Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So what will Fisher announce tomorrow?

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: So what will Fisher announce tomorrow?
November 24, 2017 07:34AM
I don't need another pinpointer. Well hell I'll just keep using the F75 I Already Have!
I don't need a new machine anyway ways as everything been built over or off limits. Beep and dig above iron.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2017 07:39AM by supertraq.
November 24, 2017 02:36PM
The best F75 was the original. Hot! Then they dumbed it down! Never to return!
November 24, 2017 05:28PM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The best F75 was the original. Hot! Then they dumb
> ed it down! Never to return!

True that, AG.
Years ago, I sent my 75 in to get it repaired for something other than the way it ran,... the speaker came loose or something trivial like that.,..... They updated it without asking me...wasn't happy.

I liked it the way it was, all high strung and sparky. It came back with one of its testicles removed. I didn't complain because it still found me some great pulls and still does. I also did not send the one I have with boost in, to get DST.....a detector with one nut is enough, lol.
November 24, 2017 09:52PM
I like FTP

They built a revolutionary platform

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 24, 2017 10:41PM
In amongst all the leftover turkey and gravy recipes, there is one little point about the F75+ that I didn’t know till it was pointed out on Steve H’s forum. This latest (and I suspect last) version of the F75 has two new features. 3 levels of iron audio (fe tone) and adjustable audio pitch in discrimination (previously only in all metal).

Now before somebody says “so what”... it’s only incremental features like these that have marked the progress among all makers of VLF Detectors in the last 20 years.

Now we can all sit back and wait to see who else can produce something truly new.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 25, 2017 12:08AM
A trusted friend told me he dug some deep targets in Culpeper Va. in disc. mode that hit hard! That would mean something to me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2017 03:35PM by Alpha Goat.
November 25, 2017 11:44PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Of all the machines I've owned in the last decade,
> I always seem to find myself coming back to an F75
> or T2 for the workhorse of my hunting. I'm really
> liking the T2 Special Edition with DST. They just
> plain work. For me, hunting in 3 or 4 bar dirt, t
> here's no better VLF machines to use. Pulse Machi
> nes...yes...but VLF machines get crippled too much
> in it. I could do some relic hunting videos for y
> ou guys between the T2 and CTX 3030 that would mak
> e the CTX look really really bad.

I'm with you Daniel and agree 100% I always come back to the F75 over and over again. Yes the PI machine can out hunt the F75, but I don't like digging so many nails.
Thanks for the coil you sent me, I found a very nice class ring with it.
November 25, 2017 11:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I like FTP
>
> They built a revolutionary platform
>
> Keith
Yes, yes, yes.............
November 26, 2017 07:07PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> In amongst all the leftover turkey and gravy recip
> es, there is one little point about the F75+ that
> I didn’t know till it was pointed out on Steve H’s
> forum. This latest (and I suspect last) version o
> f the F75 has two new features. 3 levels of iron
> audio (fe tone) and adjustable audio pitch in disc
> rimination (previously only in all metal).
>
> Now before somebody says “so what”... it’s only in
> cremental features like these that have marked the
> progress among all makers of VLF Detectors in the
> last 20 years.
>
> Now we can all sit back and wait to see who else c
> an produce something truly new

Try Nokta & Makro -----

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 26, 2017 07:56PM
rustic charm Wrote:
> lytle78 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In amongst all the leftover turkey and gravy rec
> ip
> > es, there is one little point about the F75+ tha
> t
> > I didn’t know till it was pointed out on Steve H
> ’s
> > forum. This latest (and I suspect last) version
> o
> > f the F75 has two new features. 3 levels of iro
> n
> > audio (fe tone) and adjustable audio pitch in di
> sc
> > rimination (previously only in all metal).
> >
> > Now before somebody says “so what”... it’s only
> in
> > cremental features like these that have marked t
> he
> > progress among all makers of VLF Detectors in th
> e
> > last 20 years.
> >
> > Now we can all sit back and wait to see who e
> lse c
> > an produce something truly new
>
> Try Nokta & Makro -----

Gotta agree with that, the Racer2 had all of these "new" Plus features two years ago.... I bet the back lite on the F75+ is still stuck on all the time too eh? Very annoying if you're a night hunter. At any rate, the F75/T2 Plus are a good deal, totally kills the resale market for anyone looking to sell their T2 or F75 machines. Sucks to have paid $1200 for the F75 LTD and have to practically give it away now....
November 26, 2017 08:26PM
Speaking from my own experiences, Nokta/Makro aren't exactly the best examples to bring up when talking about resell value. smiling smiley I think I barely got $400 out of my Impact Pro pack when I sold it and was greatful to get that, and it was just a few months old. A person had better be darn sure they are going to keep them if they are going to buy one of their units new. I'm not knocking their products...just stating that they don't have much going for them when it comes to reselling.
November 26, 2017 08:42PM
What Daniel said, plus in my ground the Red and 2 are not as deep as my F 75. I plan on keeping my 75, so am not concerned about used resale. HH jim tn
November 26, 2017 08:46PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> In amongst all the leftover turkey and gravy recip
> es, there is one little point about the F75+ that
> I didn’t know till it was pointed out on Steve H’s
> forum. This latest (and I suspect last) version o
> f the F75 has two new features. 3 levels of iron
> audio (fe tone) and adjustable audio pitch in disc
> rimination (previously only in all metal).
>
> Now before somebody says “so what”... it’s only in
> cremental features like these that have marked the
> progress among all makers of VLF Detectors in the
> last 20 years.
>
> Now we can all sit back and wait to see who else c
> an produce something truly new.

FE tones and pitch are not new. Introduced 3 years ago with Enhancement as well as FA and DST.
November 26, 2017 09:36PM
Serves me right for believing what I happen to run across without checking the user manual for the LTD! Thanks Craig for correcting that.

Rick Kempf
November 27, 2017 05:38PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Speaking from my own experiences, Nokta/Makro aren
> 't exactly the best examples to bring up when talk
> ing about resell value. smiling smiley I think I barely got
> $400 out of my Impact Pro pack when I sold it and
> was greatful to get that, and it was just a few mo
> nths old. A person had better be darn sure they a
> re going to keep them if they are going to buy one
> of their units new. I'm not knocking their product
> s...just stating that they don't have much going f
> or them when it comes to reselling.

I assume you mean Racer Pro pack? I've seen the Impact Pro packs selling used in the $800'ish range, the Racer2 ProPacks in the $500'ish range and the Red Racer ProPacks in the $300'ish range. If someone sells an Impact for $400, something doesn't add up.

I guess I can't complain about giving away my F75, it doesn't really owe me anything, it's more then paid for itself, but still after forking out $1200 for it, and then dumping more into the LTD2 upgrade, I think I'll just keep it. Unfortunately I know that my newer detectors will out hunt it, so it'll likely sit around collecting dust.
November 27, 2017 09:14PM
No. You read it correct...it was the Impact Pro pack. I had it listed on several forums and there just wasn't interest in it. I think I might have got $425 tops out of it. I know it was a hit. But the same was true for the Fors Relic and red Racer so I knew what I was getting myself into. I just had hopes of keeping the Impact so I got it new.
November 27, 2017 11:00PM
Killer deal on the F75 (LTD) gold for sure. A good dealer might even cut you slack off the $649. I know if I didn't have already have an F75 this would be the time to buy one. I couldn't imagine not having a F75 LTD now that DST has come along. I often think selling all my others and just using it.

So if they are moving their top tier offering down square in the middle of the middle tier, I wonder what their going to put in the top tier spot? That's the real question. I bet it obsoletes all single VLF metal detectors. smoking smiley

HH
Mike
November 28, 2017 12:27AM
Wait til spring and the F75 price will drop again. It'll probably get eaten alive by the EQ600.smileys with beer
November 28, 2017 01:04AM
Doubt it.

By spring, the detailed uses of various detectors will be clearly documented and the relative value of various machines will settle down in the marketplace.

Rick Kempf
November 28, 2017 04:28AM
Lytle, Given that the Eq 600 and the F75 are the same price, the consumer has a choice, either buy 10 year old technology, or new cutting edge technology I think First Texas will have to sweeten the deal, either a lower price, or throw in some freebies come springtime. There are so many detectors out there that are leaving the F75 in the dust. The 75 is over the hill so to speak.
November 28, 2017 05:20AM
possum mo Wrote:
> Lytle, Given that the Eq 600 and the F75 are the s
> ame price, the consumer has a choice, either buy 1
> 0 year old technology, or new cutting edge technol
> ogy I think First Texas will have to sweeten
> the deal, either a lower price, or throw in some f
> reebies come springtime. There are so many detect
> ors out there that are leaving the F75 in the dust
> . The 75 is over the hill so to speak.

thought they were throwing in their new PI pinpointer to sweeten the deal?
November 28, 2017 02:31PM
Yes, the F75+ and T2+ Include the new FT Pulse Induction pointers. These are indeed new technology - much less likely to false on difficult ground and very powerful.

Rick Kempf
November 28, 2017 03:28PM
lytle78
Yes, the F75+ and T2+ Include the new FT Pulse Induction pointers. These are indeed new technology - much less likely to false on difficult ground and very powerful
Rick, you have me curious now as to what you refer to as 'NEW TECHNOLOGY'?

I use three Pinpointers and have for a few years now and mine are NOT likely to false on difficult ground which is the type of conditions I hunt in.

As for 'VERY POWERFUL' what are you referring to? Certainly they are a marked improvement over that POJ they have been offering for many, many years that is so wimpy it doesn't even rate as a child's toy at Christmas time. (I'm referring to the one usually promoted as a Bounty Hunter pinpointer but has been offered with other FTP units.)

A slim, hand-fitting package? That's not 'new technology.' Adjustable Sensitivity (only 3 levels) isn't 'new technology.' Use of a push-button to turn the device On and Off and make adjustments? Nope, not 'new technology' either. Pulse instead of a Transmit/Receive design? Nope, not a 'new technology' thing, which means the only thing I see that is 'new technology' but close to useless is the ability to adjust the light for three intensity levels.

Your comment is interesting, but not informative, and while I like the two color schemes of the Fisher and Teknetic's labeled devices, I don't see what they offer over what I am using. Oh, yes, the one obvious difference is use of AA batteries instead of a 9V, but that's not a buy or not-buy decision maker if the overall performance isn't on par with, or better than, some top quality, hand-held pinpointers on the market today.

Just wondering ....

Monte
November 28, 2017 03:59PM
Monte -- Which pinpointer doesn't false in difficult ground? Ive used just about all of them and haven't found one yet that didn't false. I've found one or two that didn't do it as bad as others but still do it enough to be aggravating.
November 28, 2017 04:06PM
Monte, the “new technology” I was referring to was the new from the ground up design of a waterproof Pulse Induction pinpointer.

With the exception of the Pistol Probe pinpointer, these are the first PI pinpointers to hit the market - as far as I know. So I score that as new technology - in waterproof ergonomic pinpointers. Lord knows the Pistol Pro was neither waterproof or ergonomic - I’ve got one.

As far as it’s ability to function on bad ground without falling as VLF IP devices are prone to, I am relying on comments by Several of the testers, including one of the hosts on relic roundup podcast - who have remarked that the FT units were much less liable to falling than other pp’s they had used. On the Relic Roundup podcast for November 13th at about the 27 minute mark, you can hear Heath Jones describe his testing it. He specifically remarks on it’s lack of falling in a highly mineralized area and its overall power.

Here’s a link to an earlier thread about the pinpointers -

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

So if a newly designed (by Carl Moreland - I believe) PI pinpointer doesn’t count as new technology than I guess my post wasn’t “informative” as you put it. Sorry about that.

Rick Kempf
November 28, 2017 04:44PM
the detectnix/quest x-pointer is pulse. Gold digger land or sea is pulse. These can be used in bad ground and salt with no falsing. But they are cheap chinese build quality and depth similar to garrett. The new fisher/tek performance is more on par with the TRX but 360 detection still like a garrett. I hope the audio and vibrate is strong. That's one reason why I can't ever get used to others over the garrett. They feel hollow.

NOTE, pulse pinpointers are not sensitive to small gold at all. so chains, micro jewelry, and small nuggets may not detect just like on other PI units. I don't know this for fact on the new FTP pointers, but something to possibly to expect. We will know more next week when they start shipping. Non-issue for most.
November 28, 2017 04:57PM
That Detectnix X-Pointer does false. That's what my buddy has or had. He got so mad at it that he lobbed it against a tree trunk and busted it. He uses the old black Garrett now. He says even though it does still false, it ain't as bad as the Detectnix was.
November 28, 2017 08:31PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Yes, the F75+ and T2+ Include the new FT Pulse Ind
> uction pointers. These are indeed new technology
> - much less likely to false on difficult ground an
> d very powerful.

Just to correct you there Rick but the T2+ includes the Tek-Point NOT the F-Pulse

As for pricing, we can thank other manufacturers for FT dropping their prices

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 28, 2017 08:48PM
Correct, RC. Both the Tek and Fisher PP’s are identical except for the outer shell.

The general weakness of the detector market along with an initial push by Nokta/Makro at the upper end via new product at challenging prices and the ever rising tide of competent budget machines (not pirates) from China made it clear that the days of top dollar high end machines were numbered. If you are the market leader in unit sales, you need to pay attention. Weak markets are an opportunity for strong competitors to build market share.

Nokta sees this, Minelab sees this, First Texas sees this. Each have their own tools to enable them to do so. Here’s a nice summary of the ways this is done. Price cuts are one way - introducing innovative products - whether an all-new Equinox or an all new pinpointer is another.

[www.educba.com]

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2017 09:16PM by lytle78.
November 28, 2017 09:05PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> That Detectnix X-Pointer does false. That's what
> my buddy has or had. He got so mad at it that he l
> obbed it against a tree trunk and busted it. He u
> ses the old black Garrett now. He says even though
> it does still false, it ain't as bad as the Detect
> nix was.

Yet, to most, its the other way around - Garrett PP false's and the X-Pointer is solid

Perhaps sending it back before using the tree would have been the way to go - who knows winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]