Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coil question for Keith

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coil question for Keith
February 12, 2016 12:40PM
Keith-----When you tested the new Racer 2-----Did you see any difference in performance with this new 5" coil they are coming out for it in the Racer 2 Pro Pack versus the small OOR coil?----With the small OOR coil so highly thought of (performance)---wonder why Makro has went to the round 5"?-----Or has the performance of these two coils been essentially the same?-----I know you have stated you love OOR DD coils.-------------Del
Re: Coil question for Keith
February 12, 2016 01:55PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>wonder why Makro has went to
> the round 5"?-

I would speculate cheaper to manufacture with the same performance.
February 12, 2016 05:53PM
Del...... for the past few weeks, I've been trying to validate/proof/verify this. So far....... the ability of user adjustable tone-break in concert with Disc...... can really add 'variables' into the equation........ making it a bit more difficult to definitively validate.
February 12, 2016 07:07PM
You Know Del hard to say..

I didn't get a NEW ROUND 5 for the R2 I got the OOR5 ...

But do have a ROUND 5 coil on the Fors platform And it works Very very well..That Round 5 is what got me the 14kt Gold Pen Nib in a Iron infested spot..So I'm impressed with that coil too..:LOL!!

But to cross check the two I don't have a round5 and OOR5 on same platform..

As Tom say's its hard to crosscheck..

I love the OOR5 on the Racer and CoRe..but it may be the architecture of the units just taking advantage of small coils more than the OOR round shape doing the magic...

I may also add why we are on the coils ..the new Racer 2 stock coil will be different then the one shown...it will be more center lug mounted like the CoRe uses..And hopefully will be even more ergonomic.

I almost would bet they went to a round small coil because the OOR coil broke so many coil covers??

We also have to remember just because a coil is round on the outside we don't know how the winding shape is on the inside..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2016 07:12PM by Keith Southern.
February 12, 2016 09:35PM
Good answers guys, thanks mucho.----All I know is----that 5" coil is going to have a mighty hard act to follow with the small OOR.-----That little OOR has found me so many good non-ferrous targets (mainly old coins) in iron plaqued sites--and I mean nasty iron!-----Just a short time ago--it pulled me out an old W.L. half out of an old ghost town area that was just LOADED with iron.----I'd been over that area any number of times with top machine/coil combos.----They all missed it but it didn't fool the Racer/small OOR coil.------That's the best way I know to really test a detector "in the wild"----grill an area every way till Sunday and then go back in (preferably on the same hunt) with another combo & do the same exact thing (as much as possible).-----Doing that & flagging individual targets "in the wild" has/does reveal PLENTY (for me anyhow).------------Del