Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

13.6 KHz frequency on AT-Max

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
13.6 KHz frequency on AT-Max
May 21, 2017 02:54PM
I have heard some belly aching due to this frequency just remember that this is similar to the frequency of the Teknetics T2 which is a tried and proven machine. It is a kick butt machine and I think the AT-Max is going to be a good machine even with the lower frequency.
Re: 13.6 KHz frequency on AT-Max
May 21, 2017 04:35PM
Who knows why manufacturers tweak freqs...

I mean a AT-PRO is at 15 so 13.6 really not that much different..

Could be that on that freq on that design a certain target like say pulltab was easier to ID accurately for better trash rejection....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 21, 2017 05:11PM
The frequency of 13 kHz works very well for fairly small targets and is fairly stable when working on a multitude of soils.
My favorite frequency, at this frequency, my Signum MFD with a coil of 13" works like a vacuum cleaner ...
May 21, 2017 06:33PM
The change in frequency assures everyone having to buy new coils.
May 21, 2017 06:55PM
All the garrett AT coils work on the AT Max. Not sure about the aftermarket ones. I watched a youtube video where she was using an AT Max with the 5x8 coil.
May 21, 2017 09:39PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have heard some belly aching due to this frequen
> cy just remember that this is similar to the frequ
> ency of the Teknetics T2 which is a tried and prov
> en machine. It is a kick butt machine and I think
> the AT-Max is going to be a good machine even with
> the lower frequency.

I tend to agree - The amount of time its taken Garrett to come up with the MAX you would have to expect that its all that and more

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
May 22, 2017 12:36AM
A friend has spent a good bit of time with it and says it has much more zip than the pro. He says it hunts like an AT Gold if that makes sense. Between the increased gain and slightly lower freq its a pretty danged good on coins.
May 22, 2017 03:35AM
I think the wireless headphone setup is a very cool feature. Now I'm just wondering when they will introduce a set of wireless waterproof headphones.