see a dime at 10 + inches. If it does it is a good one. If it does not, then it can be calibrated to get max depth. I also have limited hearing and have trouble on the faint signals. But get a good set of headphones and this will allow you to use your hearing aids and get all the sound you can stand.

1. shop around and get a good deal on a CZ3D
2. Get a good set of headphones
3. Get a good shovel ( you will need it)
4. Read all you can find about the CZ3D
5. Go out and have fun. Start out by digging the high tones only and make sure they are 4 way signals
6. then start looking at some of the mid tones, it may surprise you with what you find there.
7. Keep coming back here and post questions, comments and tell us what you have found.

Tom in SC
October 22, 2010 10:28PM
dean, i would also have to recomend a cz! i also have hearing loss and use hearing aids. one of the best things about using a cz is the audioboost feature. it will make faint, weak, deep signals as loud as strong shallow ones. i also like my minelab excalibur as far as being able to hear the audio. i hipmount both and use a straight shaft for both. i dont like stock s-shafts at all!!
another option that i have not tried yet is add on audio amplification.
chuck.
October 24, 2010 03:28PM
What is binary in the context of detecting audio?

Will the CZ3D do everything the 7, 6a, 6, and 5 will do and more?

Can the 3D take a DD coil?

J
October 25, 2010 01:47AM
Yes, the 3D is the better tool.......vs.......the other CZ's.

No DD coil for the CZ.