Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

IMPACT MODES = MY FAVORITES AND WHY - short update

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
IMPACT MODES = MY FAVORITES AND WHY - short update
March 01, 2017 12:58AM
Di99 in 20kHz is my fav. #1 choice/mode for iron sifting because it's unlike anything on any of the prior Nok/Mak machines up to this point. It has a very clear cutting/zippy set of audio tones that cuts thru the iron like a laser, and there's no mistaken when you hit a non ferrous target in/among iron (I believe Keith calls em "squeakers") and that's a great interpretation/conveyance of how a non ferrous target sounds when encountered.

GEN(D) is another of my favs because it's a "delta pitch" mode to where the sound of the target/s change in relation to depth and/or as you pass from beginning/over and then pass target. Very unique.

GEN mode is up there too for the simple fact that it's threshold based but allows you to turn up/bring the disc. side in and hear the 2 separately at the same time as you turn the disc. up (think MXT).

STA(D) is another one as it's an all metal mode that you can set your tone break to allow you to hear iron or whatever you set the break at with other/desired targets intermingled and with 2 separate tones but blened together = pretty cool.

Di3 is #1 choice for hunting modern trash or mixed iron/modern trash for coin hunting (works for buttons, buckles, jewelry, etc too) because you can set your tone breaks on all 3 tones to ignore what you're not looking for while allowing the target/s you ARE looking for to pop out at you via high/er tones.

Di4 is up there too as it has 4 tones which makes for easy hunting in iron also and more so if you're cherry pickin = just listen for that highest tone and dig!

Deep mode in 5kHz is my fav. DEEP coin hunting program/mode in cleaner type sites/ground with depth approaching/matching or even in some case outperforming the top level vlf machines out there currently as well as some of the others like dual freq. machines/etc.

As a side note; I have to add that the Notch system is very good on this machine allowing the user to notch out single #'s instead of on like some machines out there where = you can only notch out blocks/sets of numbers which doesn't do you much good (and at the same time) the Impact allows you to notch out more than just one # at a time if you wish (IE) say you're hunting for OLD coins and you want to dig the nickel signals because there may be V nicks, Buffs, etc = you can notch out the square tab number AND the pulltab number which are different than nickels which in return gives you a much better chance at finding/identifying them and at the same time being able to ignore most of the sq tabs/pulltabs. That's just one scenario it works well in/for.

Any of the other testers here care to share your favs and/or expand on any of the ones I listed/etc?

I am still waiting on the word to list videos of infield use as I have some footage to share - will update/share when I/we get the green light to post those type of vids.

Thanks for looking/reading
Re: IMPACT MODES = MY FAVORITES AND WHY - short update
March 01, 2017 01:08AM
Nice observations MRH, useful info.

Funny thing about numbers and notching though.....different soils will change them.....so notching individual numbers is basically a way to customize to ones native/area soil....
March 01, 2017 02:30PM
thanks for posting, sure hope the machine comes out soon, I bet it will be late April, the boat ride will take some time. lol
March 01, 2017 05:08PM
GREAT INFO! THANKS MRH!
March 01, 2017 10:13PM
Thanks, MRH. Clearly stated synopsis; a good starting point for when mine arrives!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 03, 2017 12:18AM
Hey MRH, is the general mode in "stereo" where the two channels can work in separate ears? Like a nautillus so to speak.
March 03, 2017 01:08AM
deadlift Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey MRH, is the general mode in "stereo" where the
> two channels can work in separate ears? Like a nau
> tillus so to speak.

Nope

it's blended together - not on separate channels
March 03, 2017 01:19AM
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case...thanks for all the info sir
March 03, 2017 02:51PM
Only a Nautilus or a V3i has stereo mixed, so far.
March 03, 2017 06:09PM
You get one of them Free Detector's??????
March 04, 2017 03:23AM
I used the DI99 today and love it. I feel each program offers a new way to hunt and a way to take advantage of the impact and also change settings to fine tune the machine...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 04, 2017 07:38PM
Yep tones is the way to 'ROLL'....LOL..

Nice write up Wayne

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 06, 2017 09:16PM
coinhunterseth Wrote:
> Only a Nautilus or a V3i has stereo mixed, so far.

Rutus Alter 71 has that now too
March 06, 2017 09:17PM
sanjuro Wrote:
> coinhunterseth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Only a Nautilus or a V3i has stereo mixed, so fa
> r.
>
>
> Rutus Alter 71 has that now too

And my detector want list grows by one more.......