Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BRAND LOYAL??? survey

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
BRAND LOYAL??? survey
March 14, 2011 11:17AM
who on this site considers themselves "Brand Loyal".. I don't think I am? I have a hunch of some that are though. ha.. post yea or nay, if you dare!.. when i say brand that could mean company..thanks
Re: BRAND LOYAL??? survey
March 14, 2011 11:43AM
Nay, Here. I like them all. Some better than others. Then agen them CZs are pretty nice smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 11:46AM by lpratt.
March 14, 2011 11:56AM
I guess it depends on what you call " Brand Loyal " .....I have a few Minelab machines that continue to fall back on , but I try as many machines on the market as I can afford to try ........I'm finding that whle heavier , I am more drawn to the older machines except for my E Trac ..... The E Trac is really one of the only machines I have found so far that really is an inovative peice of gear that does more than your average detector .... For a single frequency machine , the AT Pro tops the list , but pales in comparison to the E Trac , yet handles gold well on the dry sand !!.....I don't think I'm brand loyal .....Jim
March 14, 2011 12:18PM
E-trac is #1 on my list. will always have one until something better comes out.
Fisher/ Teknetics is second . Great grab and go detectors and will be my backup detector
Garrett and Whites are not on my list. I have tried them but they do not fit my style of hunting

Tom in SC
March 14, 2011 04:44PM
I hunt with whatever brand will make the better finds. Colonial relic hunting is demanding on a machine. Currently I use an E Trac and have retired my DFX. I am always waiting for the next model, but I always wait for the hype to die down before I purchase it.
March 14, 2011 05:16PM
My words exactly Coinnut.
I'll let someone else pull the trigger...then I'll wait for the feedback to roll in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 05:57PM by Aaron.
March 14, 2011 05:35PM
I don't consider myself brand loyal I currently own a Minelab E-Trac, Tesoro DeLeon, Fisher F5 and most recently an Garrett At Pro. I mainly use my E-Trac and love it don't see myself parting with it, but It's a tad heavy and I like trying different machines and a change of pace now and then. I hunt certain areas with certain machines and like certain features on each machine as well as have some dislikes about them, there also some machines out there I would love to try and from different companies. I have to say I am partial to my E-Trac but am not loyal to Minelab.
March 14, 2011 06:05PM
I got hooked onto Fishers first (not sure why exactly?), started with a Coinstrike, then the F4, a F70, a CZ-70, and finally a F75 LTD.

Somewhere in the mix I also ended up with a Minelab Sovereign, and a Teknetics Omega.

For me the best machines have been the CZ-70 and the F75 LTD by far. The Omega is also a great machine, but it just doesn't have the depth of the CZ and LTD and is not forgiving on air gap whereas the CZ and LTD are (the 08 needs to scrub the ground for best results).

I wouldn't say I'm brand loyal, I like trying newer technology, but ultimately I want the machine that will deliver the best results for my kind of hunting in my soil. Lately FT is been falling short in that category. When I started hunting ~ 4 years ago I was kind of turned off by Whites as it appeared to me they were just recycling the same old machines with new stickers and coils (although I have to say the V3i is a very good and interesting machine, as I've seen from hunting buddies). Garrett seemed to be stuck in the 90's (at least when I started detecting ~ 4 years ago). Fisher seemed like a good bet.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Etrac, although I'm a bit leery as it seems like ML is about due for a new machine in the Explorer series (I consider the Etrac in that series), but I know the ET is a very good machine in mineralized soil for deep silver.
March 14, 2011 06:20PM
I'm very curious why some guys think Mine Lab has a new machine coming out. I'm not saying they dont, however I have not seen any proof one way or the other.
Maybe because they haven't had a new machine out in a while?......
March 14, 2011 06:34PM
Had some of the top 6 brands in last 5 years if you include my pointer
As of now 3 + pointer
March 14, 2011 06:44PM
If a Brand does what I need it to do then I will try it....I really like Fisher and TEK but now I am reading how we need a new machine that has different freq so we can go to parks and not dig so much junk. We could buy some of the past machines but I would like to see Fisher and TEK come out with such a machine...As I have said before we have come a long way for relic hunting now it seems park and school hunting has fallen behind. So if someone makes a new machine with coils that are light and fast and can unmask in iron and has different freq and works I will try it. Got to give us a fighting chance when we are in trash. I kind of miss parks and school hunting but we need to put some of the trash into a different VDI.

If someone made a machine that made that claim and maybe helped tell gold a bit better from pull tabs and foil and moved some of the junk into a way different VDI like the crown caps and such, added depth and a boost mode...hi Fisher and Tek. I think I would hunt more schools more parks..

What do you all think will be the next new machine?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 10:05PM by Lawrenzo.
March 14, 2011 08:10PM
I'm not, I have a whites , garrett, bh, Detector Pro, but I'm getting a new garret, it's more cost and effect, I'm a regular joe, I don't have the money of a football player, sounds like most of you guys are millionaires smiling smiley or you have no kids haha
March 14, 2011 10:05PM
I find it interesting that the few guys who answered this thread , out of all of them , quite a few own E Tracs !!...... I think it would be cool if Minelab made an E Trac in a Soveriegns clothing, that could be hip or chest mounted, and made it waterproof with the same matrix, and display !!....Swing nothing more than a shaft and a coil .....smiling smiley .....JIm

Or better yet, let a company that can make a detector wthout all the problems make it !! ( if there are any left )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 10:06PM by synthnut.
March 14, 2011 11:47PM
Its not that we don't have children or we have a lot of money. It the fact that we are so OLD we can't remember where we put our detector, so we have to get another one.
March 15, 2011 12:40AM
I am not brand loyal, but out of habit have used all Fisher/First Texas machines. I will use whatever works best though -- as long as I can master it. Etracs, though they will do what I want a machine to do, are intimdatingly difficult looking.

I totally and completely agree with Lawrenzo's post above. If Fisher/Tek can produce a machine that is geared to be a deep (F70/F75/T2-deep) silver coin shooter for parks/schools, etc., multi-frequency so that, like the Etrac, we can get the high-conductivity junk into a different "category" and thus not hear them, but still see all the clad/silver, and maybe see some gold instead of pull tabs/foil, then that is my DREAM detector. I'd buy it in an instant. That, plus my Gold Bug Pro, and I'd never buy another machine again!

Steve
March 15, 2011 01:02AM
I think Minelab makes the best machines for my ground, so I am pretty loyal to Minelab. However, if another brand could create something that could compete in mineralized ground, I wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.
wjs
March 15, 2011 01:33AM
I am not brand loyal. I use whatever gets the job done I don't care what it's called......;o)
I have the E-trac, Omega and the AT Pro. E-Trac is number 1 in my opinion.
March 15, 2011 02:21AM
I kinda favor White's.........for their excellent after sale service/integrity. Hey, I bought my T2, brand new, for 407.00 on Amazon when they were clearing their T2 inventory. So, this season, I will see what a First Texas product can dosmiling smiley
March 15, 2011 07:05AM
I am not brand loyal. I will purchase any detector, from any company, if I think that thier machine will better help me find what I am looking for.
March 15, 2011 04:55PM
I am "PERFORMANCE" loyal.
March 15, 2011 05:08PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am "PERFORMANCE" loyal.

That's the best way of putting it I've heard yet Tom isn't that the truth!
March 16, 2011 03:11AM
I have at least one of each brand, Does that make me brand loyal?
No Duke......Re: BRAND LOYAL??? survey
March 16, 2011 03:24AM
It makes you fortunate...lol
March 16, 2011 03:37AM
Ditto on the Performance Loyal.
I've got no time to be hobbled with a machine that requires me to
make excuses, create work-arounds or have to complain about less depth or poor performance
compared to my last unit.
I also let the dust, the hype and price settle before I jump in.
March 16, 2011 01:32PM
coinnut
hunt with whatever brand will make the better finds.

Same here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 01:33PM by Shambler.