Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new mxsport video. has deus and atpro

Posted by bigboar 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: new mxsport video. has deus and atpro
February 16, 2016 06:20PM
So you are saying, that, videos so skewed is a common place practice among advertisers? Well, how many people watching those videos thought, "Yea, I cant wait to buy a pick-up truck, so I can haul....A PICK-UP TRUCK???? That type of advertisement was not designed to get people to do those things with pick-ups. It was a statement saying "this truck is tough" not, buy it so you can do crazy things with it. Back then people had more common sense. It's much different when you show a video saying, "this detector will blow the others away in unmasking", then have a test that is not fair. FOR THE RECORD, I am not an ATPRO fan OR a Deus fan. I just dislike IMO, false advertising.

khouse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "It shows that made in the US doesn't mean they
> > play fair the the US"
> >
> > This is the meat of it. How can I support a
> > company that produces videos of their products
> > that are blatantly biased to the point of
> > dis-information. A companies pride is-"We can
> make
> > a better product", not "we can cheat to make
> our
> > product look better."
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> [www.youtube.com]
February 16, 2016 06:28PM
My criteria for the MX Sport is pretty simple since I would get it primarily for wading. If it performs above average on land that would be a bonus.

Swings easily under water with minimal resistance.

Good balance and ergos (see above)

DD coil and electronics must be able to see through cold rocks/cobbles in my lakes with good enough ID enough to avoid zincs when they are a bother. (I dig them when coins are not plentiful enough to slow me down.. Ya never know when a lunker 18-22K ring is going to show up)

I don't do micro jewelry however, it absolutely MUST be deep on men's bands, as they are the bulk of jewelry finds while wading. Fisher 1270 depth in fresh water would be great. The relic mode should be just the ticket.
February 16, 2016 06:30PM
Me a Deus fan boy. For good reason(s).

And let's not forget---- what happens when another manufacturer breaks out with a supposed relic/ gold machine

Looks like most pull out the Deus or Xp Goldmaxx series -- to in fact compare

Why??

I can only guess.
February 16, 2016 08:40PM
I was just showing a commercial that I remembered being hard to believe. On the pulled back side view the Ford is not bouncing around. Almost like going up a paved road. Then they show the front view where it's bouncing off of rocks. Most companies show their products in the best way possible. Some stretching the truth. I didn't see the video in question. But it sounds like they took some of the MXS's strong points and played down the competitions.. I have set up a head to head MXS vs Atpro field challenge. I'm sure I can line up a Deus as well. It will be filmed for all to criticize. I am also curious of how the MXS performs. To me it already beats the Atpro having a larger display, backlight, tracking and tone options. Not to mention the other features.
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> So you are saying, that, videos so skewed is a
> common place practice among advertisers? Well, how
> many people watching those videos thought, "Yea, I
> cant wait to buy a pick-up truck, so I can
> haul....A PICK-UP TRUCK???? That type of
> advertisement was not designed to get people to do
> those things with pick-ups. It was a statement
> saying "this truck is tough" not, buy it so you
> can do crazy things with it. Back then people had
> more common sense. It's much different when you
> show a video saying, "this detector will blow the
> others away in unmasking", then have a test that
> is not fair. FOR THE RECORD, I am not an ATPRO fan
> OR a Deus fan. I just dislike IMO, false
> advertising.
>
> khouse Wrote:
> -----
> > Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > "It shows that made in the US doesn't mean
> they
> > > play fair the the US"
> > >
> > > This is the meat of it. How can I support a
> > > company that produces videos of their
> products
> > > that are blatantly biased to the point of
> > > dis-information. A companies pride is-"We can
> > make
> > > a better product", not "we can cheat to make
> > our
> > > product look better."
> >
> > [www.youtube.com]
> > [www.youtube.com]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
February 16, 2016 08:47PM
"To me it already beats the Atpro having a larger display, backlight, tracking and tone options. Not to mention the other features." I agree with that most def. However, I have first hand experience with the Deus(My Dad owns one) and that sucker has super fast recovery. I can't see the MX sport doing better than that. The Racer is almost as fast, if not AS fast. like I said, I was all ready to buy the Mx Sport. It looks like a great detector for the price. But, I am a very principled person. I cant stand shadiness and dishonesty.
February 16, 2016 11:08PM
I understand.
I really can't think of any other "company produced" video that actually compared their machine to the other brands? If so I would like to see them.. Most of the time it's a company guy at a park bench waving nails and coins over the coil. That in itself is lame too...... Maybe the marketing isn't spot on? But what have we seen in the past from Whites? Nothing exciting for sure. All I can say is they are trying hard. I fully expect to now see the usual Whites video showing all the features and yes, a guy at a park bench waving nails and coins over the coil...
I personally never thought the MXS would beat my etrac at deep coin hunting. Nor do I think it will beat an Excalibur or CZ20/21 in the ocean. Or prospect better than a Gpz or even an old Gold Bug. All I want it to do it be my Swiss arm knife of a machine. Just like the Atpro but better. If it does most things well then I'm happy. It is possible it will do some things super? We just don't know? But I have been hoping for someone to release an Atpro killer for years! The MXS would appear to be one that will do it? Not that the Atpro is an inferior machine - it is not. I've owned at least 4. I was almost ready to get another one but then the MXS was found out.
Me and Bill_S will be comparing it against the Atpro and if he still has it the Deus?
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> "To me it already beats the Atpro having a larger
> display, backlight, tracking and tone options. Not
> to mention the other features." I agree with that
> most def. However, I have first hand experience
> with the Deus(My Dad owns one) and that sucker has
> super fast recovery. I can't see the MX sport
> doing better than that. The Racer is almost as
> fast, if not AS fast. like I said, I was all ready
> to buy the Mx Sport. It looks like a great
> detector for the price. But, I am a very
> principled person. I cant stand shadiness and
> dishonesty.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
February 16, 2016 11:32PM
TNSS - That was my point about the Pro Staffers that other companies are using and saying Whites deviated from the current trend in detector manufacturers. They are using a different marketing strategy that is similar to the cut throat advertising like what vehicle manufacturers do in commercials, or cell phone service providers. They show a brief, widely exaggerated "comparison" of their product vs the "other guys"...even though it is not necessarily true. Take Verizon wireless for example. They always show their network as being superior with the best coverage maps. Or side by side time lapse videos in commercials for clothing stain removers or grease cutting power of dish detergent. It is widely accepted in other platforms but is meeting resistence with the metal detecting crowd. The Whites guys were just trying to establish a humorous relatable video face...just like Flo with Progressive insurance, etc.
February 16, 2016 11:49PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> TNSS - That was my point about the Pro Staffers
> that other companies are using and saying Whites
> deviated from the current trend in detector
> manufacturers. They are using a different
> marketing strategy that is similar to the cut
> throat advertising like what vehicle manufacturers
> do in commercials, or cell phone service
> providers. They show a brief, widely exaggerated
> "comparison" of their product vs the "other
> guys"...even though it is not necessarily true.
> Take Verizon wireless for example. They always
> show their network as being superior with the best
> coverage maps. Or side by side time lapse videos
> in commercials for clothing stain removers or
> grease cutting power of dish detergent. It is
> widely accepted in other platforms but is meeting
> resistence with the metal detecting crowd. The
> Whites guys were just trying to establish a
> humorous relatable video face...just like Flo with
> Progressive insurance, etc.
Well said. FYI - Flo is a Whites fan.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
February 17, 2016 12:54AM
FLO. .....

This cracks me up

I do like humor, as long as it is not misplaced.

I think in what we are referring to here-- It is.

Take the splash video. Okay, the detector went for a dunk, and was retrieved.
What did we see after??? In the video,,,, nota- nothing to get my attention or satisfy my appetite.

Would rather have seen some over the ground performance with target retrieval vs detector going into the lake.

And the blindfold and banana video--- again I would have like to have seen some over the ground performance with target retrieval.
Not a pin the tail on the donkey experiment with a banana with a coin inside.
February 17, 2016 01:10AM
tnsharpshooter wrote:
"Well, I ain't seen no MX Sport in the hands of a "Pro Staff" person.

Actually I am a little disappointed--- meaning it seems certain folks are quiet on this issue

Maybe if some of the pro staffers would speak up-- this so- called lame marketing would stop."

I believe that Andy Sabisch was one of the MXSport testers, I probably would consider him a "pro-staffer". I wonder why he doesn't pipe up.
I am sure he probably sees the posts on this and other forums with regard to the cheap video's Whites is dumping on the Internet.
Whites might have lended considerable legitimacy to the new MXSport had Andy done a professional test video for Whites,
but maybe that would cause a conflict issue with his XP ties?

Even in light of the poor message I still would consider buying one, made in the USA and built to typical Whites standards.
Whites service is the "GOLD-Standard" in the industry. That's about all I have to say about it.
February 17, 2016 01:16AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> FLO. .....
>
> This cracks me up
>
> I do like humor, as long as it is not misplaced.
>
> I think in what we are referring to here-- It is.
>
> Take the splash video. Okay, the detector went
> for a dunk, and was retrieved.
> What did we see after??? In the video,,,, nota-
> nothing to get my attention or satisfy my
> appetite.
>
> Would rather have seen some over the ground
> performance with target retrieval vs detector
> going into the lake.
>
> And the blindfold and banana video--- again I
> would have like to have seen some over the ground
> performance with target retrieval.
> Not a pin the tail on the donkey experiment with a
> banana with a coin inside.
Flo wears white so she's a Whites fan........
What I personally saw in the "splash video"? I didn't see the crazy guy throwing the machine in the water. Nor did I see an even crazier guy waded around to find the machine. What I did see was the coil did not float. Also I saw that the control head didn't float either. If you've ever fell water skiing you know that the water is not forgiving. Some machines could have broke. I do know some machines have coil ears that break if you cut wind on them. I have used an Atpro under water and you do have to exert constant down pressure to keep the head from floating. It does wear on your arm after several hours. I don't see this happening with the MXS.

What I saw on the Banana video - OK, you got me on that one!! LOL.
February 17, 2016 01:52AM
I think some people just can't grasp the humor they were shooting for. Wasn't there a Mtn Dew commercial where the guy runs down a cheetah while riding a bicycle and then jumps on its back and takes an empty Dew can from him? "Bad cheetah" Lol that commercial had nothing to do with how the product tastes or performs. Nobody really believes a guy could run a cheetah down...and certainly wouldn't jump on ones back to wrestle it for a Dew. Yet it still generated talk. The same goes for those Jack Links jerky commercials....messin with Sasquatch. Those are funny, I don't care who you are. But they have nothing to really do with the jerky itself and as far as I know, nobody is really messing with Sasquatch. smiling smiley

What you guys are wanting is a serious review/breakdown of a detector...something like a Consumer Reports review of products...which doesn't generate as much talk as a intro video ad commercial. Once this thing is out, there will be plenty of those to go around/watch to get into the ins and outs. And I guarantee there will be people complaining and whining about how those are done too (not done right, etc)...unless it shows their current detector pick as being superior to it. Then it will be considered a good "honest" review.
February 17, 2016 02:13AM
I would say I like White's, but then they call you a racist.
February 17, 2016 02:32AM
"They show a brief, widely exaggerated "comparison" of their product vs the "other guys"...even though it is not necessarily true."
In any walk of life, two wrongs never make a right. America is great because we prove we are, not because we say how bad everyone else is. If you have a detector that can out-preform another, then do a fair test video and let us see. If it can't out-preform, then don't skew the test so a less informed gets a wrong impression.

As for the "gimmick videos", I dont mind the flair. But when you are testing, then do it correctly.
February 17, 2016 02:54AM
If you have State Farm insurance and say the little jingle "like a good neighbor State Farm is there..." I hope you don't expect your agent to *POOF* appear as soon as you say it like in the commercials winking smiley

I seriously hope there is some sarcasm/humor being lost in these posts. If not, then I bet some of ya are a real joy to be around in person. I gotta have fun and give people a hard time or it makes the hours go by so long and boring.
February 17, 2016 03:00AM
I was to late to see the video, but it seems dumb to compare an MXS to the Deus, especially when I don't think anyone was considering it as competition to the Deus to begin with. Now they just seem foolish for even attempting a comparison.

Most people that were interested are just looking for a good mid range machine that can be used in water and maybe beat the other comparable competition in that price range.

Otherwise, why not compare it to a CTX or an Excalibur II. It's because even they know how ridiculous that would be.

I think White's probably has a winner in the MXS but there's no need to try and sell people using misleading claims.

Most detectorists know what to expect from a $799.00 machine and they seem to be getting their money's worth from the MXS and then some when comparing it to it's true competition.

HH
John
February 17, 2016 08:17PM
It is normal that many have an extreme dislike for anything and everything sales, marketing, advertising. It has never been a commonly well liked, well understood, nor well respected part of business.

No one is perfect, mistakes are made, sorry. When they are noted, they are corrected as quickly and cleanly as possible.

Ultimately, for profit corperations must do what is best for them... or cease to exsist. It is literally that simple. Self regulating, those who don't die, are not around to attend to customers needs/wants.

White's MX Sport introduction master plan was nuked by the FCC. Not doing bad considering!

Howard
February 17, 2016 08:27PM
showard Wrote:
> It is normal that many have an extreme dislike for
> anything and everything sales, marketing,
> advertising. It has never been a commonly well
> liked, well understood, nor well respected part of
> business.
>
> No one is perfect, mistakes are made, sorry. When
> they are noted, they are corrected as quickly and
> cleanly as possible.
>
> Ultimately, for profit corperations must do what
> is best for them... or cease to exsist. It is
> literally that simple. Self regulating, those who
> don't die, are not around to attend to customers
> needs/wants.
>
> White's MX Sport introduction master plan was
> nuked by the FCC. Not doing bad considering!
>
> Howard

Well Steve....... you just made another foot in mouth presentation, did you go to the same marketing school that Nathan Jaeger went to?

Regards....Randy
February 17, 2016 09:14PM
showard Wrote:
> It is normal that many have an extreme dislike for
> anything and everything sales, marketing,
> advertising. It has never been a commonly well
> liked, well understood, nor well respected part of
> business.
>
> No one is perfect, mistakes are made, sorry. When
> they are noted, they are corrected as quickly and
> cleanly as possible.
>
> Ultimately, for profit corperations must do what
> is best for them... or cease to exsist. It is
> literally that simple. Self regulating, those who
> don't die, are not around to attend to customers
> needs/wants.
>
> White's MX Sport introduction master plan was
> nuked by the FCC. Not doing bad considering!
>
> Howard

I am glad to see you here on this forum.

I don't mind a metal detector company advertising their product (s) at all.

I do expect a company to provide facts and pics.

And if they do want to compare their merchandise to the competitor's like/ similar merchandise--- this is fine by me too,,, as long as it is fair, and a company whose chooses to do so,,should provide details about detector settings, etc

I do like humor, as long as it is placed/ used correctly.

But it seemed to me about all the videos produced with the MX Sport were nothing really but humor.

Now it seems the detector will cost around $799. This cost is not something to sneeze at-- not like it is a price for a piece of bubble gum or something.

I have I feel provided some realistic honest feedback here on this matter. As a matter a fact, I have also in previous post on this forum provided some of my views and criticism, concerns concerning some of White's other
model detectors.

And to be fair--- I have also provided input, views, criticism of other brands of detectors.

Many folks here visit this forum.

They like to see manufacturers reps talk about their products.

Thank God the host here Mr Dankowski allows it.

The problem here I think is we mainly see you here posting in response to comments vs you talking up front about your company's products.

My offer I stated above is still good btw, should you consider.

Cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2016 09:22PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 17, 2016 10:22PM
I dont know whats with the marketing of US manufactured detectors - Its absolutely appalling -

The video itself was an embarassment to Whites in general - Lets face it, a dedicated fan with a cam could have
easily made a better job of showing off the features of the product - But it gets worse - They choose not so much to
promote their product but compare it to other manufacturers products - Marketing FUBAR from the very beginning -

The marketing of metal detectors in the US from the big brand companies is useless..........

Take a look at the new kids on the block - Great marketing and even greater products coming out on a regular basis
with continual input from their marketing and support people - I know where I want to spend my money at, thats for sure -
February 17, 2016 11:12PM
Not bragging....

Every serious detectorist on the planet knows of, and is tallking about, the MX Sport.

Every detector related web site on the planet is discussing the MX Sport.

And yet White's has not sold even one MX Sport, nor gone full public with technical information (2/17/16).

That is fantastic successful advertising/marketing by any valid measure.

Yes, the teasers went on longer than expected, longer than we wanted. Spoiler alert, the MX Sport isn't for sale, yet.

With the FCC nuking intro plans, White's decided to relax, have fun with it, and extend the release of information to fit the 4-sale date.

Yes, White's purposely is slowly releasing technical information prior to avilability. Yes, it is part of a larger well proven stratigy. Yes, it works great!

Most who are upset are because they simply want it available to see/buy. Can't rush that.
February 17, 2016 11:37PM
Showard, I respectfully disagree. Interested in it, yes. More so before the silly videos. Buying one? No. Not until I see real videos of real people using it. I don't expect Deus reactivity nor Excalibur or CZ21 performance in the wet. A solid performing detector with a coil that doesn't float like a cork (thinking BHID here) and a decent turf performer would nice. For now I'll be putting my money on the R2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 02:08PM by triplehooked.
February 18, 2016 12:18AM
Well despite the advertising snafu so far, I am really rooting for Whites. I've always like the quality of build and the feel of their machines. I hope the MXS sells big and lives up to the hype.
HH
John
February 18, 2016 12:37AM
Hey Steve,
Good to see you participate here on the forums. Also to acknowledge that the video in question didn't mash and you realize the faux pas. How about another video using only whites machines highlighting the advantage of iron audio vs disc. Let us see a little more of the mx sport in action. By the way dont be afraid to be a little technical, for example while I enjoyed your dig thrice video I also enjoyed the magnet in an aluminum tube.
Looking forward to to seeing more, iqwozpoom
February 18, 2016 01:11AM
I can' wait to see a Video showing the Modulated Audio On with the 4 Tone I.D. on a Deep soft sounding target!
February 18, 2016 03:40AM
Steve - I'm new to the thread and haven't looked at videos or any other marketing for your upcoming detector.

But one point you've mentioned multiple times here has piqued my curiosity, apologies if you've already answered this question.

How did the FCC nuke intro plans for the MX Sport?
February 18, 2016 09:16AM
I am looking forward to seeing what the actual field test reports are from everyday users. I think Whites may have created a real good machine in the MX Sport. I think their video are intended to appeal to younger generation. And to be honest I thought they were kinda funny. It's funny how every detector produced these days get scrutinized over one thing or the other. There's absolutely no perfect detector that's going to fit the hunting needs of every detectorist on earth that's why we have to do our research and pick out what fits the style and type of hunting that we each do. Just my two cents.
February 18, 2016 12:34PM
A waterproof, fast, mid-frequency, decent balance, choice of coils, AA battery powered.

What is not to like :-)

Whatever you do, please get it wright first time around. We'll wait no-problem.
The F19, F75 Ltd2 release was riddled with weird performing units.

I'll happily trade in a few Detectors for an MX Sport if it feels comfortable on the ear and wrist.

showard Wrote:
> Not bragging....
>
> Every serious detectorist on the planet knows of,
> and is tallking about, the MX Sport.
>
> Every detector related web site on the planet is
> discussing the MX Sport.
>
> And yet White's has not sold even one MX Sport,
> nor gone full public with technical information
> (2/17/16).
>
> That is fantastic successful advertising/marketing
> by any valid measure.
>
> Yes, the teasers went on longer than expected,
> longer than we wanted. Spoiler alert, the MX Sport
> isn't for sale, yet.
>
> With the FCC nuking intro plans, White's decided
> to relax, have fun with it, and extend the release
> of information to fit the 4-sale date.
>
> Yes, White's purposely is slowly releasing
> technical information prior to avilability. Yes,
> it is part of a larger well proven stratigy. Yes,
> it works great!
>
> Most who are upset are because they simply want it
> available to see/buy. Can't rush that.

HH
Johnb
February 18, 2016 06:06PM
New government laws now require all new electronic designs to meet or exceed FCC EMI (Electrical Magenetic Interference) limits, prior to sale in the USA. EMI certification is now required for all electronics sold in the USA.

A couple years ago, new designs only had to meet EMI limits if sold in Europe. Today, the USA has adopted simlar limits. ALL new designs have to be submitted for testing and certification prior to sale.

We assumed FCC tests were confidential, WRONG. We now know one has to take addtional steps for the FCC testing to be confidential.

So everything the FCC knew about the MX Sport during testing went public knowledge (just about everything their is to know about it), months prior to White's planned anouncement.

It can be a bit silly in that car/truck alternators put out EMI levels dorfing what a metal detector radiates. However, a great deal of the EMI concern is the interference one device can cause to another more important device, such as medical electronics.

EMI limits do little to infffluence the performance of a metal detector. One can not use electricity without generating magnetics. Most EMI are these unused, unnneeded, side effects of running electricity through any significant conductor.

Howard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 06:13PM by showard.
February 18, 2016 10:16PM
Lots of the Atpros had leak issues. Plus they had the coil issue where even at low power the machines would beep like crazy just by moving them. Garrett overcame the first run issues. I believe Whites knows this and will do everything possible to put a super product out the door the first time.

scoopjohnb Wrote:
> A waterproof, fast, mid-frequency, decent balance,
> choice of coils, AA battery powered.
>
> What is not to like :-)
>
> Whatever you do, please get it wright first time
> around. We'll wait no-problem.
> The F19, F75 Ltd2 release was riddled with weird
> performing units.
>
> I'll happily trade in a few Detectors for an MX
> Sport if it feels comfortable on the ear and
> wrist.
>
>
> showard Wrote:
> -----
> > Not bragging....
> >
> > Every serious detectorist on the planet knows
> of,
> > and is tallking about, the MX Sport.
> >
> > Every detector related web site on the planet
> is
> > discussing the MX Sport.
> >
> > And yet White's has not sold even one MX Sport,
> > nor gone full public with technical information
> > (2/17/16).
> >
> > That is fantastic successful
> advertising/marketing
> > by any valid measure.
> >
> > Yes, the teasers went on longer than expected,
> > longer than we wanted. Spoiler alert, the MX
> Sport
> > isn't for sale, yet.
> >
> > With the FCC nuking intro plans, White's
> decided
> > to relax, have fun with it, and extend the
> release
> > of information to fit the 4-sale date.
> >
> > Yes, White's purposely is slowly releasing
> > technical information prior to avilability.
> Yes,
> > it is part of a larger well proven stratigy.
> Yes,
> > it works great!
> >
> > Most who are upset are because they simply want
> it
> > available to see/buy. Can't rush that.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]