Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White's MX Sport making a splash. Video

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
White's MX Sport making a splash. Video
January 24, 2016 04:24AM
Re: White's MX Sport making a splash. Video
January 24, 2016 11:57AM
I'm still not a fan of the multi teaser video release system. Keep it quiet until it is released. I guess Whites is trying to build hype with these teaser videos. Well the teaser system only works if the product delivers. Look no further than the Deteknix Quest Pro. A naming competition and compared very early to the Deus. I have never held one, but from videos I have seen I never will. And I don't think any detector will ever match the hype that the Racer achieved during release. Just put it on the market. If it has good qualities the word will spread. I hope it is everything that Whites wants it to be. To be honest I think Whites needs a winner to stay in the game. If they really want to get this detector to move off the shelves and get hype rolling then keep the price low or offer package deals with multiple coils. I look forward to seeing the MX Sport in some hunting videos. Hopefully I wont see the average hunter throwing his detector in a lake. I played golf with a guy who threw his club in one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 01:14PM by goodmore.
January 24, 2016 12:49PM
I think it's great, it doing what it is suppose to getting people to talk about it. Some like this type introductio, some do not. Some will think the MX5 is great some will not. It boils down to hunting style, what you hunt for, ground conditions etc.. There is not a perfect manufacturer or machine. The other thing is the forums are a small percentage of people who metal detect plus the nice thing about the release this way is you do not have to watch the teasers. Just wait until they hit the shelves of your local dealer then decide if it is a detector that interests you or not.
January 24, 2016 03:45PM
"I liked it!

What it does have is GOOD Audio. thumbs down

Can't stand videos with poor audio. thumbs up

Kinda reminds me of my own testing when I threw 'weighted' CTX' in the water and retrieving them several hours later! (of course I waded & snorkelled with them as well)...even verified the GPS worked when submerged (about a foot or so)

Well done Steve...look fwd to some more!"

Des D
January 24, 2016 06:53PM
Whites needs to send this guy back to Repeat"coil swinging 101".
January 24, 2016 07:06PM
I'm either going to buy the MX Sport or the AT Gold for my water machine, but I'll wait until White's gets the bugs out of the Sport. I bought the MX5 early and it had multiple problems. Still don't think it works right.
January 24, 2016 07:07PM
I am hoping for a release this Friday 1/29. According to Steve H., this was to be released in Feb., but got pushed up because of information leaks. I heard some sites are taking pre-orders as well.
January 24, 2016 07:12PM
I'll wait for the video of someone on a saltwater beach using this single-freq detector in chest deep water and along the surf ... have to wonder how much the sensitivity is truncated in beach mode to keep it from going crazy.
wjs
January 24, 2016 10:57PM
I am going to sit this one out until I see some real tests or can get together with KHouse and test one. He is going to get one and maybe I can talk him into meeting me and we can do some videos. Maybe compare it to some other detectors. Seems like a lot of detectors do fairly well on high conductor targets but most seem to struggle to correctly ID nickels at any depth. I remember the MX5 was like that. Hopefully the MX Sport does better on them.
January 24, 2016 11:23PM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll wait for the video of someone on a saltwater
> beach using this single-freq detector in chest
> deep water and along the surf ... have to wonder
> how much the sensitivity is truncated in beach
> mode to keep it from going crazy.
It's not made to compete with the 3030's, CZ's and Excalibur's for wet salt. It even says in the manual you would be better off using a multi frequency machine if your serious about salt water hunting. The Atpro can't hunt well in the salt either. The MXS's target market are the ATpro and Gold users.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 24, 2016 11:25PM
wjs Wrote:
> I am going to sit this one out until I see some
> real tests or can get together with KHouse and
> test one. He is going to get one and maybe I can
> talk him into meeting me and we can do some
> videos. Maybe compare it to some other detectors.
> Seems like a lot of detectors do fairly well on
> high conductor targets but most seem to struggle
> to correctly ID nickels at any depth. I remember
> the MX5 was like that. Hopefully the MX Sport does
> better on them.
I'll make sure I bring another MXS in case you want one yourself! LOL I'll let you know when they come in......

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
wjs
January 24, 2016 11:52PM

I'll make sure I bring another MXS in case you want one yourself! LOL I'll let you know when they come in......

Excellent idea. But now I guess I am going to have to pay double for it huh....Lol
January 25, 2016 12:16AM
wjs Wrote:
> I'll make sure I bring another MXS in case you
> want one yourself! LOL I'll let you know when they
> come in......
>
> Excellent idea. But now I guess I am going to have
> to pay double for it huh....Lol
Pay double plus trade your 3030.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 25, 2016 02:28AM
Glad you guys can be the suckers. Lol. Will be interest in your land hunting thoughts bill. I don't do water.
January 25, 2016 03:44AM
wjs Wrote:
> I am going to sit this one out until I see some
> real tests or can get together with KHouse and
> test one. He is going to get one and maybe I can
> talk him into meeting me and we can do some
> videos. Maybe compare it to some other detectors.
> Seems like a lot of detectors do fairly well on
> high conductor targets but most seem to struggle
> to correctly ID nickels at any depth. I remember
> the MX5 was like that. Hopefully the MX Sport does
> better on them.

Sounds like you Guys won't have many Parks left to do your Test Video's?
January 25, 2016 10:21AM
I'll wait. 28 inches of snow! I don't think I'll be seeing unfrozen dirt for a while. The snow sure is beautiful. Thank goodness I spent some money last year on a new snow blower instead of a detector. I had to blow a patch for my collie to do her business.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2016 10:33AM by goodmore.
January 25, 2016 02:39PM
goodmore Wrote:
> I'll wait. 28 inches of snow! I don't think I'll
> be seeing unfrozen dirt for a while. The snow sure
> is beautiful. Thank goodness I spent some money
> last year on a new snow blower instead of a
> detector. I had to blow a patch for my collie to
> do her business.

not much snow left here but the ground is really frozen. I was hoping it would thaw yesterday but it's just a slimy inch on top of ice. Next weekend for sure! We have a 4 day thaw this week and close to 60 Saturday. Not normal for MO. Hopefully that keeps the ground from getting too frozen before spring.
January 25, 2016 04:35PM
Is that it? It's waterproof what else does it do that sets it apart from the At Gold and others? And what can it do in the dirt?confused smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 03:49AM by Lawrenzo.
January 25, 2016 04:44PM
"And what can it do in the dirt?"

Apparently, it is supposed to have lightning fast recovery speed.
January 25, 2016 05:26PM
"I am hoping for a release this Friday 1/29. According to Steve H., this was to be released in Feb., but got pushed up because of information leaks."

I am pretty sure that meant product announcement was meant for February but happened earlier due to leak from FCC site. Which note to White's - information officially posted on a government website is not a leak. Expect it and plan for it. We have guys that do nothing but watch the FCC for this sort of stuff.

In any case, I have used the AT Pro and AT Gold and with all due respect to Garrett the machines lack a bit in physical design. Stuff like a coil connector recessed such that I can't get my fingers around it bugs me. The MX Sport may weigh more but I have a sneaking suspicion looking at it that it is going to feel pretty good on my arm. The AT is a tad nose heavy and the extra weight in the MX Sport goes in balancing the machine with the battery pack underarm. Looks like White's took a tip from XP on the design of the grip. The big bold display is way better for my eyes than the AT display. Good VLFs these days are all so good all I am really looking for is stuff that feels good on my arm and sounds good to my ear. Something enjoyable to use, since I can do well with most any of them. My F75 Ltd2 and V3i are up for sale to be replaced by the MX Sport as soon as I can lay hands on one.
January 25, 2016 06:50PM
Looks like a waterproof version of their Treasure Pro except at 13khz instead of 8khz. The control Box display looks the same.
HH
John
January 25, 2016 06:57PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> "And what can it do in the dirt?"
>
> Apparently, it is supposed to have lightning fast
> recovery speed.

here's a quote from Andy Sabisch who's apparently been testing it since November;

"I found it extremely sensitive and targets at 8" sounded like they were on the surface."

now that's quite a statement!
January 25, 2016 09:12PM
If it's your thing, the all metal features should be a little deeper than the Gold (assuming comparable to the MXT). Thats one thing White's has on alot of machines is a smooth all metal. Eagerly awaiting reports. I used an Mxt when I got back into detecting and found a lot of good stuff. Can't say there's anything about one I really have to have though. All 3 are good machines, but for my needs I'd take a Racer/AT Pro/MXT in that order. I have nibbles on the racer build quality, but its a good machine. Mine kicked butt in the wet sand of OBX. What other single freq can do that?

I've read several times now some think the MX5 is a bit deeper than the MXT coil for coil? If that's so and the MX Sport is the next progression of the MX5, that's encouraging.
January 25, 2016 09:16PM
canslawhero Wrote:

> "...and targets at 8" sounded like they were on the surface."

And at 9" everything was quiet. winking smiley