Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

After reading Trond's post I went and started looking at different CZs... what is the difference?

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Most of them look a lot alike. What is the difference between the CZ-7, CZ-6, CZ-6a, CZ-5, CZ3D, and any others I might have missed. I can see the difference in the CZ-20/21... it is pretty obvious. I see the difference it the analog meter and digital meter on some... I am mostly interested in the units with the analog meters, I assume the 3D has an analog meter, from it's looks but I have been scared away from the 3D because of all the talk of units not being tuned correctly.
I've never used a CZ and I see some sell pretty cheaply, it might be a fun machine to try. I notice the Cz6 and 6a have a salt switch. How water resistant are they?

Do they run both frequencies at the same time?

Thanks for any comments.

Julien
I think the best choice will be a CZ6a or a CZ3D that ...IS... correctly tuned.

The ones with 7s in them seem a bit slower...
I have a 3D and a 70 Pro. The 70 is hard to beat, not sure if 'd say its slower though. I got a 7aPro for a buddy of mine last spring and he smoked me many a time finding deep wheats and silver dimes over the summer.
I think its very safe to say all the CZ's are great machines.
Their actual real-world performance are virtually identical.......with the only difference being ....... a correct CZ-3D will ID targets better to slightly greater depths......and will ID a lot more of the old-generation coins with a 'high-tone' (coin tone).

The 7's CZ's ...........and the CZ-6 and 6a are rainproof/splashproof/dustproof.
hey there
Correct me if I am wrong,but I have come to the conclusion that the power of the Quicksilvers have
in some ways been underestimated or undercommunicated.
Firstly the fact that it is a real double frequency detector capable of defining objects correctly down
to max depth - second that it has expanded low end capabilities which in turn has resulted in
rather "compacted" high end definition characteristics.
To illustrate this I will use some of the coins I have found here in Norway.
The thin low denomination hammereds always come in on the foil segment,on the round pull tab or on the
square pt.segment.
When the coin size and the silver contents increases the Domaine Fourier signal analysing system
on the CZ puts the coin on the square tab segment,- but to complicate the picture a bit remember
that we are still talking about rather thin coins with diameter up to the size of a quarter.
If the thickness increases the coin almost always will hit in one of the two upper segments.
To show what I mean by "compacted" I will use some more modern silver pieces.
1878 ...10 ore silver cont. 40% - copper 60% diam.apr.16mm......weight 1.45 grams
1878 ... 2 crown silver cont. 80% - copper 20% diam.apr.32mm....weight 15.0 grams.
If the small 10 ore is not to heavy worn down these two coins will hit on the exact same segment
-the uppermost.
When used correctly and with 5" on the rod this old unit is a real thrash buster.....after all these
years.
Happy hunting and remember that old is not always best,- but maybe -better.....
trond

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2010 03:41AM by trond.
Thanks all... I like the weatherproofing part. I've always wanted to try a 3d but have always been pu off because, well... i'd always be wondering if it was tuned correctly. Does it have the same tones as the F75 in 4H or are they the same but better, F75 tones always sound a little harsh to me and the LTD in BP bounces like crazy if a target has any depth... does the 3d have a more stable TID at depth?

Is the 3d weatherproof or can it be put in a weatherproof box? Is the CZ-21 basically the same thing in a waterproof design?

J
True...........the CZ platform sometimes is underrated. It does indeed utilize two primary frequencies at all times. It (in general) does ID to greater depths........on solo/clear targets. The 4 tones in the T2/F75 are modeled after the CZ.
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> True...........the CZ platform sometimes is
> underrated. It does indeed utilize two primary
> frequencies at all times. It (in general) does ID
> to greater depths........on solo/clear targets.
> The 4 tones in the T2/F75 are modeled after the
> CZ.

On a different note, Tom, you got me thinking about Dave Johnson and his designs - using previously proven technology in newer units. Wouldn't it be nice to have a more programmable "Omega LTD CZ" (multiple frequency) deep sounding unit? One can dream...
Cherish that dream. Keep that dream. "The Dream Is Alive"
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cherish that dream. Keep that dream. "The Dream Is
> Alive"

Might have been my first LOL at this forum, and at the same time, I saw a light...