Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Should Makro build a low KHZ killer coin detector?

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Should Makro build a low KHZ killer coin detector?
March 12, 2016 02:42AM
Lifted from the Racer 2 Thread, a quote by Tom D . to Alper @ Makro......

Another (and very serious) recommendation..... is to create a 4-Khz
bronze/copper/silver "COIN" unit. Make it a 3-tone unit (no other tone
option)... with adjustable tone-break on high-tone & low-tone. Iron Volume.
Modes: FAST, DEEP, DEEP-BOOST. 5" DD, 11" Elliptical DD, and 13" round DD. Keep
it very simple, effective...... and put all focus on 'depth'.

I would love to see Makro build one..... anyone else?
I like their 5 x 10 coil.
Re: Should Makro build a low KHZ killer coin detector?
March 12, 2016 03:05AM
IMO, Absolutely!!!
March 12, 2016 03:06AM
Impact I think was quoted at 4Khz??

I've mentioned to them last year a 7khz Racer standalone would be nice!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2016 03:31AM by Keith Southern.
March 12, 2016 03:14AM
Yes. There are so many high frequency units between the 2 brands I can't even name them. I'd be happy with a 7-8khz as an all arounder. Curious if they'd be deeper in trash.
March 12, 2016 03:56AM
Yes! Call it the Silver Racer and make it a frequency that is dedicated to silver and copper.
Proper ID at a decent depth in mineralized ground.
A 13" round center mount coil option would be nice too.
Bryan
March 12, 2016 04:52AM
I am a bit tired of higher frequency units, so yes. Really though I am about done with single frequency units in general. Selectable frequency done right is the future. The V3i was actually sort of perfect but a feature nightmare. Just give me that ability to run 2.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, and 22.5 kHz separately or all at once, but leave out the 47 pages of sub menus. Just select one of the frequencies or all, and have a set of standard adjustments. And in a box smaller than Texas.

The Impact I would expect will at least do the selectable part, the all at once part is harder to achieve. You never know though, we can hope.

Deus does it pretty well, but frankly I would rather have a dozen cheap hard wired coil options than wireless coils. You know the Racer already has about 16 coils available for Makro, Mars, and Nel?

X-Terra does it, but forget the change coil to change frequency nonsense. Yeah, I know the theory of a coil running best at a particular tuned frequency but I am not convinced that is not a technology thing that can't be overcome.
The tech exists, the pieces are all there, somebody just has to do it right.

Come on Impact - fingers crossed!
March 12, 2016 05:45AM
Maybe the impact will be a beast and do it all

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 12, 2016 08:56AM
[youtu.be]

you can get a 3 freq coil for the x-terra, you just turn the unit off/on to select freq, it was a toss up for myself over it or the racer2, but i ordered the racer as i had a 705 before and while it was very good i got spoilt for depth when i got an etrac.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2016 09:02AM by ghound.
wjs
March 12, 2016 12:15PM
For me it would need to have excellent modulation also to be able to wade through the trash looking for the deep ones.
March 12, 2016 12:17PM
In my experience the high kHz just don't like high conductors . Yes i would like one with the lower kHz. my bliss tool is 8khz and can go to 7.4khz and it does good on silver

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
March 12, 2016 09:28PM
How about the DFX running at 3 kHz only. Maybe not the best for the above mentioned type of hunting for deep silver but it sure works nice in the competition hunts with a HotFoot coil. Super fast pinpointing and absolutely no interference from other detectors.
March 12, 2016 10:43PM
If Nokta/Makro is at all interested in increasing their market share in the US, they need a single and or multi freq unit for coin hunters.
March 12, 2016 11:02PM
Omega 8500?

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 13, 2016 12:39AM
wjs
For me it would need to have excellent modulation also to be able to wade through the trash looking for the deep ones.
I enjoy a good modulated audio, and many modern detectors allow such an adjustment as it is incorporated in a multi-function Gain or Sensitivity control.

But over five decades of very active detecting I have never found there to be an ability to find 'deep coins' in any location with a lot of trash. Any shallower or nearby trash easily masks good targets and impairs the ability to 'go deep.' Trash, as much as we don't like it, needs to be removed from a site to gain any depth beyond a trash-layer blanket.

Tom Slick
How about the DFX running at 3 kHz only. Maybe not the best for the above mentioned type of hunting for deep silver but it sure works nice in the competition hunts with a HotFoot coil. Super fast pinpointing and absolutely no interference from other detectors.
Tom, I have fond memories of using many early VLF models that worked in the -2 kHz to ±7.5 kHz range and all of them did well at handling "bad ground" as well as providing a bit better performance on the higher-conductive coins such as silver smiling smiley That was both in a traditional All Metal mode and then with the motion-based VLF-Discriminate modes.

Back in the era when there were a lot of metal detecting clubs, most of which hosted an annual Competition Hunt, it was always advantageous to grab a model that worked at a 'different' frequency than others. From the latter '70s and on through the '80s and very early '90s (at about the time detecting clubs pretty much peaked), you had a lot of White's, Bounty Hunter and early Teknetics models at 6.59 kHz, and there were still a lot of 15 kHz models in use in the hunts from Garrett, Gold-Mountain and Gold Mountain Technologies, De-Tex, and even Tesoro with their Golden Sabre Plus.

Some of the more popular models were the 10 kHz to 12 kHz Tesoro's, so it was always good to try and find a model at a 'different' frequency. I am not a fan of the DFX, but you are correct that it could provide an 'edge' at least in the way of no EMI from nearby competitive units in a hunt. Today, however, we have very few metal detecting clubs by comparison (I recall when the FMDAC boasted of over 214 member clubs and today I counted only 35 on their website), and there are very, very few 'Competition Hunt's any more, and NONE like we used to see in "the early days" that had Chevy 4X4 pick-ups or 16'-17' travel trailers and such as Top Prizes.

Oh, since you mentioned Competition Hunts and your interest in them, we are working on plans to incorporate a "Competition Hunt" with a future 'Welcome-to-Hunt Outing' and it could even be on our 4th WTHO later this year. That one might be closer to home for you as we are looking into an Arizona/Nevada location. More to follow as you are on the WTHO Contact List. I haven't done very well in the last four or five Competition Hunts I have entered due to my impaired mobility, but with 10 kHz & 12 kHz Tesoro's, and 14 kHz & 56 kHz Makro Racer units, or the 15 kHz & a few 19 kHz Nokta series models, I am sure I would be able to grab one detector that would work for me w/o EMI issues for nearby competitor's detectors.

Jackpine
If Nokta/Makro is at all interested in increasing their market share in the US, they need a single and or multi freq unit for coin hunters.
Interested? I most certainly believe they are VERY INTERESTED in increasing their market share here in the gold ol' USA, and it has been most obvious since latter 2014. They had an assortment of detection equipment t available, but very little that would really appeal to the majority of the hobby-based consumers. Actually to the 'average 'hobbyist' who I consider to be ther "Traditional Coin Hunters" after modern change and occasional jewelry and other trinkets, and the more 'Avid Detectorists' who put in the time and effort to learn their detectors, to research sites, and who do more 'serious hunting' than the 'average' hobbyist. People who more or less specialize in dedicated types of searches, such as Gold Nugget Hunting or Relic Hunting.

We had the Nokta FORS Gold and FORS CoRe, both at 15 kHz, and they made quite an impact with serious detectorists who gave them an honest try. I got a FORS CoRe in January of 2015 and it immediately became my #1 all-purpose detector. Nokta had fully acquired Makro in December of 2014 and a year ago we had a Makro Racer introduced to the market. It also became a regular use unit in my arsenal. As 2015 progressed we saw some changes from a company that listens and is active on numerous Forums to be in touch with us, the consumers.

Later last year they brought out a 19 kHz Nokta FORS Gold + which appealed to many Gold Nugget Hunters, and especially was a hit with many of us who wanted a decent Relic Hunting unit in a higher frequency. Then, to end the year they introduced the Makro Gold Racer at 56 kHz, which was a brilliant 'first' in the industry to have a LF (Low Frequency) detector more specific to hunting tinier-size Gold Nuggets, but also with the Discrimination ability to help deal with hot rocks, etc., and even be a nice pick for an Avid Detectorist to look for gold jeweler, lower-conductive relics and all manner of targets.

Not to be caught sleeping, in February they announced the new Makro Racer 2 and followed that up now with the new Nokta FORS Relic model. Dilek, of Nokta/Makro Detectors, has stated in her posts along with the newer product introductions, that they are trying to build their product line to provide a good catalog with a decent selection of detectors.

There is no doubt in my mind that we will see a another new model entry from them, when it is developed, tested, and ready for market, that will likely address many wishes we have, to include a much lower operating frequency than the 'norm' we have from manufacturers today. It can serve many, but the lower frequency will be a serious attraction to a more devoted Coin Hunter in search of one of the remaining silver coins left in the older parks and schools and commonly hunted places.

Monte

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2016 03:49PM by Monte.
March 13, 2016 09:56PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a bit tired of higher frequency units, so
> yes. Really though I am about done with single
> frequency units in general. Selectable frequency
> done right is the future. The V3i was actually
> sort of perfect but a feature nightmare. Just give
> me that ability to run 2.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, and 22.5
> kHz separately or all at once, but leave out the
> 47 pages of sub menus. Just select one of the
> frequencies or all, and have a set of standard
> adjustments. And in a box smaller than Texas.
>
> The Impact I would expect will at least do the
> selectable part, the all at once part is harder to
> achieve. You never know though, we can hope.
>
> Deus does it pretty well, but frankly I would
> rather have a dozen cheap hard wired coil options
> than wireless coils. You know the Racer already
> has about 16 coils available for Makro, Mars, and
> Nel?
>
> X-Terra does it, but forget the change coil to
> change frequency nonsense. Yeah, I know the theory
> of a coil running best at a particular tuned
> frequency but I am not convinced that is not a
> technology thing that can't be overcome.
> The tech exists, the pieces are all there,
> somebody just has to do it right.
>
> Come on Impact - fingers crossed!

You would think one coil and selectable freqs.would be possible because I believe Greeks and g2 & gold bug coils interchange even though there is over 12 kHz difference.

March 13, 2016 10:53PM
Jackpine Wrote:
> If Nokta/Makro is at all interested in increasing
> their market share in the US, they need a single
> and or multi freq unit for coin hunters.

"at all interested"???----My goodness--what have they got to do to win you over??----Well--hold onto your britches--the Impact is coming (this year)--and it's that multi frequency unit you've been ah wantin!
March 14, 2016 12:06AM
"You would think one coil and selectable freqs.would be possible because I believe Greeks and g2 & gold bug coils interchange even though there is over 12 kHz difference."

There is a big difference between merely functioning and getting optimum performance at each frequency. People have been building selectable frequency machine for a very long time, it is nothing new by a long shot. It is just that nobody has really hit in the right recipe for making one really popular. I suppose XP would be the closest but it is only so so in the park hunting arena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2016 12:07AM by Steve Herschbach.
March 14, 2016 01:05AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Jackpine Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If Nokta/Makro is at all interested in
> increasing
> > their market share in the US, they need a
> single
> > and or multi freq unit for coin hunters.
>
> "at all interested"???----My goodness--what have
> they got to do to win you over??----Well--hold
> onto your britches--the Impact is coming (this
> year)--and it's that multi frequency unit you've
> been ah wantin!

Just stating that they need that type of product is all. Actually I would prefer a dedicated single freq machine vs a likely more expensive multi-Freq machine. As far as winning me over? I have the Racer 2 on pre-order and should have it this week. Also have aftermarket coils coming as well. Yeah. I'm interested.

Tom
March 14, 2016 01:23AM
Jackpine Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> -----
> > Jackpine Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If Nokta/Makro is at all interested in
> > increasing
> > > their market share in the US, they need a
> > single
> > > and or multi freq unit for coin hunters.
> >
> > "at all interested"???----My goodness--what
> have
> > they got to do to win you over??----Well--hold
> > onto your britches--the Impact is coming (this
> > year)--and it's that multi frequency unit
> you've
> > been ah wantin!
>
>
> Just stating that they need that type of product
> is all. Actually I would prefer a dedicated
> single freq machine vs a likely more expensive
> multi-Freq machine. As far as winning me over? I
> have the Racer 2 on pre-order and should have it
> this week. Also have aftermarket coils coming as
> well. Yeah. I'm interested.
>
> Tom

Too funny,sounds like your kick'in dirt with your shoe and saying " you know I'm just say'in " lol spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smileys with beer

March 14, 2016 02:18AM
100% YES! It would be so simple.
March 14, 2016 05:42AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> I am a bit tired of higher frequency units, so
> yes. Really though I am about done with single
> frequency units in general. Selectable frequency
> done right is the future. The V3i was actually
> sort of perfect but a feature nightmare. Just give
> me that ability to run 2.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, and 22.5
> kHz separately or all at once, but leave out the
> 47 pages of sub menus. Just select one of the
> frequencies or all, and have a set of standard
> adjustments. And in a box smaller than Texas.
>
> The Impact I would expect will at least do the
> selectable part, the all at once part is harder to
> achieve. You never know though, we can hope.
>
> Deus does it pretty well, but frankly I would
> rather have a dozen cheap hard wired coil options
> than wireless coils. You know the Racer already
> has about 16 coils available for Makro, Mars, and
> Nel?
>
> X-Terra does it, but forget the change coil to
> change frequency nonsense. Yeah, I know the theory
> of a coil running best at a particular tuned
> frequency but I am not convinced that is not a
> technology thing that can't be overcome.
> The tech exists, the pieces are all there,
> somebody just has to do it right.
>
> Come on Impact - fingers crossed!

Amen Steve, I'm with you.

TD
March 20, 2016 04:58AM
Isn't the Fisher 1280X and I believe the DetectorPro Diver/Wader operating around the 2.4 to 2.8khz frequency? They are both single frequency units...right? Wouldn't they be a good choice?
March 20, 2016 08:58AM
They may be just keeping the lower frequencies for their entry level machines -

It appears Nokta/Makro are adhering to their original announcement from over a year ago -

"we are planning to launch between 2015-2017 (Pulse Induction detectors, new technology VLF and pulse imaging systems, hybrid VLF detectors, entry-level detectors, walk-thru security detectors, mine detectors etc.) and with your support, we wish to share the pride and happiness of achieving this goal all together"

It wasn't all that long ago the old legends of that not so friendly site, rubbished the crap out of the Makro Racer & Makro for that matter -

It just goes to show the clear difference between listening to an emotional brand loyal patriot & an intelligent person wanting to pass on accurate information - Thanks to the likes of Tom, Keith & Steve, enthusiasts such as myself can virtually take these guys words as gospel -

That's what makes this site so right & or course the many clever buggers who regularly post here - Thank you