Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Mojave!

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Mojave!
February 17, 2017 09:28AM
It will be a future " Cult Classic" It wears " Big Boy Pants" !
Re: The Mojave!
February 17, 2017 09:35AM
No knickers on this one George?

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 17, 2017 09:37AM
Nope. Gonna leave this one in my will for my grandson to enjoy!
February 17, 2017 09:41AM
Sounds good. Hopefully Vince has children that will stay in the biz and keep the legacy alive and service the machine for him if it needs it.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2017 09:42AM by Jackpine.
February 17, 2017 10:03AM
Vince has to run his business on a shoe string they say. So should all business people. Regards
February 17, 2017 10:29PM
Hey I called the Tesoro a 'classic' as soon as I read the specs. I wasn't disappointed after using it so say the least. I was totally elated! I've bought several new Tesoro detectors and I have never went to the trouble to send in the warranty card. However after one time out with the Mojave, I rushed to send in the warranty card. I can't imagine not owning one. Its that good!

tabman
February 17, 2017 10:38PM
Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds good. Hopefully Vince has children that wi
> ll stay in the biz and keep the legacy alive and s
> ervice the machine for him if it needs it.
>
> Tom

VINCE???----He doesn't even metal detect.----James did a little but he is no longer with the Company..-----Jack was the one that kept the business alive but sad to say he is gone (passed away) as for some time.-----Now Rusty----he's "da man" but--he is going to retire before long (again, sad to say).---I'm surprised he didn't retire last Summer.-----I'm happy for him when he does retire but sad for the Company when that happens.----Tesoro won't be the same without him--that's FOR SURE!-------Del
February 17, 2017 10:52PM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
> Vince has to run his business on a shoe string the
> y say. So should all business people. Regards

Yeah----Vince as Tesoro CEO wouldn't HAVE TO "run his business on a shoe string" if he would use some intelligent long term planning.
February 17, 2017 11:15PM
Hey Del, do you remember that nail test video where I put up the Mojave up against some of my other brands of detectors that I use and really like a lot?

I just did a quick test against some of my Tesoro detectors that I really love against the Mojave. I'm sick at my stomach!

tabman
February 17, 2017 11:31PM
tabman Wrote:
> Hey Del, do you remember that nail test video wher
> e I put up the Mojave up against some of my other
> brands of detectors that I use and really like a l
> ot?
>
> I just did a quick test against some of my Tesoro
> detectors that I really love against the Mojave. I
> 'm sick at my stomach!
>
> tabman

Hey Gerald---why you sick?---Did the other Tesoros whup the Mojaves butt???smiling smiley-------Seriously----Tell me (us) about that test---I'm "all ears"---or better yet, post a vid.-------You're gonna make me get one of those little buggar Mojaves yet!grinning smiley
February 17, 2017 11:41PM
For a 251 dollar super compadre it's a bargain. Something about the magic fairy dust sprinkled on these things. Tesoro knocked it out of the ballpark on this one. I can't think of a better machine to just keep in your vehicle for quick stop hinting trips.
February 17, 2017 11:53PM
Del, let me put this way, I'll be out swinging my Mojave again tomorrow. Especially up next to the houses where there's an abundance of nails.

I need to do more testing. Del you may not be worthy of a Tesoro Mojave. LOL This is one special detector and heck it's only cost $251.10 shipped.

I'm chomping at the bit to get out again tomorrow to recover some more good stuff with my Mojave. If it was any funner to use, it would be illegal.

tabman
February 18, 2017 12:33AM
tabman Wrote:
> Del, let me put this way, I'll be out swinging my
> Mojave again tomorrow. Especially up next to the h
> ouses where there's an abundance of nails.
>
> I need to do more testing. Del you may not be wort
> hy of a Tesoro Mojave. LOL This is one special det
> ector and heck it's only cost $251.10 shipped.
>
> I'm chomping at the bit to get out again tomorrow
> to recover some more good stuff with my Mojave. If
> it was any funner to use, it would be illegal.
>
> tabman

Yeah----I might not be worthy Gerald----I'm just an ole man on a fixed income!winking smiley------Post us up a video of your other favorite Tesoros versus the Mojave you mentioned that made you sick to the stomach.----I (we) like watching your vids.-----Balls, I even made me up a pulltab board based on that one you had---still have it & think it's really good.thumbs down
February 18, 2017 12:45AM
Del, I'm pretty sure that Monte will be doing a review on a Mojave before long. Let's wait and see if he comes to same conclusions that I have. We usually agree 99% of the time.

tabman
February 18, 2017 07:35AM
Del is on fire! Someone call 911!hot smiley
February 18, 2017 08:36AM
I just received my Mojave yesterday..
I have not had it out in the dirt yet since I am still buried in snow at my house,
but I did do some quick testing in my basement to get an initial feel for it.
I think we need to be careful about elevating the Mojave to super special detector status.
It did no better on a nail board test than my Tesoro Conquistador, Bandido uMax or Amigo II.
In fact it takes a slower sweep speed to pass the test than my Bandido uMax.
I used the same 7" coil that came with the Mojave (nice coil!) on all detectors except the Amigo which has its own
hard wired 7" coil.
For the money which can't even buy a coil for some detectors now days, I think the Mojave is an easy buy.
I'll know more when the snow melts on how the ground switch works since I have pretty bad ground here.
It's very sensitive to gold and I got 2 1/2" on a 0.16 gram nugget which is pretty good for a silent search detector at this price range.
It runs dead quiet inside my house at full sensitivity and is deeper than my Amigo II and Bandido, but my Conquistador beats them all.
Im sure the Mojave will be a Tot Lot killer and the ultimate detector to have stuffed in the back seat for that old curb strip you happen on to
or just something to let your kids or curious friend use for the first time. That's my plans for it anyway.
It's light as a feather and can't get much more simple.
I think the 7" coil will be a big hit.

Again I haven't had it in the dirt yet so what do I know. Just thought I would give my first hands on impression of the Mojave.
I'm happy with my purchase so far.

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 08:57AM by Cabin Fever.
February 18, 2017 09:36AM
Bryan, thanks for the info!
February 18, 2017 09:47AM
grinning smiley Good one George!---Get the fire extinguisher--QUICK!!hot smileywinking smileyAlpha Goat Wrote:
> Del is on fire! Someone call 911!hot smiley
February 18, 2017 11:40AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> grinning smiley Good one George!---Get the fire extinguisher--Q
> UICK!!hot smileywinking smileyAlpha Goat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Del is on fire! Someone call 911!hot smiley

A Goat puts out a fire naturally ! smiling bouncing smiley
February 18, 2017 04:30PM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > grinning smiley Good one George!---Get the fire extinguisher-
> -Q
> > UICK!!hot smileywinking smileyAlpha Goat Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Del is on fire! Someone call 911!hot smiley
>
> A Goat puts out a fire naturally ! smiling bouncing smiley

oooooweeee-----Remember now young fellar----"he who pisses last, pisses best"!thumbs down----and having said that, I'm done with this!winking smiley-------P.S. I like you George--your a funny guy!grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 04:43PM by D&P-OR.
February 18, 2017 07:00PM
Well a forum member has offered to loan me his Mojave!!!

So now I can see what all the talk is about !!

Thanks for the loan Sir!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 18, 2017 07:16PM
Hey Del, my Tesoro Mojave Injun today tracked down a nice silver coin spill, some more silver coins and a 1892 GOLD COIN! 11.86 grams.

Later on today I will post lots of pictures and a write up for you to read. I love my Mojave and it has already more than paid for itself, plus it super fun to use.smiling smiley

tabman
February 18, 2017 07:17PM
Are you SERIOUS on the gold coin Tab???

If so man SUPER SUPER congrats!!

American/Foreign??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 18, 2017 07:29PM
Keith it's a American 5 dollar gold coin set in a pendant in near mint condition, is it worth much?

tabman
February 18, 2017 07:29PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Well a forum member has offered to loan me his Moj
> ave!!!
>
> So now I can see what all the talk is about !!
>
>
> Thanks for the loan Sir!!
>
>
> Keith

You bet.
Should be there Tuesday.
Take your time. I'm buried in snow here anyway.

Bryan
February 18, 2017 07:33PM
Whats mint mark......is it soldered or a clamp bezel..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 18, 2017 07:34PM
Thanks alot Bryan!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 18, 2017 07:39PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Whats mint mark......is it soldered or a clamp bez
> el..
>
> Keith

I'll be posting pictures later on today, I don't know anything about gold coins. I do know that the Mojave hits gold jewelry and nickels SUPER HARD.

tabman
February 18, 2017 07:47PM
Reason I asked was if it's soldered in it would diminish the value...but if it's in one of those clamp type bezels it cna be removed...and mint marks are important for the value...but if it's nice as you say and removable from bezel its a nice chunk of money..

[www.coinstudy.com]

Heres something to give an idea....itsa dealer selling a used one...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 07:58PM by Keith Southern.
February 18, 2017 08:04PM
Damn, I just found out that the gold coin isn't worth anything to me...................my wife just staked claim to it!

tabman