Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites MX SPORT

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites MX SPORT
January 07, 2016 03:55PM
In my Lost Treasure newsletter, under Product offerings, the back page of the digital Treasure Cache Treasure Annual of 2016 is a full page White's advertisement for the MX Sport. It shows a detector laying on the ground by a stream, of which you can only see the coil and lower rod. The coil is a new round DD design with a yellow sticker that I believe says MX Sport. The caption says Waterproof.

Looks like Whites is coming out with a response to the ATPro.

HH
Mike
Re: Whites MX SPORT
January 07, 2016 04:31PM
Maybe too late for whites they are playing catch-up but are they reinventing the wheel?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 07, 2016 04:57PM
What wheel?

It is hopefully a waterproof development of a respected VLF detector which has found lots of gold nuggets in addition to being a pretty good relic and coin machine - the MXT, but maybe something more like the MX5 - we'll see.

Perhaps while we are waiting for a waterproof Deus or Racer, some folks might like this alternative to an AT.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 05:10PM by lytle78.
January 07, 2016 06:32PM
I look forward to seeing it?
I've got a healthy respect for "White's"
January 07, 2016 06:37PM
I hope its a capable detector like the mxt and fully waterproof.
January 07, 2016 08:02PM
Sounds exciting, hopefully Whites incorporated the same MXT prospecting mode feature with the waterproof detector.

For tough fresh water black sand, all metal is the way to go MXT prospecting mode with SAT is great.

Got my fingers crossed!
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 08:03PM by Old California.
January 07, 2016 08:38PM
I will always have a soft spot for Whites as found my first Silver coin with a XLT. And currently have an XL-PRO with Tone MOD. that is fun to take out from Time to Time.
January 07, 2016 11:59PM
Id love to see a waterproof MXT..

Thanks for posting Mike.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 08, 2016 12:14AM
In the iron when it it comes to separation the Racer might be king. The Deus probably second and the AT Pro series might be third with the 5 x 8. There is more to competing with the AT series than just making a waterproof detector. But I'll hold judgement and wait. Actually I hope Whites has designed a real winner. Time will tell.
January 08, 2016 12:27AM
Exciting news. I was so disappointed their last offering was "water resistant" and seemed still "Prizm like" I would take a waterproof MXTpro or even a M6. Or whatever they have come up with............................................

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 08, 2016 12:58AM
I never knew I could get this excited over a photo of a coil!!!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 08, 2016 01:39AM
Could be just the tip of the iceberg..

if Whites invest in a waterpoof housing they usually have other models to use it on ...

may be getting close to a Waterproof TDI..

Or maybe even a MXT/TDI Hybrid...I would be on cloud nine LOL!!

Coil does look non buoyant by the way..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 08, 2016 01:43AM
If it is a waterproof MXT, wouldn't that mean it will be more expensive than AT-pro? I'm not sure that would be wise, considering White's is showing up late. Just thinking to myself, I don't want to buy a new $800 water detector that won't out perform the At-pro.
January 08, 2016 01:55AM
Lots of speculation .....time will tell.
January 08, 2016 01:58AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could be just the tip of the iceberg..
>
> if Whites invest in a waterpoof housing they
> usually have other models to use it on ...
>
> may be getting close to a Waterproof TDI..
>
> Or maybe even a MXT/TDI Hybrid...I would be on
> cloud nine LOL!!
>
> Coil does look non buoyant by the way..
>
> Keith
We don't want another "neutral buoyant" coil from Whites. For those who don't know. Neutral Buoyant Whites coils float!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 08, 2016 02:56AM
Lets throw this out there
Waterproof meaning submersible as well, to what depth?

Many things are considered waterproof when dropped into the water and float. But when submersed beneath the water it will start to leak.

Is it just another version of their current VLF water machines in a similar box mounted under the armcuff?

Or is it AT Pro like with a target ID Screen.

Maybe late in the game, think those interested in the Quest are going to pass on it and go for the White's?

Hope its good'in

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 08, 2016 03:27AM
Lets dream Big Sven!!!

I'm still hoping for a waterproof to just say 10 feet TDI..

But its more its a Hybrid to boot LOL!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 08, 2016 03:41AM
Really about time a decent VLF+ water machine came out instead of the same ole ones that have been kicking around for ages.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 08, 2016 03:54AM
For me I have to wonder a company that was at the top of its game and then drops offs in the production of new and exciting products...V3 had it not for relic hunting where I live...can they make a come back or keep up with some of the new machines coming out of Europe...I hope so it would be nice for a company to wake up and have developed the next phase in detecting....we seem to creep a little every few years. So I'll keep an open mind and hope they have taken all of this time to climb up the ladder again...I don't need a water machine but it would be cool to hunt in streams and creeks

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 08, 2016 05:12AM
Makes even more sense now why White's just discontinued the MXT non-Pro.

The tried-and-true MXT is such a great detector, that even with just some overdue evolutionary changes, the MX Sport should succeed. That thing would be sweet for prospecting in and around streams up here in Idaho. My only hope is that they keep the prospecting mode and maybe make a few other tweaks/improvements like manual ground balance and, heck, even an XLT/DFX-style spectragraph to increase the resolution of the VDI. Just don't want to see a dumbed-down less user adjustable model like the MX5 turned out to be.

But this sure looks like the real deal. Here's the link to FCC page showing a new low power wireless product ID for the MX Sport, just issued last month:

https://fccid.io/KHS800-0347
January 08, 2016 06:20PM
Without the MXT prospecting mode, then it really won't be beneficial for those in tough black sand. Disc mode is useless, plus I'll take an MXT prospecting all metal mode over an AT Gold all metal anytime.

Got my fingers crossed, be great seeing this new model work as a relic machine too. Hope the have smaller coils, don't care for the large coil in the pic for fresh water or trashy areas.

Paul
January 08, 2016 06:37PM
You Hit Nail on the head Paul..

Very congruent with how I feel..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 08, 2016 07:29PM
khouse Wrote:
We don't want another "neutral buoyant" coil from
> Whites. For those who don't know. Neutral
> Buoyant Whites coils float!

Ain't that the truth

I've often pondered on how to make my surfmaster coil NOT float... Like glueing some ROCKS on top of it or something! lol

Side note = agree with the waterproof MXT idea 110% or better yet = a hybrid type TDI/VLF waterproof machine = that'd be the cat's meow for sure grinning smiley
January 08, 2016 09:05PM
"Yeah, like I said, I'm interested to see it whatever it may be?

What is also interesting is seeing other's 'wish-list's' for it!
"Waterproof, Prospecting, Meter, this quality, that quality etc.

One thing is for certain and that's everyone won't be happy with it.
Just the way it is and how it will pan out.

Probably never going to have 'The Perfect Detector' for everyone!!"
January 09, 2016 12:12AM
A lot of guys have made many suggestions on this forum and elsewhere on ways to improve the MXT. Manual ground balance option, a more informative display, plus a modern lighter housing, come to mind. Dual frequency would be a dream come true, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that one. Hopefully White's has been listening and incorporates at least a few of the most often voiced suggestions. Totally agree with Old California that small coils are a must. Wonder if existing MXT/V-series coils will be compatible? Looks like the lower rod setup is the same, so maybe.

But in the end, my only real hope is that this new model sells well enough to keep White's in the game. I get the feeling that White's has been on the ropes for awhile now, and maybe this new mid-level model will keep them in the game long enough to put some real effort into R&D on other new models, like a new flagship.

Even if the MX Sport is just a small incremental improvement, I'll probably buy one anyway, if for no other reason than to do my part to help White's sales numbers and in business a little longer. It'd be a shame to see White's close their doors. C'mon White's, we're rootin' for ya.
January 09, 2016 03:20AM
Hopefully some more info released sometime soon. It would be nice as I am in the market for a new detector...Come on White's give us something here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 03:24AM by scoooter.
January 09, 2016 03:23AM
What if it's just a new mx sport waterproof coil?
January 09, 2016 03:34AM
I was mistaken. All the pics are on fcc oet authorization site since 12/1/15. Looks like a waterproof treasure pro. 4 aa batteries under arm rest. Cool at 14khz
January 09, 2016 03:39AM
January 09, 2016 04:06AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> [apps.fcc.gov]
> Report.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&called
> FromFrame=N&application_id=q7JhMynUOQqxb8KCYBByuA%
> 3D%3D&fcc_id=KHS800-0347

Thanks for posting that DetectingMO. Now that I see the new detector, I can't lie, it looks really good. I am now looking forward to this one. Just sold my At-pro to buy a CZ3D. I intend to get another water detector when summer comes back around and this one is now at the top of the list. Just wondering what the price will be.