Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First gold for my GM5!

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First gold for my GM5!
September 03, 2016 12:34PM

Sorry about the poor pic, 1865 Victorian found this morning @7 inch down on pasture, well chuffed!
It's not old but it's still gold lol
Re: First gold for my GM5!
September 03, 2016 01:07PM
Congrats, not old but still a nice gold coin we'd all be thrilled to dig smileys with beer

HH,
Brian
September 03, 2016 01:26PM
Thats a very nice find,is it a full or a half Viccy Sov ?? when you connect with the old yellow stuff it does tend too make the old ticker skip a few beats smiling smiley i am away for a few days the same as you detecting on pasture and the same again next weekend as well.
September 03, 2016 01:57PM
Thanks fellas, to be honest Junk i haven't had time to look the coin up, i put it in my finds box and im still at work so i will check it out tonight. I'm self employed and i have been passing this field for years on one of my routes to a supplier. I stoppd at it one day to have a bit of lunch and the farmer/owner was ploughing it, so i kindly asked if i could detect it sometime to which he kindly agreed, so 6 months on i was passing early this morning and still had the detector in my truck from hunting yesterday evening, so i jumped the gate, walked 20yds and this was my first signal!!
September 03, 2016 02:06PM
Landowners/Farmers use too pay workers at gates,but saying that a Sov was alot of wonga for a farm labourer,so prehaps it it was dropped by someone else,worth checking the area again,the most famous and recent Viccy Sov hoard was the Twinstead here in the UK.

Twinstead Sovereign hoard found on a detecting rally.

All 2i6 of them,caused alot of problems that hoard,but i wont go into that,its a long story lol
September 03, 2016 09:21PM
NICE !!!

Congrats!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 03, 2016 10:22PM
Bet the feeling of seeing that pop out of the hole was priceless. Gold coin new or old is hunt to remember, Great save...congratz!
September 04, 2016 04:09PM
I have a GM5 also and have noticed that if you crank it up it goes deep. I thought when I first used it that it was average depth until I realized I could bump it up. It's a simple detector to use but strange that it comes without a manual...Lol! That little 9" coil and the collapsing rod makes it a joy to carry and swing. I haven't used it much since the fields are full of crops here. Seeing your gold coin makes me anxious to get out with it...Lol! Congratulations!!
September 04, 2016 04:09PM
Thanks guys, yes Junk your right it's a half sovereign mate, it makes up for finding absolutely feck all the day before!
Can i just say the GM5 gives a very tight screen id on pure silver and gold and a soild sharp tone on coins, well happy with it.
September 04, 2016 06:39PM
Gold old or new still a super find....ought to cover it...
September 04, 2016 06:48PM
My favorite color!
Congrats
First gold for my GM5!
September 04, 2016 09:45PM
Fabulous Find. Congrats!

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
September 05, 2016 04:52AM
WOW!!! Congratulations on the gold coin!!!
September 05, 2016 09:18AM
Thanks guy's, I'm well pleased with it, ive had good fortune detecting this this year!

September 05, 2016 01:58PM
Congratulations!

That's a great find! Here in the States that is considered old, super find!

Paul