Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New detector from Tesoro

Posted by liaso 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New detector from Tesoro
February 06, 2017 03:57PM
Tesoro Mojave smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]
Re: New detector from Tesoro
February 06, 2017 04:16PM
Is that all that Tesoro are capable of,it looks like they have used the old Troy Super 7 coil and just a new paint job and a few sticker changes,i would doubt that anything major inside the machine has been altered either.

What a joke grinning smiley
February 06, 2017 04:17PM
Doesn't seem like anything really new?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 06, 2017 04:18PM
Tesoro did what Tesoro does. Everyone screaming for a new Tesoro....they got one.

If it has ED180 discrimination its a Compadre baby. If not, its a Silver baby.

HH
Mike

Operating Frequency...........................12 kHz
Search Coil............................................Precision 7” Concentric
Cable Length.........................................Approximately 3’
Audio Frequency..................................Approximately 630 Hz
Audio Output........................................36mm (approximately 1 1/2”)
Headphone Compatibility...................Speaker & Headphone Jack
Weight (may vary slightly)..................1/4” Stereo Plug
Battery Requirement............................2.2 lbs.
Battery Life (typical)............................One 9 volt DC (Alkaline)
Optimum Temperature Range...........15 to 18 Hours
Optimum Humidity.............................30° to 100° F, 0 to 75% R.H.
Operating Modes.................................ON/OFF/Fully Adjustable Sensitivity. Silent Search Discrimination, High/Low Ground Condition Selector Switch
February 06, 2017 06:13PM
"I don't know? It is a NEW detector. We've been screaming for something new from Tes for a long time and they delivered.
I'd say it's got some new circuitry with advanced ground filtering AND that 7" CC coil c looks to be a cracker! I'd say it will be a HOT operator for the Europeans?
Maybe the 'Sonora' is next?"
February 06, 2017 06:22PM
7" compadre with sensitivity control, 2 pre-set GB settings, and interchangeable coil. Black

Sure it's just a rehash of existing tech but I know there is demand for the 12khz platform to have more options like some of the discontinued models of the past.
February 06, 2017 06:35PM
Still only the damn one tone, that sucks in heavy iron. Disappointed I'll prob still buy the dang thing just to try it.
February 06, 2017 06:53PM
yeah---I'll bet that thing will cross talk our hand held pin pointers.
February 06, 2017 07:13PM
You have a point, Del. My TRX crosstalked with my Golden Sabre II. I'll never try one as like Kickindirt stated, its a single tone unit and I don't much care for hunting with single tone units. For some reason I find single tone units mentally fatigueing to use. I dunno why, I just do.

HH
Mike
February 06, 2017 08:13PM
EARLY APRIL FOOLS GAG?
February 06, 2017 08:26PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have a point, Del. My TRX crosstalked with my
> Golden Sabre II. I'll never try one as like Kick
> indirt stated, its a single tone unit and I don't
> much care for hunting with single tone units. For
> some reason I find single tone units mentally fati
> gueing to use. I dunno why, I just do.
>
> HH
> Mike

I wouldn't be interested in trying one either Mike.-----Seems like the "biggy" on it is the lo/hi g.b. switch & 7" conc. coil----(and 12 KHz to cross talk p.pointers)smiling smiley-----I got my Bandito 2 micro max & Silver Sabre that I'm sure can do what this one does--and more.---Plus the fact them running at 10 KHz--no pinpointer problems.-----Why, oh why does Tesoro ALWAYS compress the upper conductive range so tightly??----------Del
February 06, 2017 09:35PM
Oh please let it be a super Compadre! LINK

I bet you money that I could find a bucket load of good targets with that detector.

tabman
February 06, 2017 09:36PM
If Tesoro could just put take a Tejon or one of the popular umax versions and make a multi tone with some type of iron break that would be sick. Heck maybe a vdi display ha ha they would have a badass machine I think then. Now we're dreaming grinning smileydrinking smiley
February 06, 2017 10:34PM
you just can't argue with "Tri-color Zone Discrimination". Makes me want to put that label on my own Compadre. While I don't like single tone units I do have a Compadre I put a pig tail on. Right now it has a 11" Widescan pancake on it. It has a specific purpose. But it's slated to be sold after I get around to putting a connector on the original 5" coil that was on it. I have to be in the mood to do that stuff and the mood hasn't hit me yet. Thinking out loud, I have the pots and switches needed to turn my Compadre into a Mojave. Be fairly easy to do, too. But I'm not in the mood to do that either. For only a hundred dollars more than the cost of a Compadre you can have Tesoro do it for you. List is 279 but I heard the buy price is about 251.

You are probably right, Tabman. Its going to be a super Compadre. And I have no doubt you could find a wheelbarrow full of good stuff with it.

And when you think about it, it makes sense too. The Compadre is a great little unit and those two added features with a slimline 7" coil is worth the extra 100 bucks. I liked the old vacuum formed 7" coil on the Cortes. If this coil works as good as that coil its a win. If it works better, its even better.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 10:40PM by Mike Hillis.
February 06, 2017 10:38PM
Still beep and dig,if I want that I can set any of my machines to mono tone and disc iron out.
Even then I still have an I.d screen that the tesoro doesn't have.
Not even a decent effort to be in the game.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
February 06, 2017 10:43PM
This touches the Detector Rating thread. We each have our own idea or opinion of what the "game" is.

HH
Mike
February 06, 2017 10:54PM
supertraq Wrote:
> Still beep and dig,if I want that I can set any of
> my machines to mono tone and disc iron out.
> Even then I still have an I.d screen that the teso
> ro doesn't have.
> Not even a decent effort to be in the game.
Not everyone needs or wants a screen or multitones. Single tone and no screen is what makes Tesoro great in my opinion.
February 06, 2017 11:02PM
What happened to the hi-performance Cazador? Supposed to be released 3 years ago.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 06, 2017 11:14PM
Sven1 Wrote:
> What happened to the hi-performance Cazador? Suppo
> sed to be released 3 years ago.

Oh you didn't hear??-----It morphed into the Mojave!winking smiley
February 06, 2017 11:18PM
If it's anything like the X-2 it may turn out to be a hot little machine. Time will tell.
February 07, 2017 12:40AM
Yawn

I'd take a Vaquero over that unit any day (and a Tejon too).
February 07, 2017 01:06AM
I'm ordering one! ASAP

tabman
February 07, 2017 01:07AM
I ordered one.lol
February 07, 2017 01:19AM
Looks good to me, really like the 7" concentric coil as I already have a couple of Troy X2 S7 coils and they are dynamite on my ED=120 machines. I also like the ED-180 Disc. circuit and if the toggle switch operated Ground Balance works well, they have a winner for the Beep & Dig crowd.
February 07, 2017 02:05AM
A switch for high or low ground mineralization? So much for fine tuning.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
February 07, 2017 02:12AM
supertraq Wrote:
> A switch for high or low ground mineralization? So
> much for fine tuning.

Don't knock it if ya haven't tried it, it might just be a very good tool for a newbie to the sport. It can't count how many times I have talked somebody through a manual ground balanced machine.
February 07, 2017 02:47AM
Tesoro sold a ton of the compadres , they will probably sell a bunch of these also.

What detector in the $200 range is currently the most popular?

It used to be the Ace 250, I don't read about that one much anymore.
February 07, 2017 03:09AM
Welgund Wrote:
> I ordered one.lol

I got mine ordered and it will be shipped out tomorrow.

tabman
February 07, 2017 03:33AM
From Allen Cannon at Tesoro:

"The Mojave retail price is $279 and MAP price will be around $251. The Mojave is a cross over between a Compadre and Silver uMax. It is a totally new PCB and improved circuit wise. It been up graded with the new HIGH/LOW ground condition selector switch for the low to moderate ground conditions to HIGH ground mineralization. Areas to where you can use low setting should have an increase of a few inches in comparison to the high setting.
Mojave retains a ED 180 disc and fully adjustable sensitivity and you can swap out coils.
If you go to Tesoro web site it there and check under owner manual is the lay of the land. I wrote the key elements for the Mojave manual.
This is a sweet detector and we redesigned the Precision coil as well and NOPE it not the old Troy Shadow coil. I guess when they get out in the field we will see on how well she performs. If using it for nugget hunt will work less than 1 gram size& up. It will detect smaller gold and using a 5.75 does even better.
Wont be the best nugget hunter ,but will work in a pinch."
A.C.

Doesn't matter what Tesoro makes, they are probably the best beep and dig detectors when it comes to finding Canadian clad coins. The Mojave with the 7" coil should be no different.

But, where's the Cazador? LOL

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 07, 2017 03:35AM
tabman Wrote:
> Welgund Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I ordered one.lol
>
> I got mine ordered and it will be shipped out tomo
> rrow.
>
> tabman

Gerald------Give us a report on it & let us know what you think of it please.---------Del