Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back to irony patch w/Racer 2 w/New small 5.5" coil Video

Posted by Des D 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back to irony patch w/Racer 2 w/New small 5.5" coil Video
March 16, 2016 05:24PM
[www.youtube.com]

I went back to the iron patch as seen in some other "Racer 2" videos.
This time I took the NEW Racer 2's Small coil at 5.5" and is perfectly round complete w/coil cover.

I liked it! It 'unmasked' several of those "iffy sounds" heard with the standard 11" coil.

Nothing earth shattering found but it was interesting and there are plenty more signals AND there's still that missing ring I've been hunting for that refuses to show up!

Good Hunting

Des D
Re: Back to irony patch w/Racer 2 w/New small 5.5" coil Video
March 16, 2016 07:28PM
Nice Digs ..Good video!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 16, 2016 07:39PM
Awesome video! Gotta dig those iffy ones to find the good stuff. Hey Keith u have any videos of relic hunting with the R2 in any of ur trash sites?
March 16, 2016 11:28PM
Des thx for the vid, liked how you cleaned the hole out of all metal. You can see how the ID was hitting multiple targets and then seen why. The vid I have of the Racer button hunt comes to mind with the iffies left behind that evening. Need to get back over there and go after some of them...may be surprised at what comes out. Keith spoke of the bleeding of tones before. In watching this vid and looking back at mine it made me think, I had went after only sweet mid tones that evening. Had a sweet tone and after flipping the plug it went to a iffy bleeding tone. Removed the trash and got the keeper. Those iffies I was leaving could very we'll have been a keeper with trash above or very close to a keeper I see now.

Great vid for learning that and thanks again.
March 17, 2016 01:22AM
Tom Spot on ..

Thats where the Bleed and Blend Overtake the One snap shot at a time type units..

This On top of each other tones are very telling....Learn them ..Tune your ear to them..

Also remember things like small iron tone mixed with small or larger sounding Non Ferrous tone is usually a hidden Gem..A larger than nail iron Tone with the smaller sounding non ferrous tone is USUALLY a false..Let the audio paint a Picture for you..Its a free flowing report and why is important to hear as much of what you don't want to dig as it is want you want to dig..

Let the unit Talk to you..

A Lot of units can only do one report at a time..Once the report starts it has to finish before it can report again..Those type units will rely on Recovery speed to unmask..And while the faster units can unmask quite well they can not report 2,3,4, target's at once in a calliope effect..Those units are gated so when they start they have to stick to original assessment..Not a blendy unit though it can change its mind mid sweep of target if it likes..

What the Makros and Noktas and XPs and Deeptechs etc are doing is Free flowing open audio gate...plus there fast..couple that together and another step in the site opening takes place..

There will come a time that the fastest machine in the world can not report a intermingled target ..this is where Bleed and Blend will step up the game..

The Audio will become second nature to you once you LISTEN..there will be tell tale HITS to alert you to dig..

Knowing target behavior is PARAMOUNT Sizing wise..Don't look at the screen for the first 40 hours in iron hunting..The Audio is painting a sonic picture in your brain let the Images develop in your mind as you hear them..Once you get in the zone the Unlocking of non ferrous from ferrous contamination will become second nature.

People want imaging let the Audio become your imaging device..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 17, 2016 01:24AM
I do not at the moment Kickin..I'm too enamored with my Relic right now LOL!!

I do want to get some stuff up but I only have so many hours in a day and sometimes I'm selfish and want to enjoy the hunt..LOL!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 17, 2016 04:03AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do not at the moment Kickin..I'm too enamored
> with my Relic right now LOL!!
>
> I do want to get some stuff up but I only have so
> many hours in a day and sometimes I'm selfish and
> want to enjoy the hunt..LOL!!
>
> Keith

Ha ha ha that's awesome man, can't wait to try and R2
March 17, 2016 04:16AM
Lol nothing at all wrong with that Keith. From the way it sounds you've been waiting a long time for the Relic. A unit that takes a little from others, added to that as to what you and others seen needed plus what it already had to offer and give you one sweet Relic machine. Can see why it is now taking up a lot of your time.

I'll be hitting that site again with a new mindset. Should make for an interesting hunt.

Thx
March 17, 2016 11:55AM
"Thank you for your positive Comments gentlemen...I appreciate it LOADS as both a detectorist and a amateur film maker!"

Tom B - thanks for your Message re OOR - I had forgotten and when 'on camera' easily forget stuff that I wanted to say and include..."

Good Hunting

Happy St Patrick's Day today...March 17th

Desi D"
March 17, 2016 12:05PM
"Me again......

I'm thinking about going back to that patch and doing 2 things.

1. Dig and fold back a few feet like lawn turf...just lift and roll

2. Use the OOR coil - I've a feeling it's 'sharper'? (it was very sparky on the Red but didn't use it yet on the R2)

There's a men's gold signet ring "with blue stone" lost there!!! (and 2 other wedding bands lost by the former landowner sadly now deceased.
But I'd like to find at least one of them for the families...???

Desi D"
March 17, 2016 12:15PM
Very nicely done Des. Shows the ability of the small coil in high density trash amazingly well. Love the audio. I think it and I will get along famously

R2 on the brown truck today!!

Tom
March 17, 2016 04:30PM
Thanks for sharing the video Des,

I may get the Racer 2, sometime in the future.

Appreciate you taking the time to post and share the Racer 2 with 5" coil.

Paul
March 17, 2016 06:28PM
HEY DES, AFTER WATCHING YOUR VID A FEW TIMES, I THINK YOU WOULD BENEFIT MAJORLY BY BRINGING THE GAIN DOWN TO 20 OR SO AND REMOVING LARGE TARGETS. ANOTHER THING THE WILL HELP IS DROPPING THE ID FILTER TO ZERO.(SORRY CAPS).
March 18, 2016 11:59PM
I need a land detector. I have been watching the posts about the Racer 2. Thanks for the video and your time to do it.