Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus on the beach

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus on the beach
January 22, 2016 07:56PM
I just got back from Cocoa Beach," I know I should of stayed there". It was in the 65* to 70* a little wind but good beach hunting. I seen three other beach hunters and they were not doing very good. The beach was cleaned of about all good finds. I took the Deus and put it in Dry Beach and stared to hunt. I got a lot of foil and new drop pull tabs. I went to the wet sand and the Deus went nuts, I though what " then I remembered I need to put in Wet Beach, after that I didn't even think my Deus was on, so quit I put my scoop over the coil to see if it was working. I was there about 30Mins. and not a hit. Went back to dry sand and though about Tom;s Micro Jewely, he talked about that most people didn't get. I put the Deus in Gold Field and ground balanced. Stared to get very small foil and rusted wire. Got a good hit and had to use me hand held pin pointer to find it but it was a small gold stud ear ring with stone. I though Tom sure knows his detecting. Little more foil and bang that good sound again, out came a stud with a little bigger stone. I just wish I could of stayed for a week,but time was up. Don't think the Deus is just a coin detector for it dose very good on the beach.
Re: Deus on the beach
January 22, 2016 09:01PM
Nice report and good job on that earring stud. If one has the patience and fortitude to hunt like that, those types of finds will come. I hope the next one for you is a thin gold ring with a nice big REAL diamond....the kind of target coin hunters will pass over and those without any patience and fortitude would think it's just another piece of foil.

Micro jewelry hunting is fun on those nice days like that and the Deus can fit that type of hunting perfectly...especially with the lightweight wireless headphones and nothing but a stem and coil to swing.
January 22, 2016 09:12PM
Having a MD that flexible saved the day. Which coil were you using? Hearing V4 coming this spring should help in wet sand.
I was at Jetty Park in Oct. and got a gold plated costume ring had me going for a minute. Went to the Pier and got a lot of change but nothing else. I was using a ET and working in the wet sand at low tide. I need to go to the Deus for the dry sand it seems. You got me thinking now. Thanks for sharing.
January 23, 2016 02:16AM
Thanks for the replys, I was using the 9" coil. I am looking forward to the V4 upgrade. One thing that I like about the Deus is if I get the V4 upgrade and don't like it I can go back to the V3.2 . One thing about the Deus, is even in all metal mode you still have VDIs . Most bobie pins came at 00 VDI I still dig them to be sure that was what it was. The V4 is to make the VDIs better, but they work just fine now. Can't wait till Spring comes. flintstone
January 23, 2016 01:16PM
Congrat's on the two gold earrings. Your evolutionary process of different types of beach hunting... with the results of: 'finding nothing'....... 'finding nothing'....... and more of 'finding nothing' ......,,,,,,,,,............ put you in 'desperation' mode.......... pushing you into the challenge/pains of micro-jewelry hunting......... and it paid off........ twice! This is/was the exact evolutionary process that I transgressed ...... and "discovered" the un-tapped world of "Micro-Jewelry" hunting.
January 23, 2016 03:38PM
Yes Tom, it is there. You just have to take the time to go slow and dig a lot of trash. I need a scoop with small holes. I think I will buy a plastic one and drill smaller holes just for mico jewelry. I can put it in a back pack and have when the desperation mode kicks in like Tom said.
January 24, 2016 10:58AM
Flinty,

Question for you...

When you switched to GF Mode and began again were you on the wet or the dry?

Des D
January 24, 2016 04:27PM
Hi D, I was on the dry beach, I didn't try Gold Field on the wet. I never though of it, I just had it in Wet Beach mode and it is as quite as a mouse until you hit a target. I hit some deep iron in the wet sand but the wave keep filling the hole. I new it was iron from the VDIs, it never missed a target. I was digging everything in dry sand and even the foil VDi was right but I would dig it anyway. I knew that beach hunting would be bad this time of the year, but I am glad I got to try the Deus. I have a BHID, but it will work on your arm after a hr or two. I think I will get the water kit for the Deus and that will be all I use this year. I got the Deus the first of Dec. and have found 5 rings in parks so far. I have 9 detectors and if the Deus keeps doing as good as it has I will sell all the others. I am not a pro detectorist so if anyone has a Deus please try it on the beach. I hope everyone has as good luck with there as I did with mine. Someone else try and let me know how it did. flintstone
January 24, 2016 07:50PM
Flinty,

Thanks for that very informative reply.
You sound like you know what's goin' on all right!
If I'm honest a Deus wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice for the beach!

S'funny but, Cocoa Beach was the first beach I ever stopped at many years before I actually moved to Florida and lived on the beach (Gulf Coast)
Back then it was ' a lil bet seedy' and I remember a package store (state store) right on the waterfront...could be all changed now?

Thanks.

Des D