Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The New Rutus Alter 71 is sounding great !!

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The New Rutus Alter 71 is sounding great !!
November 21, 2016 12:13AM
Thank's again..yeah sort of of fell apart with the DD attached doing the nail board..A small DD would help alot

Ill say again ......You aint seen unmasking yetwinking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 21, 2016 01:21AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank's again..yeah sort of of fell apart with the
> DD attached doing the nail board..A small DD would
> help alot
>
> Ill say again ......You aint seen unmasking yetwinking smiley
>
>
>
> Keith

I have winking smiley
November 21, 2016 09:58PM
Just done me own quick Nail Board Test here...... [youtu.be]

This machine sure has some punch, managed to hit a small sixpence at 10 inches in the testbed with good audio and steady numbers, has some real nice features and I'm sure people will be hearing a lot more about this machine real soon.
Think we have a winner here.

I will start to learn and talk more but at the moment I have another fish on the grill that is very important.
November 21, 2016 10:05PM
Nice one!
November 21, 2016 11:16PM
For Chinese coil concentric detector for $ 100 will do better
Lol
November 21, 2016 11:27PM
Denari Wrote:
> For Chinese coil concentric detector for $ 100
> will do better
> Lol

One trick ponies my friend with them...The Rutus will do depth and separation, keep watching but I appreciate your opinion.
November 21, 2016 11:58PM
Rutus detectors in Europe have bad reviews. They are heavy. Id jumps like crazy

[m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2016 10:16PM by Denari.
November 22, 2016 12:17AM
Denari Wrote:
> Rutus detectors in Europe have bad reviews. They
> are heavy. Id jumps like crazy
>
> [m.youtube.com]

I will not rise to the negativity of your last three posts..... I feel you are here just to troll over this Rutus machine.... The Rutus Jupiter had one of the best stable IDs in a detector I've used, I feel you have a hidden agenda to create hate for this machine like a certain UK forum did over the Rutus Jupiter years back... proof is in the pudding and when people see the videos and field tests of this new machine I'm sure you will fade away slowly from this thread.
Good luck to you sir.
November 22, 2016 05:53AM
Your tests are unreliable in a bucket. How do you do it do it in the field. Tests dealers are not reliable for me lol.
November 22, 2016 07:15AM
Certain countries in eastern Europe don't get along and say negative things about each other, I'm sure this could never happen between citizens of the USA!winking smiley
I will look forward to Ziggy's unbiased review of the Alter71.
November 22, 2016 07:33AM
Ziggy,

It is possible to carry out the tests Rutus Alter 71 with show of its hodograph and with the turned-off discrimination?
The matter is that on similar metal detectors the decision on excavation of a find is made after the analysis of visual information from the hodograph...
Therefore it is very interesting what will show the detector in case of tests.
Thanks in advance.

I apologize for quality of video, just as a sample of display of the hodograph:

Sample of display of the hodograph

ps: Once again I will emphasize that Rutus Alter 71 very interesting detector and with high potential.
It is interesting to me that as a result will turn out as I have approximately similar detector and I know rather well his strong and weaknesses.

psps: Ziggy whether it is possible to test the detector in the soil on depth on several purposes with different VDI at three frequencies, for example on 4 kHz on 7 kHz and on 18 kHz?
Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2016 12:56PM by vfp7.
November 23, 2016 11:19AM
Ziggy, interests as Alter will cope with the coins standing on an edge, and also with a pile of coins in different orientation.
It is still interesting whether there is an opportunity in it to distinguish a pothouse uvula banks from gold.
Also interestingly as the detector will prove to be on small-unit gold chain.
If it is possible, then plz carry out such tests.
Thanks in advance

ps: I don't want to tell anything bad, but the matter is that well knowing the detector it is possible to show the fantastic things which don't have any relation to real search. (excuse for my English if seems that I told that that bad)
For this reason it is extremely desirable to show tests of detectors in the "all metals" mode with the turned-off discrimination and filters.
And also surely to show the detector hodograph in case of the test to see indications of VDI from the purposes and the line of the hodograph if it is present.
Video is lower only a sample of that as it is possible to set up the detector in case of the test on a sound response though at the same time on the hodograph bad signals were shown...

Tricks with a metal detector *

* This video is not a test - is the exposure of fraud with metal detectors on the tests.
No matter that it was put under the coil, as the detector moves the boundary of the sound threshold "iron" and shifts the boundaries of sound "colors" close to the level of the signal from the piece of iron.
With the same success I can use the hatch from the well and repeat it all on it ...

ps: In these detectors a weak spot - a dense trash.
In the "all metal", with disabled discrimination, showing on the display of metal detector video all becomes clear.
Another very significant if placed near the coins at a distance from each other in 1/2 inch with various VDI
The spreading of the signals from the closest coin on the hodograph

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2016 12:55PM by vfp7.
November 25, 2016 10:32AM
can we get an honest appraisal of the hodograph accuracy ?? it wont be 100% but any idea?
November 25, 2016 09:54PM
Had a few hours out with the Rutus Alter 71 yesterday.
Went to a field that never produces great finds but it produces finds at many different depth levels and the Rutus 71 showed on the second signal that it's no slouch when depth is concerned even with the smaller coil on.

It wasn't an amazing find as usual on this field and was only a broken bullet casing but down at around 8 inches with a nice high tone, had a slightly choppy graph readout though probably because it was next to iron that was in the hole also what was reassuring when recovered it.

I was running more or less basic settings just with a higher level of sensitivity and this machine really is stable I found even when running at full sensitivity what is 90.

I went to a test patch in the field that is highly contaminated with all sorts of old crusty iron nails and burnt wood and bricks on a bank side, may of been an entrance to an old mine entrance of some description as its carved out, many machines go mental around this area and some just can't deal with it being so busy.

You can even place a nice sized coin about one inch under the surface here and still most machines just won't detect that coin no mater what you do.
So I put the Alter 71 to the test and loaded up the Ultra Fast Program and started to work this busy patch of land.
This has to be the fastest recovering machine I've used in a while and will put it to the test against the XP Deus in reactivity five soon so compare.
The Alter 71 has blistering speed in this mode is all I can say for now and will make easy work finding them shallow small finds on those busy sites that has lots of activity due to old habitation or places like car boot sales and so on.

The machine sounded of like a machine gun when I lowered the discrimination to zero so I could hear all under the coil and you could clearly hear it picking out every single signal but with the discrimination raised back up to thirty it remained very calm and stable over this busy area while sweeping across with the coil.

In amongst all the nails burnt wood and junk I found a high tone that I will show in a mini video clip tomorrow and link.
Turned out to be a bullet casing once again but I'm still amazed it pulled it out around three inches down in such busy irony conditions and even the probe was sounding off all around the hole.

I went on to find buckles a few coins and other bits and bobs across a field I've now been working for around a year or so with many machines in the few hours I had.

All was with basic programs and basic settings as I just wanted to familiarise myself with the machine in standard modes.

Over these few hours all I can say is I'm impressed and looking forward to getting to know this machine more and start to explore more of the potential that is ready to be unlocked in the settings.

Intriguing machine to say the least and I think this will be very useful in many different detecting environments.
Only time will tell if this machine is a true winner but at the moment I see no reason it should fail.

Lots more info to come on this machine once I work out more for myself but keep tuned as I'm sure it will be a fun learning curve.

I have pictures but don't know how to post here via iPhone
November 25, 2016 10:44PM
Brill write up Ziggy, sounds like a soild machine, looking forward to you getting the most out of the freq mode!
November 26, 2016 12:35AM
Sounds great Ziggy I will be buying a new machine for Christmas and the Rutus is top of my list at the moment!
November 26, 2016 09:36AM
How are you doing on gravel without manual tuning. Alter no manual tuning to land grabs magnetic stones
Alter no manual tuning into the ground. The terrain is weak

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2016 09:45AM by Denari.
November 27, 2016 01:26AM
Knocked up a quick little heavy iron search video clip here...... [youtu.be]

Need true time under my belt before I can truly pass my full thoughts on this machine but at the moment I'm really enjoying it but I've got other projects going on so I have to share the field time with it for a little longer.
Loving the audio and the different machine buzz about it what's going on, gives detecting a lift and like wildlife when something makes a bang... Head bop up.
Can't wait to get some true good weeks with it to walk the curve and learn the nice usable features.

Let's crack on :0)
November 27, 2016 10:32AM
Good vid Ziggy, certainly looks like a fast machine.
November 27, 2016 05:58PM
Hey Ziggy it appears that there is no manual ground balance only a pumping mode (T2 Style) is that the only ground balance mode ? once you have done a ground balance can you alter it up or down ?
November 29, 2016 08:02AM
Unless there's a hidden menu then there is no manual GB just pump or preset.
November 29, 2016 06:04PM
Ziggy Wrote:
> Unless there's a hidden menu then there is no
> manual GB just pump or preset.

Can you offset the ground balance or run it a bit hot with the preset ?
January 20, 2017 06:37PM
Managed to get a Field video done here..... [youtu.be]

More or less running basic settings....18 kHz with the concentric coil and 8 kHz with the larger DD coil.

Next outing I'm going for the deep stuff.

Truly is a fast machine with lots of potential
January 21, 2017 05:12AM
I have a Polish detecting buddy that goes three weeks a year back to Poland to detect with about 6 other detectorist there. He says all of them have been trading in their Deus' for the Rutus, which they say is a better machine!
January 21, 2017 05:39AM
Interesting detector.

Similar audio it seems to aka units.

Will be watching
January 21, 2017 09:39AM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> How much are these going to cost in US dollars?
>
> HH
> Mike
I bought a two coil pack .. 790 shipped from the UK.
January 30, 2017 08:49AM
Just purchased one of these! Does it have a depth meter or do you haft to adjust sound to get idea of depth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2017 01:57PM by Diggs4ever.
January 30, 2017 08:18PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Thank's again..yeah sort of of fell apart with the
> DD attached doing the nail board..A small DD would
> help alot
>
> Ill say again ......You aint seen unmasking yetwinking smiley
>
>
> Keith

Sorry Keith....When I said I have I wasn't referring to the Rutus..

Also digs4ever.... Yes and no, the Rutus has an intensity meter in pinpoint mode... combine this with the audio and it won't take too long to suss things out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 07:35AM by Ziggy.
January 31, 2017 02:11AM
Watched an air test video, reminded me of the audio of the AKA Berkut at a particular setting.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 31, 2017 02:37AM
Where can the manual be downloaded? TIA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 03:14AM by possum mo.