Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2 is 19kHz.........AtPro is 15kHz

Posted by gravediggermax 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2 is 19kHz.........AtPro is 15kHz
February 24, 2011 03:54AM
we are talking 4kHz..........difference between the two.

my question is.....4kHzs................much of a difference.

some detectors are 12........some are 17.......6 - 7 - 8
Re: G2 is 19kHz.........AtPro is 15kHz
February 24, 2011 03:59AM
Freq is very important.......as is detector 'sensitivity'.
February 24, 2011 08:39AM
Consider that the Omega's transmit frequency is 7.8 kHz, the F75 LTD's is 13 kHz, but the Omega is far hotter on small silver. That's only a 5kHz difference (and a price difference of $650 smiling smiley
February 24, 2011 12:44PM
I have less than one year detecting so take my comment with a grain of salt. but from what I have seen, higher freq machines seem to hit gold and very small targets hard at reasonable depths. Lower freq machines hit silver hard and larger targets at good depths. the lower freq machines also love round objects for some reason. So it is just my guess that mid range machines should give pretty good results on both worlds but maybe not
the depth as the specialized machines. No matter what machine you have, you get what you put into it and learning curve is important. I had six machines and cut back to two so I could spend as much time as I could learning those.

Tom in SC
February 24, 2011 01:01PM
Tom,
I've been detecting for more than a year so I wil take your comments with a few grains of salt , as I would agree with you ......Every machine has its idiosincracies , but your mention of spending the time to learn you machine(s) thorougly is a good one .... Jim
February 24, 2011 01:11PM
More important than suspected.

Beware the man with one gun.
let me kinda highjack this threat
February 24, 2011 03:17PM
with summer fast approaching i will be in need of yet another heater..............a heater i can use just for the dry sand and fresh drops.

in the past i have used mainly tesoros.......cibola, then silver umax and finally compadre..............i liked them all........very light.........i sold my compadre to ken 2 months ago, so i want to replace it.

now my atpro i know will work fine, but i find it heavy, so i switch arms alot...........as was my sepro, but now it is waterproofed in a bag or box.

when i owned the G2, i really did like it, so now i am leaning towards tekenitcs brand, since i have become fond of the damn meter.........omega........delta..........maybe gamma

with all that said..........what do u guys recommend .....................fresh drops, dry sand only.

thanks

<")))))<>(
beware the man with one gun
February 24, 2011 03:22PM
that is over my head tom

i will say............frequency did play a very big part with me when i owned the F75 and does play a big roll with my sepro on the beach. for the atpro..............i have fooled around with it alot, but have seen very little difference..............more to follow.
Re: let me kinda highjack this threat
February 24, 2011 03:27PM
Well Max if I may let me pipe in with a little bit of info for ya for your dry sand hunting.

Ever wonder how many rings get passed over cuz they lay on an angle? Past tests with many machines, including the MXT which is known as a gold getter, show that you get about 1/3 of the air test depth when on a sever angle. Enter the Omega and G2 and that changes... how about 1/2 to even 3/4 of the air test depth.

Does that interest you at all ???

Tom Z
February 24, 2011 03:30PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Consider that the Omega's transmit frequency is
> 7.8 kHz, the F75 LTD's is 13 kHz, but the Omega is
> far hotter on small silver. That's only a 5kHz
> difference (and a price difference of $650 smiling smiley

Yup! Even beats the G2 on a broad range of targets.

[www.findmall.com]

Just tested a Canadian half dime.... Omega 12" G2 9 1/2"

The only time the G2 really has any advantage (in air tests at least) is in all metal mode on the really dinky stuff.

Tom Z
February 24, 2011 04:07PM
Dry sand hunting only ? G2....It's what i want for it. Simple light and fast......Stable too.
February 24, 2011 04:20PM
Well let me chime in again...The G2 and maybe because I had a tester machine from Mike Smith is hot on coins, round targets and all shapes and sizes. It is as deep as my LTD that I just sold and my 8000. That is in my dirt. It loves coins on their sides it found a gold chain and it hit it hard. It loves silver and the other day we were hunting in a swimming hole they drained and we were in clay and it hit this diamond gold ring with no problem. Yesteday we were hunting an old sight that was loaded with nails and iron and the machines were sounding like EMI was causing the detectors to go crazy but it was the ground and nails and iron. I used the 11DD and would get my iron grunts loads of them. I managed to find a token that I had to slow down to get the nice tone but there is was and I was amazed.

The At Pro I hear is a bit heavy I like light..I love light and from the info I have read and the few videos I have seen I am not sure about that machine as of yet. But if you know your machine you can do just about anything. I had a friend with a CZ6 that would hit silver and I would ask him I got a tone about every five swings and he said dig it most of the times it is a nail but it can also be coins....and he found three silver dimes that way.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 24, 2011 08:49PM
I have a question about the Omega, maybe someone can answer. I purchased an Omega last spring and was very pleased with all the finds that it was giving me. it was my first new detector. I started reading and was seeing that other people were digging targets over 10" deep and pulling out old coins. I was finding only clad down to about 6". I purchased a larger coil but could not run it in my ground over 75 sensitivity. I decided after 4 months to sell it and get a different detector. I now have a higher end detector and I am getting those deep targets. but I missed the Omega. It was faster, lighter, easier to setup and on and on. So I just purchased another one as a backup and as a loaner for friends to use. when it arrived I carried it out to the test garden and was surprised that it was hitting targets 10" +. Pulled a wheat penny at about 11" out in my back yard.
Is it possible that the first Omega was just weak? If so how do people know if that have a machine that is working to it full potential? It would have saved me a lot of money.......

Tom in SC
February 24, 2011 10:26PM
Good queston tmanly, I have suspected for years hot and cold units
applying to different models.
Some wiill swear by a particular one and others sell them off looking
for more depth.
T-Manly......
February 25, 2011 12:11AM
That's partially the reason why I did the air test post on my standard T2. If more of us did that kind of testing and posted the results, at least we could have a 'rough' standard to gauge our Fisher/Tek machines by and perhaps be able to tell if we have a 'cold' machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2011 12:39AM by TerraDigger.
February 25, 2011 12:52AM
If these companies cared about their customers and had a good standard to meet , and followed that standard , and you got a little peice of paper in your box that said " INspected by John Doe " , and he would be held accountable for that detector , maybe we would have more consitancy and less problems with the machines we purchase ...... BOX EM UP !!.....MOVE EM OUT !!.....FASTER FASTER !!!....... It's all about profit today ..... Very few companies care about anything more than profit !!...... Quallity Control is something you can tell your Grand kids about !!..... Jim
February 25, 2011 12:56AM
Max ,
If we could EVER convince Garrett down the road to sell coils with realistic lengths , you could chest mount the AT Pro control box and FLY down the sand ...... It's got a great frequency for Gold , and it's no sloutch on coins in the dry !!..... Recent drops? No problem ......No more zincs !!.....Pinpoints great !!.....I don't have to tell you .....If you want it for only dry, make a longer coil cable for it and chest moutn it .......Wait till yours comes back .....You're gonna LOVE scubbing the ground again !!.....No falsing !!.....Jim
February 25, 2011 01:10AM
then why aren't the Multi-Frequency the way to go, or the gold machines that run at 50kHz
I had an Omega
February 25, 2011 02:10AM
Bought it last Feb..... It air tested fantastic..... but in my ground, it just did not have the depth. 7" on a coin was the deepest. Easy to operate and lite weight though. Sold it in july.
February 25, 2011 03:19AM
Caretaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> then why aren't the Multi-Frequency the way to go,
> or the gold machines that run at 50kHz

I think Max is looking for an ultra-lightweight unit in
dry sand so that rules out the heavy MLs.
The gold machines generally don't have the proper
meter and/or a decent disc mode.
February 26, 2011 02:02AM
Gravediggermax. Fly down to Florida and meet me. For $2100 I will take you dry-sand hunting.......teach you some eye-opening unique techniques.......demonstrate a special detector......utilize this special detector..........and you get to keep the detector after learning it.
February 26, 2011 02:40AM
max, you gotta be in the air somewhere over south carolina as i right this!!!!!!!!! lol
do it max!!!!!!!!!!!!
tom/seeker
February 26, 2011 05:03AM
i will be in florida around the 21st for several days........ft pierce.......stewart and ft meyers.

2100 beans is a lot of ammo for dry sand heater..........but the offer is of great interest.

let me clear this up some

i am not a dry sand hunter, but i do hunt it on occassion..............when the tide is high late in the afternoons.

i actually hate hunting it, but it has its pluses.

i will get up with u..
Seeker

i have lear pilot on 24hr. standby now.

<")))))<>(
Re: tom/seeker
February 26, 2011 07:25AM
Go fer it Max---that Lears ah burnin fuel!!!!!!
Max..........
February 26, 2011 07:38AM
Would you be kind enough to stop by Idaho.........and pick me upsmiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2011 01:21PM by TerraDigger.
February 26, 2011 12:41PM
NASA-Tom
.......demonstrate a special detector......utilize this special detector..........

Is that an F80 in the sand???
February 26, 2011 01:10PM
No........no F80.

Just let me know when you are in the area.
February 26, 2011 01:14PM
Is this the new Fisher Muti Freak ? ........
February 26, 2011 03:16PM
ha ha ha Toms got you guys (us) guessin/curious!!----Swing by & pick me up on the way down also!-----I'm in OR Terra Digger, they can pick us both up at the same time!!! LAFF-----------Del
February 26, 2011 05:03PM
Like jackpine and lawrenzo i have found the Omega and the G2 to be some kick arse detectors.

May be differences from site to site and ground to ground but these two badboys do most inland detecting far above average and far below the most expensive detectors.

It dont take a genious to know that also DJ knows this and have read the feedback on both machines.

I think the writing on the wall will come to a day of revelation. A dual selectable freq detector will be launched by FT based on the same coils as the two mentioned badboys.

That day will be a day to remember.

The tonebreak from the G2 will have to be there though. Maybe add a iron tone silencer switch for thos who dont like to hear the iron.Silence the tone below break... if you understand.